What are your thoughts on assassin's creed odyssey?

Shammikit

So, I should start off by saying Im not a huge fan of the AC series going RPG. I did play Origins last year to see what its like, apart from its graphics and the huge map (which I think was very nicely put together) I didnt enjoy the rest of the game. The story, the combat and the gameplay was meh. When I play AC games, usually the story and the experience sticks in my head for a very long time but this game I forgot even existed after a couple of weeks. I got some free time the past few weeks and I was able to finish all my other games and now I pretty much dont have a game to play. So Im looking at AC odyssey now wondering if I should give it a shot. Do you think this game is worth a try?  

AC Odyssey Gameplay/Combat/Graphics are much better then Origins, and theres so much content its insane

1 minute ago, Chabax said:

AC Odyssey Gameplay/Combat/Graphics are much better then Origins, and theres so much content its insane

what about the story, was that any gud? 

just dont forget to put volumetric clouds from ultra to high,  ultra option for volumetric clouds eats like 20-30% fps from high

4 minutes ago, Chabax said:

Hows the gameplay? I really enjoyed the Origins, but then i saw that Odyssey is all driving a ship or boat or something and that put me off of trying it? Is it actually like that, or is it like origins, exploring cities and stuff?

I only see your reply if you @ me.

This reply/comment was generated by AI.

1 minute ago, Shammikit said:

what about the story, was that any gud? 

yea, AC odyssey is well crafted overall, improved version of Origins in every aspect

1 minute ago, Origami Cactus said:

Hows the gameplay? I really enjoyed the Origins, but then i saw that Odyssey is all driving a ship or boat or something and that put me off of trying it? Is it actually like that, or is it like origins, exploring cities and stuff?

Combat is 10x better then Origins, and driving boats isnt slow or anything, and when u dive into ocean and see how beatuiful ocean floor is u will be stunned, it looks orgasmic

1 minute ago, Chabax said:

Combat is 10x better then Origins, and driving boats isnt slow or anything, and when u dive into ocean and see how beatuiful ocean floor is u will be stunned, it looks orgasmic

But how about the cities and stuff?

12 minutes ago, Origami Cactus said:

But how about the cities and stuff?

its amazing. There is some sea/ship combat, but majority of the gameplay and story takes place on land in cities and exploring the world. Its got some breath taking views... well worth it. You're doing yourself a disservice not getting it IMO. 

Community Standards | Fan Control Software

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

Just now, Skiiwee29 said:

its amazing. There is some sea/ship combat, but majority of the gameplay and story takes place on land in cities and exploring the world. Its got some breath taking views... well worth it. You're doing yourself a disservice not getting it IMO. 

Good to hear. My favourite parts from origin were exploring the accurate ancient cities and ruins, so if Oddesey has the same then very nice indeed!

36 minutes ago, Chabax said:

the combat is not 10x better, if anything its worse. it is doable by babies ffs, q can parry anything and then dodging is literally the entire combat system.

a billion map markers that have no purpose other than simply being there for +5 exp.

ocean is meh. nobody even spends time down there except for the random shipwreck here and there.

the graphics are meh. Unity's are much better.

there are only 3 redeeming features.

parkour (staple, if that sucked AC wouldve died.)

story (if that sucked ac wouldve become nothing than another meh new game.)

abilities. spartan kick is a redeeming quality ngl.

overall, its ok. a little way too many useless markers, but ignoring the grind its a decent game.

@Origami Cactus

stuff is cool. stuff that has fancy lighting is cooler. stuff that has fancy lighting and works is the coolest.

i game so i know a bit abt gaming tech, not much abt professional tech.

writing this as i finish a 3 hour D2 sesh so excuse anything wrong.

9 hours ago, Shammikit said:

So, I should start off by saying Im not a huge fan of the AC series going RPG. I did play Origins last year to see what its like, apart from its graphics and the huge map (which I think was very nicely put together) I didnt enjoy the rest of the game. The story, the combat and the gameplay was meh. When I play AC games, usually the story and the experience sticks in my head for a very long time but this game I forgot even existed after a couple of weeks. I got some free time the past few weeks and I was able to finish all my other games and now I pretty much dont have a game to play. So Im looking at AC odyssey now wondering if I should give it a shot. Do you think this game is worth a try?  

Totally worth it I haven't played the whole game but did play for like 2 hours on my friends computer as I'm still building my computer and I only need to buy the ram now. I enjoyed the game very much the story seems to be awesome 🙂