I am so confused. I need help.

I am going to build my first gaming pc preferably fo VR but it is ok if it doesn't work. I at least want to be able to run games such as Overwatch or Steam games. The problem is I don't know how to check if the parts I am planning on ordering are compatible or if they will even run VR games. I also don't know how to check what kind of power supply I would need. Also, if you have any recommendations for cheaper (but still great for VR gaming) parts please let me know.

So far I have:

- Ryzen 5 3600 processor

- MSI ProSeries AMD Ryzen 2ND and 3rd Gen AM4 M.2 USB 3 DDR4 D-Sub DVI HDMI Crossfire ATX Motherboard (B450-A Pro Max) (B450APROMAX)

- Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 DRAM 3200MHz C16 Desktop Memory Kit - Black

- MSI Gaming GeForce GTX 1650 128-Bit HDMI/DP 4GB GDRR5 HDCP Support DirectX 12 Dual Fan VR Ready OC Graphics Card (GTX 1650 Gaming X 4G)

- Seagate BarraCuda 2TB Internal Hard Drive HDD – 3.5 Inch SATA 6Gb/s 7200 RPM 256MB Cache 3.5-Inch – Frustration Free Packaging (ST2000DM008)

- darkFlash DLM21 MESH Micro ATX Mini ITX Tower MicroATX Computer Case with Door Opening Tempered Glass Side Panel & Mesh Front Panel

- No Power Supply (please let me know what is compatible)

Thank you for your time and help

You can use PCPartPicker to see if parts are compatible, including if a cooler height will be incompatible with a chassis. 

https://pcpartpicker.com

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

2 minutes ago, Electrifly said:

Alright I will check it out. Thanks

Your motherboard is incompatible with your chassis though. The chassis supports a max of microATX, but the motherboard is ATX, so it's too big.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

1 minute ago, Godlygamer23 said:

Your motherboard is incompatible with your chassis though. The chassis supports a max of microATX, but the motherboard is ATX, so it's too big.

What would you recommend then?

3 minutes ago, Electrifly said:

Alright I will check it out. Thanks

That needs some changes if you will build it. Try getting a AMD ryzen 3100 and a Nvidia GTX 1600 SUPER or EVGA RTX 2060 KO instead, since that will bring better performance in games. Also try getting a SSD in there, just 128gb will work, trust me (everybody that says it), it's worth it. otherwise the Build isn't too bad but could use some minor changes. the Above mentioned, though will bring the greatest change in performance. I beileve godlygamer is correct, so maybe try a PHANTEK p300a with a arctic p12 value pack (for fans).

I am NOT a professional and a lot of the time what I'm saying is based on limited knowledge and experience. I'm going to be incorrect at times. 

Motherboard Tier List                   How many watts do I need?
Best B550 Motherboards             Best Intel Z490 Motherboards

PC Troubleshooting                      You don't need a big PSU

PSU Tier List                                Common pc building mistakes 
PC BUILD Guide! (POV)              How to Overclock your CPU 

You can get a different case or a different motherboard

Which do you prefer?

Just now, PyroTheWise said:

You can get a different case or a different motherboard

Which do you prefer?

If the motherboard would affect gameplay then I would rather get a new motherboard, but if I just need a bigger case, I could do that

You can get quality ATX or micro-ATX motherboards that will do great.   It really depends on how much you want to spend and how big of a case you want.

ATX boards go in cases that are mid tower cases and generally provide more room for an easier build over a micro-ATX (in my opinion).   Micro-ATX cases are smaller and easier to put places.

It really depends on what you want.

Your best gains will be in the GPU arena, but you need to make sure as others have stated that the Mobo fits your case.  Also look at what air cooler you can fit for your CPU in the case.  A new case would be a less expensive change.  I have the same memory and I love it.  I have a Phanteks Enthoo Pro M TG case and it was very easy to work with routing cables.

