Zombie Mods - The TVR Sagaris.

ALXAndy

They work here

"Unofficially Official" Leading Scientific Research and Development Officer of the Official Star Citizen LTT Conglomerate | Reaper Squad, Idris Captain | 1x Aurora LN

Game developer, AI researcher, Developing the UOLTT mobile apps

G SIX [My Mac Pro G5 CaseMod Thread]

Photos don't work apparently

That account has collapsed. It'll be back soon. Probably a good thing considering what's going down at the moment.

But hey, life's like that sometimes. Good thing I like lemonade really.

Area 51 2014. Intel 5820k@ 4.4ghz. MSI X99.16gb Quad channel ram. AMD Fury X.Asus RAIDR.OCZ ARC 480gb SSD. Velociraptor 600gb. 2tb WD.

That account has collapsed. It'll be back soon. Probably a good thing considering what's going down at the moment.

But hey, life's like that sometimes. Good thing I like lemonade really.

when life gives you lemons, freeze them and throw them at the people making your life difficult (unless it's yourself, then you should make lemonade.

Photos down again. Any way here's what I've been up to. First I needed to route a SATA cable (there are only two on the hdd plate)

DSC08758_zpsff632910.jpg

Then I had a SATA extender...

DSC08759_zps342121ca.jpg

So the hard drives are all fitted and wired now.

DSC08765_zpsa968ef0e.jpg

I have decided to use Windows XP X64. So far it's all gone well and I have pretty much everything sorted (drivers, Photoshop etc). Because of that I managed to fit my XFI Fatal1ty. I just love the headphone amplification on it :) You'll also note my Patriot Convoy. This carries two 2.5" hdds and is now all wired up.

So here's the front of the rig. I've done some Dinoc work on this.

DSC08762_zpscc25ccc5.jpg

She's gonna make a great workstation :) I just have to repair the GTX Lightning..

Area 51 2014. Intel 5820k@ 4.4ghz. MSI X99.16gb Quad channel ram. AMD Fury X.Asus RAIDR.OCZ ARC 480gb SSD. Velociraptor 600gb. 2tb WD.

Ouch, I have broken a GPU fan before and it was super loud, thought about breaking the opposite fin but it was odd number :(

• Cooler Master Storm Enforcer
  • I7 3770K @ Stock
  • Gigabyte Z77X-UD5H
  • AMD Radeon R9 290
  • Cooler Master Hyper 212+
  • 16gb Corsair Vengeance 1600mhz 
  • 2x 1tb WD Green Drives (RAID 1)
  • 256gb Samsung 840
  • Peripherals
  • Logitech G502 Proteus Core
  • Ducky Shine 3 - Blue LED, Brown Switches
  • Samsung SyncMaster 2443
  • Custom Mousepad http://imgur.com/xJWASQM
  • Logitech G35
  • Altec Lansing Octane 7

Ouch, I have broken a GPU fan before and it was super loud, thought about breaking the opposite fin but it was odd number :(

They usually are mate yes. TBH? maybe this is for the best. I mean, can't leave the GPU unmodded really can I? hehe.

Not much happening ATM. Though I do have some very, very exciting news.

I'm currently in talks with a modding legend over custom painting the front plate. I won't say who yet but yeah, very exciting stuff.

That would be wrong :)

logobneg_zps3be69c03.jpg

ohyes ohyes ohyes ohyes ohyes ohyes ohyes ohyes ohyes ohyes ohyes :D

"Unofficially Official" Leading Scientific Research and Development Officer of the Official Star Citizen LTT Conglomerate | Reaper Squad, Idris Captain | 1x Aurora LN

More bad news. So I got an email from the place I ordered the GPU fans from. It was obviously in terribly broken English, but from what I can make out they are saying that they don't have them in stock and need to order them from their supplier. This could take seven business days, then they take around 3 weeks to arrive.

Bollocks.

Still, to be honest I can't send the front panel to B-Negative for another week and he says it will take around 3 weeks for the paint to set up properly to be shipped back.

So, it's time to chill out for a bit. I'm going to box it up for now as I need another hard drive too. Stick of truth came out today so I'm going to get into that for a while :)

Well it seems you have nothong but to wait now :)

sometimes the best things r wurth to wait for ;-)

i'll be following this topic i really want to c how this turns out.

*Patiently lurks*

That GPU will look baller with the yellow fans.

Only it won't because the Ebay seller doesn't have them in stock :(

And now he has my money and is messing me around.

OK so some better news.

