Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Ieatleanwithketchup

Loud PSU + Weird Smell coming from the PC

Posted · Original PosterOP

Hello dear reader,

I have a little „problem“. My PSU is loud, it’s actually the loudest component inside my pc and it’s kinda annoying. Its a buzzing sound. My PSU is a BeQuiet Powerzone 650w. I bought it three years ago on Amazon. So I just wanted to know if there are some people who know a solution, because I don’t really want to experiment and risk breaking my PSU.

And another less annoying problem is that my pc sometimes has a weird smell, like a burned smell. I don’t really know what it is so I thought I might ask that too.😅

Well yeah I would really appreciate some help and yeah, be safe.✌️

1 minute ago, Ieatleanwithketchup said:

Hello dear reader,

I have a little „problem“. My PSU is loud, it’s actually the loudest component inside my pc and it’s kinda annoying. Its a buzzing sound. My PSU is a BeQuiet Powerzone 650w. I bought it three years ago on Amazon. So I just wanted to know if there are some people who know a solution, because I don’t really want to experiment and risk breaking my PSU.

And another less annoying problem is that my pc sometimes has a weird smell, like a burned smell. I don’t really know what it is so I thought I might ask that too.😅

New good quality  psu

Power supply making loud noise and smelling like burning? Sounds like a house fire just waiting to be started.

Get a new decent power supply. Corsair TXM or Be Quiet Straight Power Gold

Posted (edited) · Original PosterOP
22 minutes ago, 5x5 said:

Power supply making loud noise and smelling like burning? Sounds like a house fire just waiting to be started.

Well I have a good quality PSU: BeQuiet Power Zone 650W,

Edit:

and I had this "problem" since I got it from Amazon

Edited by Ieatleanwithketchup
21 minutes ago, 5x5 said:

Well I have a good quality PSU: BeQuiet Power Zone 650W

8 minutes ago, Ieatleanwithketchup said:

Edit:

So your saying you had this problem since the past 3 years... Let me tell you straight, I'm no engineer but I feel that when somethings burning for the past 3 years, things could go wrong really quickly. Get a new power supply.

????1... ???? ??? ?????? ???? ????????? ??? ????? ????? ??? ????? ????? ????? ???????? ?? '???, ????, ?????'. ???? ???? ????? ???? ?????????, ?? ??? ???? ????????.

21 minutes ago, Ieatleanwithketchup said:

Edit:

So why bother posting at all? If you won't replace the defective and potentially dangerous part.

Get rid of it. 5 year warranty, they should honour a refund or at least a replacement, you're just been lazy.

ALIENWARE 13R3

i7-7700HQ | GTX 1060 | 16GB DDR4 | 512GB NVMe SSD | 1440p OLED display | Logitech MX Master KZ ZSA

58 minutes ago, Ieatleanwithketchup said:

Hello dear reader,

There isn't anything anyone on here can suggest that would fix a faulty psu. If the part is faulty then its faulty any "fixes" are never guaranteed and on a psu they are outright dangerous to attempt in most cases.

18 minutes ago, name1 said:

So your saying you had this problem since the past 3 years... Let me tell you straight, I'm no engineer but I feel that when somethings burning for the past 3 years, things could go wrong really quickly. Get a new power supply.

Yeah that seems pretty reasonable 😅

5 minutes ago, 5x5 said:

So why bother posting at all? If you won't replace the defective and potentially dangerous part.

I just wanted to know if there was somebody who would know a different solution than buying a new one and I wanted to point out, that it was a "quality" one 

1 minute ago, Aereldor said:

Get rid of it. 5 year warranty, they should honour a refund or at least a replacement, you're just been lazy.

Tbh I thought the loid noise and the weird smell would come from other "cheap" parts of my PC and not my PSU, because I thought it was pretty good PSU... seems like I was wrong...

Just now, Ieatleanwithketchup said:

Tbh I thought the loid noise and the weird smell would come from other "cheap" parts of my PC and not my PSU, because I thought it was pretty good PSU... seems like I was wrong...

How hard can it be, get in your case and smell for the culprit.

ALIENWARE 13R3

i7-7700HQ | GTX 1060 | 16GB DDR4 | 512GB NVMe SSD | 1440p OLED display | Logitech MX Master KZ ZSA

3 minutes ago, Ohsnaps said:

There isn't anything anyone on here can suggest that would fix a faulty psu. If the part is faulty then its faulty any "fixes" are never guaranteed and on a psu they are outright dangerous to attempt in most cases.

🤔Thats true

1 minute ago, Aereldor said:

How hard can it be, get in your case and smell for the culprit.

Well its not that PC smells like a fire but sometimes there was a weird smell when I got near it and like I said it was a burned plastic smell

32 minutes ago, Ieatleanwithketchup said:

I just wanted to know if there was somebody who would know a different solution than buying a new one and I wanted to point out, that it was a "quality" one 

I know a different solution, take it apart and replace the buzzing, loud and burning parts. Be warned that the psu could kill you, good luck.

xQ5TUmi.jpg

54 minutes ago, Ralf said:

I know a different solution, take it apart and replace the buzzing, loud and burning parts. Be warned that the psu could kill you, good luck.

xQ5TUmi.jpg

oh well😂 I think I will look if I can get a replacement or something else. I still have warranty 🤔