X470 Gaming Plus Max

So I was looking at getting the B450 Gaming plus max but its currently out of stock what did pop up was the msi x470 gaming plus max which is only five pounds more expensive and has extra pcie 3.0 and extra usb 3 ports are there any ways the x470 might actually be worse and importantly is it worth the buy?

Personally, I owned the MSI x470 gaming plus and it was a great board for the yearish I used it. And when I replaced it, it was still running great, I just wanted to migrate to the x570 boards because I wanted PCIE 4 and some extra m.2 slots.

If it's only 5 pounds more expensive, then I'd say go for it. Really was a great board, and very stable. Plus it supports all 3 gens of ryzen ( so does your B450, but it's just a perk that the alternative does too).

3 minutes ago, oorty said:

Personally, I owned the MSI x470 gaming plus and it was a great board for the yearish I used it. And when I replaced it, it was still running great, I just wanted to migrate to the x570 boards because I wanted PCIE 4 and some extra m.2 slots.

If it's only 5 pounds more expensive, then I'd say go for it. Really was a great board, and very stable. Plus it supports all 3 gens of ryzen ( so does your B450, but it's just a perk that the alternative does too).

What ram did you use with it the QVL doesnt have any 3600mhz ram on it but I saw on reddit that the B450 board worked with the ram I have. Corsair Vengeance LPX 3600mhz.

Just now, TheRedBarron said:

What ram did you use with it the QVL doesnt have any 3600mhz ram on it but I saw on reddit that the B450 board worked with the ram I have. Corsair Vengeance LPX 3600mhz.

I used 3200 CL14 2x8 with that board and upgraded to 3600 CL16 2x16 with the x570 I just got. My mate was running that same board though and he did have 3600mhz ram because him and I used to get into discussions about the difference in performance between ours with me having tighter timings.

Unsure of what brand RAM he had, but mine was the T-Force Nighthawk. But I can ask him if you want to know exactly.

Also, there's another post on here I just searched up for the same board that does state it can support 3600mhz

1 minute ago, oorty said:

I used 3200 CL14 2x8 with that board and upgraded to 3600 CL16 2x16 with the x570 I just got. My mate was running that same board though and he did have 3600mhz ram because him and I used to get into discussions about the difference in performance between ours with me having tighter timings.

Unsure of what brand RAM he had, but mine was the T-Force Nighthawk. But I can ask him if you want to know exactly.

It would really help if it was the exact ram but IDK how likely that is cuz my ram is cl18 3600 so?

I text my mate and he did confirm he is currently running Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3600mhz CL18 / 16GB. He hasn't tried tightening the timing, so I'm not sure about wiggle room. But he says it does work great.

Also, there's another post on here I just searched up for the same board that does state it can support 3600mhz

Cheers man I know it works with the b450 variant so chances are it will work with the x470 plus worst case i need to return the ram would be a shame tho cuz im already in the process of return some I got that was actually cl20 so...

I text my mate and he did confirm he is currently running Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3600mhz CL18 / 16GB. He hasn't tried tightening the timing, so I'm not sure about wiggle room. But he says it does work great.

Grand I'll probably get that and then in a couple months when PSUs come back in stock I can actually get my system up and running!

Grand I'll probably get that and then in a couple months when PSUs come back in stock I can actually get my system up and running!

Yeah, returns suck. But you will be alright with it. My mate is running his great, and I googled around and others confirm the same. I wouldn't worry about it.

GL with the build. Sort of hard to do them right now with so many parts being out of stock. So it's just a waiting game.

Yeah, returns suck. But you will be alright with it. My mate is running his great, and I googled around and others confirm the same. I wouldn't worry about it.

GL with the build. Sort of hard to do them right now with so many parts being out of stock. So it's just a waiting game.

Ye if it works I'll try and remember to come back here and update this cuz this website has helped me insanely with my build. Thanks again.

Ye if it works I'll try and remember to come back here and update this cuz this website has helped me insanely with my build. Thanks again.

Sure thing. Best of luck!