I am still having a little trouble. I decided to downgrade the processor to a 2nd gen Ryzen so that I didn't need to to any BIOS updates to the motherboard but all of the GPU's that were suggested are not compatible. Does anyone know of any great GPUs that work with 2nd gen Ryzen or a specific brand i should look at?

14 hours ago, Brok3n But who cares? said:

That needs some changes if you will build it. Try getting a AMD ryzen 3100 and a Nvidia GTX 1600 SUPER or EVGA RTX 2060 KO instead, since that will bring better performance in games. Also try getting a SSD in there, just 128gb will work, trust me (everybody that says it), it's worth it. otherwise the Build isn't too bad but could use some minor changes. the Above mentioned, though will bring the greatest change in performance. I beileve godlygamer is correct, so maybe try a PHANTEK p300a with a arctic p12 value pack (for fans).

Do you mean 1650S or 1660S?

EDIT: Sorry, I was confused. Didn't realized it is written at The top

I am looking through the compatible parts and I dont see either of those. Should I get a different motherboard or a different processor? I don't know what to change to make one of the recommended GPUs to work

12 hours ago, youngboy said:

For the case, probably a phanteks p350x is a good idea if you have RGB or want to show off your system, but if not, get the corsair carbide 200r is a good case since it has great cooling. For the PSU, I think a 500 watt bronze power supply is enough unless you are overclocking. Get your PSU from EVGA or Corsair

I wouldn't just get a PSU from EVGA because some of their units are terrible.

12 hours ago, Electrifly said:

I am still having a little trouble. I decided to downgrade the processor to a 2nd gen Ryzen so that I didn't need to to any BIOS updates to the motherboard but all of the GPU's that were suggested are not compatible. Does anyone know of any great GPUs that work with 2nd gen Ryzen or a specific brand i should look at?

Can you link your build here? I'd like to see what you're trying to put together, specifically the incompatibility with the GPUs. Might be because the cards are too long. 

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/

I am still looking for a GPU. I want one that is cheap (maybe $200 and lower) but still effective for VR. I just put the cheapest one in my list. That probably isn't helpful.

3 minutes ago, Electrifly said:

I am still looking for a GPU. I want one that is cheap (maybe $200 and lower) but still effective for VR. I just put the cheapest one in my list. That probably isn't helpful.

What issues were you seeing exactly? I see one that is about BIOS updates and physical dimensions not being able to be determined. I've added a couple cards and I haven't found any issues. What graphics cards did you choose?

I wasn't sure if I needed a new motherboard for the Ryzen 5 3600 so that I dont need to do BIOS updates, and I just don't know how to find a good graphics card that would work for what I want it to do. Currently I just have the EVGA GeForce GTX 1650 4 GB SC ULTRA GAMING Video Card. I also am not sure about the power supply. The estimated wattage said about 244W and i don't know if I am supposed to find a power supply close to that or above or under.

9 minutes ago, Electrifly said:

You need to post the link from the share field and not from your url bar

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

5 minutes ago, Electrifly said:

Based on the link, I don't see any incompatibilities at all. The build looks good, though I would recommend throwing in an SSD if you can spare the money. 

Ok here is the edited list. I threw in the SSD instead of the Barracuda Compute, and the one thing I am most worried about is the quality of the graphics card. That was a cheap one and I am not sure if it lives up to the potential of the more expensive ones. I also got some additional fans for the case. Just to be clear, this build should work pretty well with VR gaming and I dont need any additional equipment right?

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/vnx3Gc

2 minutes ago, Electrifly said:

Ok here is the edited list. I threw in the SSD instead of the Barracuda Compute, and the one thing I am most worried about is the quality of the graphics card. That was a cheap one and I am not sure if it lives up to the potential of the more expensive ones. I also got some additional fans for the case. Just to be clear, this build should work pretty well with VR gaming and I dont need any additional equipment right?

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/vnx3Gc

When I suggested the SSD, I meant in conjunction with the hard drive. The SSD will be too small to really have any games installed. The graphics card should be fine for VR in terms of achieving it, but depending on the game, a higher end graphics card might be warranted.