Spontaneous gaming rig made from best buy

On a whim I built this via curbside pickup parts from best buy during the quarantine to replace my aging overclocked 4670k with an modern overclocked ryzen 3700k  let me know what you think and I'd be interested in suggestions for tweaks or links to similar systems.  I also run an overclocked gtx1080,  I mean do I really need raytracing? Asking for a friend. Everything is air cooled with and with stock cpu cooler.  Although I am thinking about getting a new cpu cooler...  which one? And also how would I go about liquid cooling the gtx?

20200606_142813.jpg

20200606_142113.jpg

20200606_142801.jpg

1591471973742466938314124191427.jpg

Welcome to the forum!

I would get a new cooler.

How much did you spend on this?

Nice build!

please quote me or tag me @wall03 so i can see your response

motherboard buying guide      psu buying guide      pc building guide     privacy guide

ltt meme thread

folding at home stats

pc:

RAM: 16GB DDR4-3200 CL-16

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 @ 3.6GHz

SSD: 256GB SP

GPU: Radeon RX 570 8GB OC

Cinebench R23 score: 9097 (multi) 1236 (single)

don't some things look better when they are lowercase?

-wall03

hello dark mode users

goodbye light mode users

A couple of things 

A 1080 does the job 

No you won't need to water cool it 

Why do you only have a single stick?

The extra bandwidth will hugely benifit the 3700x and it will reduce latency as multiple ccxs have alot of latency compared to Intel at least

PC: Motherboard: ASUS B550M TUF-Plus, CPU: Ryzen 3 3100, CPU Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34, GPU: GIGABYTE WindForce GTX1650S, RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 2x8GB 3200 CL16, Case, CoolerMaster MB311L ARGB, Boot Drive: 250GB MX500, Game Drive: WD Blue 1TB 7200RPM HDD.

Peripherals: GK61 (Optical Gateron Red) with Mistel White/Orange keycaps, Logitech G102 (Purple), BitWit Ensemble Grey Deskpad. 

Audio: Logitech G432, Moondrop Starfield, Mic: Razer Siren Mini (White).

Phone: Pixel 3a (Purple-ish).

Build Log: 

A co-worker just bought a pre-built AMD rig. He asked of my opinion and honestly, it was a steal for the price. The MB looked to be a custom OEM version of a ASRock. Looked well built with good specs.

He purchased it and a few days later, the price rose nearly another 200+ bucks.

Nothing wrong with pre-built so long as you got a good deal on it. 

To clarify, the parts were from bestbuy, it wasnt prebuilt, I sat in the parking lot and shopped online looking at what they had in stock, it was a tough decision between intel and AMD because when I went from a phenom 2 to a Haswell years ago the performance was so different. I was crossing my fingers ryzen wouldn't turn out to be another phenom disappointment and it's working out nicely

With tax, $746. But it turned out old corsair power supply didnt have the extra motherboard power connector so had to spend a bit more for a better PS.

Screenshot_20200606-182557_Gmail.jpg

I have the same CPU. My GPU is a MSI RTX 2070 Super. I also have a GTX 1070 Ti I keep as a backup in case I have to RMA my card or it dies out of warranty. If the 1070 Ti fails then my old R9 390 is the backup till I get a new one. 

I have 32GB of DDR4 at 3200Mhz. 

You have a good PC there. I was thinking of putting my 1070 Ti in just to see how it runs with my new CPU. 

• 2 weeks later...