Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Lotinsh

Been getting BSODs since I bult my pc, might have found problem but don't know the sulotion.

Recommended Posts

Posted · Original PosterOP

So I have been getting lots of different BSODs, mainly ntoskrnl.exe, (I use a programm WhoCrahsed to help me find problems/solutions) recently i got an BSOD hardware.sys, before this BSOD it could not tell what the problem was and how to fix it, but now it is showing that I should update driver hardware.sys, have no clue how to update it and I have no idea where I could find it online. For more context my system has Ryzen 3 3200g, 2x 8gb ddr4 2666mhz ram, an a Kingstons 480GB ssd, 1TB hdd, rx 590 graphics card, and asrock ab350m pro4 r2.0 motherboard, hope this information helps. 

 

EDIT: I have tried reinstalling windows 10 3-4 times, at first i thought it was hdd's fault, but now I have no clue what to do, maybe I should try to reinstall it again? Please somebody help.

 

EDIT2: Added more information, in case this helps.


System Information (local)



Computer name: PJSPC
Windows version: Windows 10 , 10.0, build: 18363
Windows dir: C:\Windows
Hardware: ASRock, AB350M Pro4 R2.0
CPU: AuthenticAMD AMD Ryzen 3 3200G with Radeon Vega Graphics AMD8664, level: 23
4 logical processors, active mask: 15
RAM: 17105219584 bytes (15,9GB)

 


Crash Dump Analysis



Crash dumps are enabled on your computer.

Crash dump directories:
C:\Windows
C:\Windows\Minidump

On Sat 06.06.2020 18:50:03 your computer crashed or a problem was reported
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\060620-11437-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: hardware.sys (hardware)
Bugcheck code: 0x1000007E (0xFFFFFFFFC0000005, 0xFFFFF8074937B9C7, 0xFFFFC4805653FE88, 0xFFFFC4805653F6D0)
Error: SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED_M
Bug check description: This indicates that a system thread generated an exception which the error handler did not catch.
This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.
A third party driver was identified as the probable root cause of this system error. It is suggested you look for an update for the following driver: hardware.sys .
Google query: hardware.sys SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED

 


Conclusion



6 crash dumps have been found and analyzed. A third party driver has been identified to be causing system crashes on your computer. It is strongly suggested that you check for updates for these drivers on their company websites. Click on the links below to search with Google for updates for these drivers:

hardware.sys

If no updates for these drivers are available, try searching with Google on the names of these drivers in combination with the errors that have been reported for these drivers. Include the brand and model name of your computer as well in the query. This often yields interesting results from discussions on the web by users who have been experiencing similar problems.


Read the topic general suggestions for troubleshooting system crashes for more information.

Note that it's not always possible to state with certainty whether a reported driver is responsible for crashing your system or that the root cause is in another module. Nonetheless it's suggested you look for updates for the products that these drivers belong to and regularly visit Windows update or enable automatic updates for Windows. In case a piece of malfunctioning hardware is causing trouble, a search with Google on the bug check errors together with the model name and brand of your computer may help you investigate this further.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Fix your text else nobody will read. It's busted on dark theme

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited) · Original PosterOP
5 minutes ago, 5x5 said:

Fix your text else nobody will read. It's busted on dark theme

Hope this is better now, I am new to this website, sorry.

Never mind it's now whte on white theme, I am terrible.

Ok, fixed it.

Edited by Lotinsh
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Lotinsh said:

Hope this is better now, I am new to this website, sorry.

Your crash tracking application is part of the problem. Start from the beginning.

 

Update your BIOS to the latest non beta one. Then, update your chipset drivers and GPU drivers with DDU. Then, run any Windows updates and install them. Finally, remove any custom anti virus software or broken applications that track OS sensors.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
1 hour ago, 5x5 said:

Your crash tracking application is part of the problem. Start from the beginning.

 

Update your BIOS to the latest non beta one. Then, update your chipset drivers and GPU drivers with DDU. Then, run any Windows updates and install them. Finally, remove any custom anti virus software or broken applications that track OS sensors.

