Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
porina

RTX 3080 image (maybe?)

Do you like the looks of the cooler?  

251 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like the looks of the cooler?

• Love it
    • Like it
    • It's ok
    • Dislike it
    • Hate it

Meh, we should stop caring how it looks. I mean it doesn't even matter if you are going to water cool it or chuck it in a case. As long as the cooler is Better in terms of efficiency at cooling. That is good enough. Besides there will be many other variants besides reference 

49 minutes ago, rawrdaysgoby said:

Meh, we should stop caring how it looks. I mean it doesn't even matter if you are going to water cool it or chuck it in a case. As long as the cooler is Better in terms of efficiency at cooling. That is good enough. Besides there will be many other variants besides reference 

Well most people will probably go with the non Founder Edition in any case.

A rendering posted by "Thanos" on VCz:

Spoiler

How to free up space on your SSD                              

Spoiler

Kymatica Revision 3.5

CPU: Intel Core i7-2600k @ 4.3GHz Motherboard: ASRock Z68 Extreme4 Gen3 GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1660 Ti ~ TU116-400-A1 ~ (OC 6G 2x Windforce) Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 16GB @ 2133MHz @ 9-10-11-28 SSD: Crucial M500 240GB (OS/Programs) HDD1: WD 1TB Blue (Games/Storage/Media) HDD2: Seagate Barracuda 7.2K 500GB (Backup) HDD3: WD Caviar 7.2K 400GB (Backup) HDD4: WD Elements 4TB External WDBWLG0040HBK-NESN (Backup/Additional Storage)  CPU Cooling: Corsair Hydro Series H100 in Pull (w/ 2x Delta FFB1212EH 120mm) Case Fans: Noctua NF F12 industrialPPC-2000 (x3 120mm) PSU: Seasonic X-Series X-1050 1050W Case: Cooler Master HAF 922 Monitor: Samsung C27F396 Curved 27-Inch Freesync Monitor Keyboard: Cooler Master Storm Trigger-Z (Cherry MX Brown Switches) Mouse: Roccat Kone XTD / Logitech MX518 Mousepad: Corsair MM350 Premium Audio: Logitech X 2.1 Speaker System Headset: Corsair VOID Stereo Gaming Headset (w/ Sennheiser 3D G4ME 7.1 Surround Amplifier) OS: Windows 10 Pro (Version 1909)

3 hours ago, Vishera said:

The orange lines are not related to the fan on the right,they are related to the fan next to the IO bracket.

I know, and that fan has a plastic shroud around the blades too.

3 hours ago, Bombastinator said:

The problem is the whole cooler isn’t actually visible:  those two manilla tags cover the entire center section.  There could be all sorts of things behind them.  It’s also hard to tell what is solid and what is grillwork, and what is functional and what is facia.  If the entire thing is totally functional and all parts of the device that look like they are fins actually are it’s too expensive. There would be tons of handwork involved and these kinds of companies just don’t do that stuff.  They like assembly line production.  It also implies the card is hot hot hot which disagrees with earlier claims, so two reasons to doubt

Depends on the production technique, NVIDIA could have found a way to make the whole thing functional at a low cost.

But your right we need more data.

1 hour ago, BiG StroOnZ said:

Where are the fins though? 🙃

A PC Enthusiast since 2011
AMD Ryzen 5 2600@4GHz | GIGABYTE GTX 1660 GAMING OC @ Core 2040MHz Memory 5000MHz
Cinebench R15: 1382cb | Unigine Superposition 1080p Extreme: 3439
1 hour ago, BiG StroOnZ said:

I did visualize it like this in my head without the render and it looks weird. Not only both fans blow into the card based on curvatures of the fan blades, they also have a closed outer ring around the fan blades. With the depth of the fan, having closed sides of the fan blades it's not a lot of room to push air to the side. Seems legit, but it's still a VERY weird design, mostly from engineering perspective because I can't see what problems is such design actually solving.

3 minutes ago, Vishera said:

Where are the fins though? 🙃

He must have forgot them in Finland... 🙃

Alright, I'll see myself out. 

