Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
name1

Which SSD should I pick?

Recommended Posts

Posted · Original PosterOP

I know both these SSDs are terrible compared to the more expensive ones, but out of these 2 which would you suggest? Because I just need a cheap SSD for my computer to boot off of.

 

https://www.amazon.ca/KingDian-Internal-Solid-Desktop-Laptop/dp/B086YR4RDM/ref=sr_1_1?dchild=1&keywords=kingdian&qid=1591396849&s=electronics&sr=1-1&th=1

 

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B01N6JQS8C/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

 

I'm pretty sure Kingston is a bigger company than KingDian but do you think the extra cost of the Kingston is worth it?

 

I just need like 60GB not more to be honest; it should be more than enough for booting off of.

Thanks!


????1... ???? ??? ?????? ???? ????????? ??? ????? ????? ??? ????? ????? ????? ???????? ?? '???, ????, ?????'. ???? ???? ????? ???? ?????????, ?? ??? ???? ????????.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, name1 said:

I know both these SSDs are terrible compared to the more expensive ones, but out of these 2 which would you suggest? Because I just need a cheap SSD for my computer to boot off of.

 

https://www.amazon.ca/KingDian-Internal-Solid-Desktop-Laptop/dp/B086YR4RDM/ref=sr_1_1?dchild=1&keywords=kingdian&qid=1591396849&s=electronics&sr=1-1&th=1

 

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B01N6JQS8C/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

 

I'm pretty sure Kingston is a bigger company than KingDian but do you think the extra cost of the Kingston is worth it?

 

I just need like 60GB not more to be honest; it should be more than enough for booting off of.

Thanks!

I would go Kingston. I have that SSD in my server actually, its been fine.

 

Also, why just a boot drive? I would try and get a 256 since they don't cost much more, and the gives you room to put programs on as well. A 128 is basically the minimum I would ever recommend these days....


Rig: i9 9900k @ 5Ghz - - Z390 Auros Elite  - - EVGA RTX 2080 XC Ultra @ 2025Mhz - - 4x8GB Vengeance Pro 3000Mhz @ 3600MHz - - Samsung 950 Pro 512 NVMe Boot + Main Programs - - Samsung 830 Pro 256 RAID 0 Lightroom + Photo work - - WD Blue 1 TB SSD for Games - - Corsair RM650i - - Sound BlasterX EA-5 - - EK Supremacy Evo - - XT45 X-Flow 420 + UT60 280 rads - - EK Full Cover GPU Block - - EK XRES RGB PWM - - Fractal Define S2 - - Acer Predator X34 -- Logitech G502 - - Logitech G710+ - - Logitech Z5500 - - Steel Series QcK XXL

 

Headphones/amp/dac: Schiit Lyr 3 - - Fostex TR-X00 - - Sennheiser HD 6xx

 

Homelab/ Media Server: ESXi 6.5 - - 250 GB SSD for VM's/ESXi boot - - FreeNAS 11.3-U2 - - HPE Proliant ML10 Gen 9 backbone - - i3 6100 - - 28 GB ECC - - 10x4 TB WD Red RAID Z2 - - Corsair 750D - - Corsair RM650i - - Dell H310 6Gbps SAS HBA - - Intel RES2SC240 SAS Expander

 

White Lightning (original full watercooled build) - Homelab / Media Server - The Blue Beast (my car and other expensive hobby...) - iPhone Xs - 2018 MacBook Air

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
2 minutes ago, LIGISTX said:

I would go Kingston. I have that SSD in my server actually, its been fine.

 

Also, why just a boot drive? I would try and get a 256 since they don't cost much more, and the gives you room to put programs on as well. A 128 is basically the minimum I would ever recommend these days....

I mean, really because I have a 2 TB HDD, but I'm trying to save some money haha! Thanks for the advice!


????1... ???? ??? ?????? ???? ????????? ??? ????? ????? ??? ????? ????? ????? ???????? ?? '???, ????, ?????'. ???? ???? ????? ???? ?????????, ?? ??? ???? ????????.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
2 minutes ago, Nick Neuburg said:

neither of these have dram caches so I wouldn't recommend either

Yep, I'm just getting them so I can boot faster. You know any cheap ones with DRAM cahces?


????1... ???? ??? ?????? ???? ????????? ??? ????? ????? ??? ????? ????? ????? ???????? ?? '???, ????, ?????'. ???? ???? ????? ???? ?????????, ?? ??? ???? ????????.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Both are garbage, if you're on an extremely tight budget at least go with the Crucial BX500 since it's the best perfoming/reliable dramless SSD you can buy.