I might have messed up something, basically I booted in safe mode, it was asking for a password of microsoft account, I typed it, it was wrong for some reason, so I reseted the password, still didn't work, I found out this has happened to other people, found this tool which you put on a usb and boot trough that, after setting it as booting priority my pc won't boot/gives no signal at all, no monitor output, nothing, fans are spinning, this has happened many times to me, ussually I was able to fix that, but this time nothing I tried helped, I tried unplugging usb, replugging all my cables in pc, unplugging ssd and hdd, nothng... Seems like it is motherboard's fault, but im not sure.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Lotinsh said:

I might have messed up something, basically I booted in safe mode, it was asking for a password of microsoft account, I typed it, it was wrong for some reason, so I reseted the password, still didn't work, I found out this has happened to other people, found this tool which you put on a usb and boot trough that, after setting it as booting priority my pc won't boot/gives no signal at all, no monitor output, nothing, fans are spinning, this has happened many times to me, ussually I was able to fix that, but this time nothing I tried helped, I tried unplugging usb, replugging all my cables in pc, unplugging ssd and hdd, nothng... Seems like it is motherboard's fault, but im not sure.

 

What tool? That should not be happening. Why are you in safe mode? The BIOS is updated through the BIOS utility inside the BIOS, no in Windows. Updating in Windows can cause a lot of problems.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited) · Original PosterOP
12 minutes ago, 5x5 said:

What tool? That should not be happening. Why are you in safe mode? The BIOS is updated through the BIOS utility inside the BIOS, no in Windows. Updating in Windows can cause a lot of problems.

I was trying to update drivers with DDU, it said that it's recomended to boot in safe mode, I set safe mode trough msconfig, after that I couldn't get in my pc. The tool I downloaded was listed on microsoft's website, "renee passnow". Though this has happened to me many times, once I couldn't get in my pc for 2 days, even though I did nothing to it. BTW I recently have updated BIOS, like a month ago, right now it's on the latest, thought it might help with BSOD, but it did pretty much nothing.

 

EDIT: By doing nothing and just turning it off again, for some reason it did boot, I don't know why it works with just letting it be fully off (with psu turned off) for some time.

Edited by Lotinsh
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Lotinsh said:

I was trying to update drivers with DDU, it said that it's recomended to boot in safe mode, I set safe mode trough msconfig, after that I couldn't get in my pc. The tool I downloaded was listed on microsoft's website, "renee passnow". Though this has happened to me many times, once I couldn't get in my pc for 2 days, even though I did nothing to it. BTW I recently have updated BIOS, like a month ago, right now it's on the latest, thought it might help with BSOD, but it did pretty much nothing.

 

Install a fresh copy of Windows 10, latest chipset drivers and latest GPU drivers. Then, avoid sketchy software. If it still persists, run memtest86+ and check the SMART chart of the drives. If that still yields no results, RMA the board.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
1 minute ago, 5x5 said:

Install a fresh copy of Windows 10, latest chipset drivers and latest GPU drivers. Then, avoid sketchy software. If it still persists, run memtest86+ and check the SMART chart of the drives. If that still yields no results, RMA the board.

Alright, going to try that, I have ran memtest, for a while, it doesn't seem to be ram's fault, as I have tried removing both ram sticks and running with just one. Hope this time installing fresh windows will help, as I have tried to d it 3-4 times.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Lotinsh said:

Alright, going to try that, I have ran memtest, for a while, it doesn't seem to be ram's fault, as I have tried removing both ram sticks and running with just one. Hope this time installing fresh windows will help, as I have tried to d it 3-4 times.

Use the official MS tool to set up the USB and avoid installing anything shady.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP

Hi, I know, I am a little bit late, but I have found the problem, seems like my motherboard's 3 ram slots aren't working, I have 2 ram sticks, both work in only one slot, but when I try to boot with any of them in a different slot, pc just doesn't boot. At first I thought that cpu might be the problem, I checked the pins, they are all good. I was wondering, is there any way to find out if the motherboard is damaged or cpu damagad? Sorry for really late response.

 

EDIT: To clarify using only one slot has fixed all blue screens.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Newegg

×