Spoiler

Spoiler

Kymatica Revision 3.5

CPU: Intel Core i7-2600k @ 4.3GHz Motherboard: ASRock Z68 Extreme4 Gen3 GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1660 Ti ~ TU116-400-A1 ~ (OC 6G 2x Windforce) Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 16GB @ 2133MHz @ 9-10-11-28 SSD: Crucial M500 240GB (OS/Programs) HDD1: WD 1TB Blue (Games/Storage/Media) HDD2: Seagate Barracuda 7.2K 500GB (Backup) HDD3: WD Caviar 7.2K 400GB (Backup) HDD4: WD Elements 4TB External WDBWLG0040HBK-NESN (Backup/Additional Storage)  CPU Cooling: Corsair Hydro Series H100 in Pull (w/ 2x Delta FFB1212EH 120mm) Case Fans: Noctua NF F12 industrialPPC-2000 (x3 120mm) PSU: Seasonic X-Series X-1050 1050W Case: Cooler Master HAF 922 Monitor: Samsung C27F396 Curved 27-Inch Freesync Monitor Keyboard: Cooler Master Storm Trigger-Z (Cherry MX Brown Switches) Mouse: Roccat Kone XTD / Logitech MX518 Mousepad: Corsair MM350 Premium Audio: Logitech X 2.1 Speaker System Headset: Corsair VOID Stereo Gaming Headset (w/ Sennheiser 3D G4ME 7.1 Surround Amplifier) OS: Windows 10 Pro (Version 1909)

8 minutes ago, RejZoR said:

I did visualize it like this in my head without the render and it looks weird.

Yeah, I did the same. Found myself playing with it in Photoshop for a bit, until it looked right, and still seemed a bit weird. Once I found the render though, my original visualization conception seemed reinforced. 

Spoiler

Spoiler

Kymatica Revision 3.5

5 minutes ago, RejZoR said:

mostly from engineering perspective because I can't see what problems is such design actually solving.

Instead of blowing hot air unto the card and then exhausting it,the fan at the right side will blow cool air unto the heatpipes and fins,and immediately exhaust the hot air without blowing it unto the board,increasing the efficiency of the cooler.

AMD Ryzen 5 2600@4GHz | GIGABYTE GTX 1660 GAMING OC @ Core 2040MHz Memory 5000MHz
2 hours ago, Vishera said:

Instead of blowing hot air unto the card and then exhausting it,the fan at the right side will blow cool air unto the heatpipes and fins,and immediately exhaust the hot air without blowing it unto the board,increasing the efficiency of the cooler.

Yeah but the only way for it to do that is to blow the air onto the board first and i imagine that would create all kinds of static pressure issues.

Posted · Original PosterOP
7 hours ago, CarlBar said:

I was commenting on the drawn airflow on the image. It had airflow going out sideways from the fan with orange and yellow lines, but thanks to the shroud aroud the blades it can't do that, it can only exit out the bottom of the fan.

One thing I hadn't noticed up to now is that the surround is attached to the fins, as opposed to a fixed frame like in most case fans. Still, from the image I estimate the thickness of the fan is around 1 slot worth, so you still have up to a slot worth of depth for the air to escape to the sides under the fan. Now that wouldn't leave much depth for a heatsink immediately under the fan, so that might be dedicated to lower power components that are not so high in heat production. 

Main system: Asus Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700k stock, Noctua D14, G.Skill Ripjaws V 3200 2x8GB, Gigabyte GTX 1650, Corsair HX750i, In Win 303 NVIDIA, Samsung SM951 512GB, WD Blue 1TB, HP LP2475W 1200p wide gamut

Gaming system: Asrock Z370 Pro4, i7-8086k stock, Noctua D15, Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3200 4x16GB, Asus Strix 1080Ti, Fractal Edison 550W PSU, GameMax Silent, Optane 900p 280GB, Crucial MX200 1TB, Sandisk 960GB, Acer Predator XB241YU 1440p 144Hz G-sync

Gaming system 2: Asus X299 TUF mark 2, 7920X, Noctua D15, Corsair Vengeance RGB 8x8GB, Gigabyte RTX 2070, Corsair HX1000i, Gamemax Abyss, Samsung 960 Evo 512GB, LG OLED55B9PLA

VR system: Asus Z170I Pro Gaming, i7-6700T stock, Scythe Kozuti, Kingston Hyper-X 2666 2x8GB, Zotac 1070 FE, Corsair CX450M, Silverstone SG13, Samsung PM951 256GB, Crucial BX500 1TB, HTC Vive

Gaming laptop: Asus FX503VD, i5-7300HQ, 2x8GB DDR4, GTX 1050, Sandisk 256GB + 480GB SSD

7 hours ago, rawrdaysgoby said:

We care because its a very unique and interesting cooling solution for a graphics card.

