Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Thiccc

My first gaming pc

Recommended Posts

Posted · Original PosterOP

Budget (including currency): 900-1000 usd

Country: USA 

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: gaming

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): 

I don’t need any peripherals, I’ll be playing at 1080p 60hz, Idk exactly what I’m upgrading from, but it’s a pretty big pile of sh!t. I made a parts list but I haven’t put together a custom pc before so I don’t have alot of experience with this.

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/ZfcnBZ

Link to post
Share on other sites

I would recommend the 3300X instead of the 1600 AF, the 3300X has significantly better game performance. If the price is too high the 3100 is still better than the 1600 AF purely for gaming. And B550 is almost out so I'd wait for that to launch before ordering.

Link to post
Share on other sites

wait to buy till later in the year.


Good luck, Have fun, Build PC, and have a last gen console for use once a year. I should answer most of the time between 9 to 3 PST

NightHawk 2.0: R7 2700 @4.0ghz, B450m Steel Legends, H105, 4x8gb Gell EVO 3000, XFX RX 580 8GB, Corsair RM750X, 500 gb 850 evo, 500gb 850 pro and 5tb Toshiba x300

Skunkworks: R5 3500U, 16gb, 250 intel 750, 500gb Adata XPG 6000 lite, Vega 8. HP probook G455R G6

Condor (MC server): 6600K, z170m plus, 16gb corsair vengeance LPX, samsung 750 evo, EVGA BR 450.

Bearcat (F@H box) core 2 duo, 1x4gb EEC DDR2, 250gb WD blue, 9800GTX+, STRIX 660ti, supermicro PSU, dell T3400.

Compute server Rappter(remember to add link) HP DL380G6 2xE5520 24GB ram with 4x146gb 10k drives and 4x300gb 10K drives, running NOTHING can't get anything to work

WIP NAS Spirt Cisco Security Multiservices Platform server e5420 12gb ram, 1x6 1tb raid 6 for plex + Need funding 16+1 2tb raid 6 for mass storage.

PSU Tier List      Motherboard Tier List      How to get PC parts cheap    HP probook 445R G6 review

 

"Stupidity is like trying to find a limit of a constant. You are never truly smart in something, just less stupid."  @CircleTech

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
2 minutes ago, Darpyface said:

I would recommend the 3300X instead of the 1600 AF, the 3300X has significantly better game performance. If the price is too high the 3100 is still better than the 1600 AF purely for gaming. And B550 is almost out so I'd wait for that to launch before ordering.

I can probably switch to the 3300x then but a b550 motherboard will probably be more expensive than the one I chose.

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Thiccc said:

Budget (including currency): 900-1000 usd

Country: USA 

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: gaming

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): 

I don’t need any peripherals, I’ll be playing at 1080p 60hz, Idk exactly what I’m upgrading from, but it’s a pretty big pile of sh!t. I made a parts list but I haven’t put together a custom pc before so I don’t have alot of experience with this.

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/ZfcnBZ

And steal windows you moron. We don’t pay for that hehe! 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
Just now, Heynoweverybody said:

Also steal windows you moron. Never pay a dime for that, it’s literally free online and super easy to download onto a USB. 

Downloading a 110 dollar product for free is probably a virus

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Thiccc said:

Downloading a 110 dollar product for free is probably a virus

Literally everyone does it. Linus even does it haha. I’ve seen it done multiple times, not hard and completely safe/ virus free. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
1 minute ago, Heynoweverybody said:

 

I’ve seen this video before have you even watched it?

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Thiccc said:

I can probably switch to the 3300x then but a b550 motherboard will probably be more expensive than the one I chose.

So you could take a MAX motherboard like the MSI Tomahawk MAX. A lot of people recommend it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Thiccc said:

I’ve seen this video before have you even watched it?

Yup. And that’s why I’m saying you can pirate windows without viruses. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Heynoweverybody said:

Yup. And that’s why I’m saying you can pirate windows without viruses. 

Well you dont need to be so mean

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×