Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Optimusgrime

Can you run a cpu block or mono block on a upside down motherboard ?

Posted · Original PosterOP

hi all im looking to watercool a system that has a rear mounted mobo upside down and just wondered if i could run a cpu waterblock ? 

Amd fx 8350,asus sabertooth R2,corsair c70,corsair h100i,palit gtx 580,corsair 8gb vengeance Ram,corsair txm 750.

You can run a waterblock in any orientation, the only thing you need to worry about is filling and draining which you can do with the computer flipped any direction and you also need to make sure that the pump won't be sucking in air.  Just make sure you get the air out while filling so the only air is in the reservoir away from pump.

The only thing that matter when it comes to most cpu blocks is the correct flow direction.

17 hours ago, Optimusgrime said:

hi all im looking to watercool a system that has a rear mounted mobo upside down and just wondered if i could run a cpu waterblock ? 

Ofc, orientation doesnt matter, u shouldn't have any air in the system beyond that which settles in the reservoir.

Speaking of which, you will still have to ensure ur res is above the pump.

Beyond that, its just flow direction u need to ensure is around the right way.

CPU: Intel i7 3930k w/OC & EK Supremacy EVO Block | Motherboard: Asus P9x79 Pro  | RAM: G.Skill 4x4 1866 CL9 | PSU: Seasonic Platinum 1000w | VDU: Panasonic 42" Plasma |

GPU: Gigabyte 1080ti Gaming OC w/OC & Barrow Block | Sound: Asus Xonar D2X - Z5500 -FiiO X3K DAP/DAC - ATH-M50S | Case: Phantek Enthoo Primo White |

Storage: Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SSD + Samsung 850 Evo 256GB SSD | Cooling: XSPC D5 Photon 270 Res & Pump | 2x XSPC AX240 White Rads | NexXxos Monsta 80x240 Rad P/P |