We don't know yet how well it will perform but its definitely something that's worth talking about.

It reminds me of the Sapphire Fury Tri-X card a little bit but they put one fan on the opposite side and closed it off with a different zone for cooling from the PCB side.

spacer.png

And this was 3-fan card btw... so how much shorter is the PCB on the rumored pictures compared to Fury X?

4 hours ago, Vishera said:

You mean, like all the blower cards? Also I have a problem with fan design. They have directional blades with closed sides (like those eLoop fans). These are meant to create a column of air exiting the fan. And hitting PCB in this case. One would think regular open blades fan would be there to push air to the side after it enters the shroud.

I dont understand why they had to put the second fan on the back of the card, it would look 10x better If both fans were on the front like a traditional card. The fan would still be blowing air through the same part of the heatsink, so why did they put it on the back? (I'm not an aerodynamics expert so please enlighten me)

Also the card will be facing down for most builds, so why would they want to push hot exhaust down?

Main Desktop - CPU: Ryzen 5 2600x  | GPU: GeForce GTX 1070 Founders Edition | RAM: G.SKILL TridentZ RGB 16GB (2 x 8GB) 3200MHz | Motherboard: Gigabyte B450 Aorus M | PSU: EVGA 650 B3 | STORAGE: Boot drive: Crucial MX500 1TB, Secondary drive: WD Blue 1TB hdd | CASE: Phanteks Eclipse P350x | OS: Windows 10 Pro | Keyboard: Redragon K556 | Monitors: Main: ASUS VP249QGR 144Hz, Secondary: Dell E2014h 1600x900

Laptop: Motile M141 - CPU: Ryzen 3 3200U | GPU: Vega 3 igpu | RAM: 8gb DDR4 2400MHz | STORAGE: 120GB SATA M.2 | OS: Windows 10 Home

So fans on both sides of the card, but at opposite side of the ends. It's going to be interesting to see how the air flow is. Front fan blows air into the case, Rear fan blows air out?

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

8 hours ago, CarlBar said:

Yeah but the only way for it to do that is to blow the air onto the board first and i imagine that would create all kinds of static pressure issues.

The fan on the right side has no PCB under it.

6 hours ago, VegetableStu said:
6 hours ago, WereCat said:

spacer.png

please, AIB partners, please more cards like this (serious)

The problem with that design is that with this fin design the air will blow unto the motherboard and the side panel,

Which is not ideal due to the hot air blowing unto the motherboard,heating the area of the motherboard and heat getting trapped between the motherboard and the card...

Just now, NumLock21 said:

Front fan blows air into the case, Rear ran blow air out?

Correct.

2 minutes ago, Vishera said:

The problem with that design is that with this fin design the air will blow unto the motherboard and the side panel,

Which is not ideal due to the hot air blowing unto the motherboard,heating the area of the motherboard and heat getting trapped between the motherboard and the card...

The air is definitely not "cool" but its a common misconception to assume that the warm air will heat up other components. 

Most often than not, the "hot" air is still cooler than the components on the board so it will still cool them. 

5 minutes ago, Vishera said:

sounds like a case airflow problem ._.

The fan on the right side has no PCB under it.

I agree that the picture of the prototype 3080 might be better than this because it pushes some of the air out the back of the case through the rear I/o slot and then reverses the fan on the other half to push the hot air down rather than up.  There’s so much that could be deceiving about those pic though it’s hard to tell for sure.  I’m not convinced this is even an inferior design.  Testing and actual eyes on the device would be what matters. 

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

Just now, WereCat said:

The air is definitely not "cool" but its a common misconception to assume that the warm air will heat up other components. 

Most often than not, the "hot" air is still cooler than the components on the board so it will still cool them. 

I never said that the SAPPHIRE design heats components on the motherboard,i said that it caused heat to get trapped between the motherboard and the card.

1 minute ago, Vishera said:

Correct.

That's just dumb,

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

I never said that the SAPPHIRE design heats components on the motherboard,i said that it caused heat to get trapped between the motherboard and the card.

assuming normal service (no right angle card nonsense)

assuming the design is like the sapphire card

assuming a tower-style CPU cooler

how the heck does hot air get recirculated there? you'll need the case itself to be closed-in for that to be a problem