Workstation Rig:
CPU:  Intel Core i9 9900K @5.0ghz  |~| Cooling: beQuiet! Dark Rock 4 |~|  MOBO: Asus Z390M ROG Maximus XI GENE |~| RAM: 32gb 3333mhz CL15 G.Skill Trident Z RGB |~| GPU: nVidia TITAN V  |~| PSU: beQuiet! Dark Power Pro 11 80Plus Platinum  |~| Boot: Intel 660p 2TB NVMe |~| Storage: 2X4TB HDD 7200rpm Seagate Iron Wolf + 2X2TB SSD SanDisk Ultra |~| Case: Cooler Master Case Pro 3 |~| Display: Acer Predator X34 3440x1440p100hz |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro.
 
Personal Use Rig:
CPU: Intel Core i9 9900 @4.75ghz |~| Cooling: beQuiet! Shadow Rock Slim |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Z390M Gaming mATX|~| RAM: 16gb DDR4 3400mhzCL15 Viper Steel |~| GPU: nVidia Founders Edition RTX 2080 Ti |~| PSU: beQuiet! Straight Power 11 80Plus Gold  |~|  Boot:  Intel 660p 2TB NVMe |~| Storage: 2x2TB SanDisk SSD Ultra 3D |~| Case: Cooler Master Case Pro 3 |~| Display: Viotek GN34CB 3440x1440p100hz |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro.


HTPC / "Console of the house":

CPU: Intel Core i7 8700 @4.45ghz |~| Cooling: Cooler Master Hyper 212X |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Z370M D3H mATX|~| RAM: 16gb DDR4 3333mhzCL16 G.Skill Trident Z |~| GPU: nVidia Founders Edition GTX 1080 Ti |~| PSU: Corsair TX650M 80Plus Gold |~| Boot:  SSD WD Green M.2 2280 240GB |~| Storage: 1x3TB HDD 7200rpm Seagate Barracuda + SanDisk Ultra 3D 1TB |~| Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini |~| Display: Toshiba UL7A 4K/60hz |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro.
Link to post
Share on other sites

Samsung 860 EVO 250 GB

this one does and it has more than 60gb if you want to put a frequently used game or such things like that

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP

Okay thanks for the help!

 


????1... ???? ??? ?????? ???? ????????? ??? ????? ????? ??? ????? ????? ????? ???????? ?? '???, ????, ?????'. ???? ???? ????? ???? ?????????, ?? ??? ???? ????????.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Nick Neuburg said:

neither of these have dram caches so I wouldn't recommend either

Oh the kingston is dramless. Thats... something I wish I knew before I bought mine :/


Rig: i9 9900k @ 5Ghz - - Z390 Auros Elite  - - EVGA RTX 2080 XC Ultra @ 2025Mhz - - 4x8GB Vengeance Pro 3000Mhz @ 3600MHz - - Samsung 950 Pro 512 NVMe Boot + Main Programs - - Samsung 830 Pro 256 RAID 0 Lightroom + Photo work - - WD Blue 1 TB SSD for Games - - Corsair RM650i - - Sound BlasterX EA-5 - - EK Supremacy Evo - - XT45 X-Flow 420 + UT60 280 rads - - EK Full Cover GPU Block - - EK XRES RGB PWM - - Fractal Define S2 - - Acer Predator X34 -- Logitech G502 - - Logitech G710+ - - Logitech Z5500 - - Steel Series QcK XXL

 

Headphones/amp/dac: Schiit Lyr 3 - - Fostex TR-X00 - - Sennheiser HD 6xx

 

Homelab/ Media Server: ESXi 6.5 - - 250 GB SSD for VM's/ESXi boot - - FreeNAS 11.3-U2 - - HPE Proliant ML10 Gen 9 backbone - - i3 6100 - - 28 GB ECC - - 10x4 TB WD Red RAID Z2 - - Corsair 750D - - Corsair RM650i - - Dell H310 6Gbps SAS HBA - - Intel RES2SC240 SAS Expander

 

White Lightning (original full watercooled build) - Homelab / Media Server - The Blue Beast (my car and other expensive hobby...) - iPhone Xs - 2018 MacBook Air

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, LIGISTX said:

Oh the kingston is dramless. Thats... something I wish I knew before I bought mine :/

yeah don't get those cheap 20 or 30 dollar ones without looking first

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×