DIY wireless charging mouse?

Dayglorange

Soooo....I'm currently running a Corsair Ironclaw wireless mouse, and while I love it, it seems as though I have to plug the darn thing in almost every day. I've been doing some research into available wireless charging mice and mousepads, but only a few models exist and they're also quite expensive. I was trying to figure out if there would be a way to convert a wireless mouse to be able to accept Qi wireless charging, and then all I'd need is a charging pad to plonk it down on. My idea, however, is to take a mouse that runs from AA batteries rather than my Ironclaw (I don't want to ruin it, but I have some older mice I can use for testing) like a Logitech G602, and add whatever it would need to take wireless charging without having to modify much else. Is this possible? Am I crazy? I feel like this should be doable. If you can get those add-ons for phones that let you have wireless charging with their existing batteries, shouldn't this be possible with a mouse and some rechargable AAs? I'm not an electrician or an engineer (yet), and my limited knowledge makes me think that there should be some way to do this. If anyone has any insight, if what I'm looking to do makes sense or not...please halp!

cool idea, but not practical. its pricey for a reason, it takes a bit of tech. the rechargeable aa idea has some potential though. a company named ossia was working on wireless rechargeable batteries, don't think they have released them yet though. if you could get your hands on those, i don't see why it couldn't work.

6 hours ago, bmx6454 said:

cool idea, but not practical. its pricey for a reason, it takes a bit of tech. the rechargeable aa idea has some potential though. a company named ossia was working on wireless rechargeable batteries, don't think they have released them yet though. if you could get your hands on those, i don't see why it couldn't work.

I saw the Ossia batteries in my searching, but the technology they use is not quite the same as Qi charging. They use the same type of principal as wi-fi and bluetooth, essentially. From what I saw they're supposedly going to release those next year. I just wanted to see if I could possibly engineer a solution myself, as that's kind of the road I'm going down (currently in school to be an engineer, I already have an IT degree) and I'm looking at projects that I can start planning out.

I bought a wireless charge adaptor for my Note 2 a few years back. It was just stuck inside and made contact with 2 pads on the internal shell. I think it just shoved out 5v. May be able to use one of them, they were available for quite a few phones.