Loud PSU + Weird Smell coming from the PC

Hello dear reader,

I have a little „problem“. My PSU is loud, it’s actually the loudest component inside my pc and it’s kinda annoying. Its a buzzing sound. My PSU is a BeQuiet Powerzone 650w. I bought it three years ago on Amazon. So I just wanted to know if there are some people who know a solution, because I don’t really want to experiment and risk breaking my PSU.

And another less annoying problem is that my pc sometimes has a weird smell, like a burned smell. I don’t really know what it is so I thought I might ask that too.😅

Well yeah I would really appreciate some help and yeah, be safe.✌️

1 minute ago, Ieatleanwithketchup said:

Hello dear reader,

I have a little „problem“. My PSU is loud, it’s actually the loudest component inside my pc and it’s kinda annoying. Its a buzzing sound. My PSU is a BeQuiet Powerzone 650w. I bought it three years ago on Amazon. So I just wanted to know if there are some people who know a solution, because I don’t really want to experiment and risk breaking my PSU.

And another less annoying problem is that my pc sometimes has a weird smell, like a burned smell. I don’t really know what it is so I thought I might ask that too.😅

New good quality  psu

Hi

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

hi

Power supply making loud noise and smelling like burning? Sounds like a house fire just waiting to be started.

Get a new decent power supply. Corsair TXM or Be Quiet Straight Power Gold

22 minutes ago, 5x5 said:

Power supply making loud noise and smelling like burning? Sounds like a house fire just waiting to be started.

Well I have a good quality PSU: BeQuiet Power Zone 650W,

Edit:

and I had this "problem" since I got it from Amazon

Edited by Ieatleanwithketchup

21 minutes ago, 5x5 said:

Well I have a good quality PSU: BeQuiet Power Zone 650W

8 minutes ago, Ieatleanwithketchup said:

Edit:

So your saying you had this problem since the past 3 years... Let me tell you straight, I'm no engineer but I feel that when somethings burning for the past 3 years, things could go wrong really quickly. Get a new power supply.

????1... ???? ??? ?????? ???? ????????? ??? ????? ????? ??? ????? ????? ????? ???????? ?? '???, ????, ?????'. ???? ???? ????? ???? ?????????, ?? ??? ???? ????????.

21 minutes ago, Ieatleanwithketchup said:

Edit:

So why bother posting at all? If you won't replace the defective and potentially dangerous part.

Get rid of it. 5 year warranty, they should honour a refund or at least a replacement, you're just been lazy.

58 minutes ago, Ieatleanwithketchup said:

Hello dear reader,

There isn't anything anyone on here can suggest that would fix a faulty psu. If the part is faulty then its faulty any "fixes" are never guaranteed and on a psu they are outright dangerous to attempt in most cases.

18 minutes ago, name1 said:

So your saying you had this problem since the past 3 years... Let me tell you straight, I'm no engineer but I feel that when somethings burning for the past 3 years, things could go wrong really quickly. Get a new power supply.

Yeah that seems pretty reasonable 😅

5 minutes ago, 5x5 said:

So why bother posting at all? If you won't replace the defective and potentially dangerous part.

I just wanted to know if there was somebody who would know a different solution than buying a new one and I wanted to point out, that it was a "quality" one 

1 minute ago, Aereldor said:

Get rid of it. 5 year warranty, they should honour a refund or at least a replacement, you're just been lazy.

Tbh I thought the loid noise and the weird smell would come from other "cheap" parts of my PC and not my PSU, because I thought it was pretty good PSU... seems like I was wrong...

Just now, Ieatleanwithketchup said:

Tbh I thought the loid noise and the weird smell would come from other "cheap" parts of my PC and not my PSU, because I thought it was pretty good PSU... seems like I was wrong...

How hard can it be, get in your case and smell for the culprit.

3 minutes ago, Ohsnaps said:

There isn't anything anyone on here can suggest that would fix a faulty psu. If the part is faulty then its faulty any "fixes" are never guaranteed and on a psu they are outright dangerous to attempt in most cases.

🤔Thats true

1 minute ago, Aereldor said:

How hard can it be, get in your case and smell for the culprit.

Well its not that PC smells like a fire but sometimes there was a weird smell when I got near it and like I said it was a burned plastic smell

32 minutes ago, Ieatleanwithketchup said:

I just wanted to know if there was somebody who would know a different solution than buying a new one and I wanted to point out, that it was a "quality" one 

I know a different solution, take it apart and replace the buzzing, loud and burning parts. Be warned that the psu could kill you, good luck.

xQ5TUmi.jpg

Interim 15 T200 OKF("F" intel processors are specifically archituctured for gaming) maybe upgrad to 13'900 | Peeralight cpu fan | Stryx Z690-A Wife(which is branded by ASUS and it's ROG label) | Thermotake 16x 8x2GO SODINM 2400mjz cl22 (2 of them with the mood lighting) | 980 EVO 1TB m.2 ssd card + Kensington 2TB SATA nvme + WD BLACK PRO ULTRA MAX 4TB GAMING DESTROYER HHD | Echa etc 3060 duel fan dissipator 12 GBi and Azrock with the radian 550 XT Tiachi | NEXT H510 Vit Klar Svart | Seasonice 600watts voeding(rated for 100.000 hours, running since 2010, ballpark estimate 8 hours a day which should make it good for 34 years) | Nocturna case fans | 0LED Duel moniter

New build in progress: Ryen™ 8 7700x3D with a copper pipe fan | Z60e-A | Kingstron RENEGATE 16x2 Go hyenix | Phantek 2 the thar mesh in front | lead lex black label psu + AsiaHorse białe/białe | 1080 Pro 8TB 15800MB/S NvMe(for gaming this increase fps and charging time, cooled by a M.2 slot with coolblock and additional thermopad) and faster 4000GB HHD | MAI GeForce GTX 2070 Ti

54 minutes ago, Ralf said:

I know a different solution, take it apart and replace the buzzing, loud and burning parts. Be warned that the psu could kill you, good luck.

xQ5TUmi.jpg

oh well😂 I think I will look if I can get a replacement or something else. I still have warranty 🤔