Gigabyte Motherboard Status LED's

Go to solution Solved by SuperCloneRanger,

There is nothing to worry about, they are working correctly. The led lights flash as each item is tested during boot. if there is a problem the light will stay on.

from page 19 of your manual

18) CPU/DRAM/VGA/BOOT (Status LEDs) The status LEDs show whether the CPU, memory, graphics card, and operating system are working properly after system power-on. If the CPU/DRAM/VGA LED is on, that means the corresponding device is not working normally; if the BOOT LED is on, that means you haven't entered the operating system yet.

https://download.gigabyte.com/FileList/Manual/mb_manual_z390-ud_v2_e.pdf

So I built this computer in November of last year and slowly but surely got everything working and running after a day or two, this is only the second build I've ever done. I've had zero issues since building it; no crashes, no errors or incompatibilities, etc. Although I haven't noticed any problems one thing that persists is that every time I turn my computer on or off each of the CPU/DRAM/VGA/BOOT status LED's blink on the motherboard, they don't stay on but each one blinks on startup and shutdown. I'm just genuinely curious what is causing this to happen and what I can do, as far as I know all of my drivers are installed properly and nothing is out of place.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

My Setup:

Gigabyte Z390 UD Motherboard

MSI Gaming GeForce GTX 1660 Ti

Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 DRAM 3200MHz

Intel Core i7-9700 CPU @ 3.00GHz, 3000 Mhz, 8 Core

There is nothing to worry about, they are working correctly. The led lights flash as each item is tested during boot. if there is a problem the light will stay on.

18) CPU/DRAM/VGA/BOOT (Status LEDs) The status LEDs show whether the CPU, memory, graphics card, and operating system are working properly after system power-on. If the CPU/DRAM/VGA LED is on, that means the corresponding device is not working normally; if the BOOT LED is on, that means you haven't entered the operating system yet.

1 hour ago, SuperCloneRanger said:

Thank you so much!

I thought as much seeing as they don't stay on.

Thank you again, I really appreciate it.