Today I went to my lady's house to clear out the last of the stuff before it's sold. I found an old Dell desktop and managed to grab some parts out of it to sell. Nothing special, but I sold the parts already.

Then I was poking around on Ebay and found the exact same yellow fans only UK based. Of course they were much more expensive (£7 for two instead of £5.55 for three) but the company in China are fucking me around something rotten. At least this way I can get the GPU repaired and if the others from China materialise I will have spares.

Basically the company in China sent me an email telling me they had no stock but would try and get them within 7 business days. If not they would refund me. Well by this time I had found the ones based in the UK and requested my money back. The company in China then tell me they have been dispatched. IE - they're fucking lying to me so they don't lose a sale. Bastards !

What was really upsetting me was I am completely and totally broke until next week. IE, I have 45 pence in my bank so at the time had no money to order the ones from the UK. Even if they have sent them now they take 3 weeks..

Any way I figured I would update you guys. Hopefully all's well that ends well and I can get the GPU restored back to its former glory :)

damn, id so love to donate some $$ to you for those fans... but till the 10th im broke aswell :/

Don't worry man they're ordered from the UK :)

I want a fan controller now. The GPU fans will no longer connect to the card so I want a nice fan controller to tweak them with :)

Don't worry man they're ordered from the UK :)

I want a fan controller now. The GPU fans will no longer connect to the card so I want a nice fan controller to tweak them with :)

You could make your own :) nice *ranged resistor*, and put on a nice knob. :3

You could make your own :) nice *ranged resistor*, and put on a nice knob. :3

Well I actually had an idea earlier that could work out really well. If the fan centres are the same size as the Lightning then I should be able to put just the blades on, if that makes sense.

Basically a fan consists of two parts. A motor (coil thing) and a metal ring with a pole. If the blade centre is the same then I should be able to replace just the blades, leaving the original MSI motors in place.

/crosses fingers.

If not then I will go down the controller route. I also need to get a controller on the two planned 80mm blue LED fans that will go in the rear as I hate the sound of 80mm fans whirring. I only want them for exhaust so they can be wound down quite a lot.

So today I decided to start the multi boot system I want the rig for. I already had XP on there and it was really slow. Ran a virus checker and I had 68 viruses. Madness ! any way that's all gone and sorted now and I put Windows 8 on there today and got that booting XP on a selection menu. Next up is 7 Pro, which I will need another hdd for but I have one waiting in the wings :)

crossing fingers fot the motor assembly to be the same :)

Well I actually had an idea earlier that could work out really well. If the fan centres are the same size as the Lightning then I should be able to put just the blades on, if that makes sense.

Basically a fan consists of two parts. A motor (coil thing) and a metal ring with a pole. If the blade centre is the same then I should be able to replace just the blades, leaving the original MSI motors in place.

/crosses fingers.

If not then I will go down the controller route. I also need to get a controller on the two planned 80mm blue LED fans that will go in the rear as I hate the sound of 80mm fans whirring. I only want them for exhaust so they can be wound down quite a lot.

So today I decided to start the multi boot system I want the rig for. I already had XP on there and it was really slow. Ran a virus checker and I had 68 viruses. Madness ! any way that's all gone and sorted now and I put Windows 8 on there today and got that booting XP on a selection menu. Next up is 7 Pro, which I will need another hdd for but I have one waiting in the wings :)

Why don't you just cut the wires and solder them together, from what I understand, if the fan is voltage-controlled, it should have three lines, one for +12V, one is the negative and one for the RPM, as long as the three wires are correctly wired to the new fans, why would there be a problem?

My Personal Rig - AMD 3970X | ASUS sTRX4-Pro | RTX 2080 Super | 64GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB DDR4 | CoolerMaster H500P Mesh

My Wife's Rig - AMD 3900X | MSI B450I Gaming | 5500 XT 4GB | 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4-3200 | Silverstone SG13 White

hey man. pictures in the first page are not working.

Why don't you just cut the wires and solder them together, from what I understand, if the fan is voltage-controlled, it should have three lines, one for +12V, one is the negative and one for the RPM, as long as the three wires are correctly wired to the new fans, why would there be a problem?

The fans I've ordered are two wire mate. A modern GPU fan is four wire. They're not voltage controlled any more they are PWM or pulse width modulation. Basically it works like a strobe light by flashing voltage to the fan. The slower the pulse the slower the fan, faster the pulse etc...

Edit.. Sorry man got a little confused there.. I think the MSI fans are PWM.. I would need to check but you could be onto something there if they're not....

hey man. pictures in the first page are not working.

Yeah I know man nothing I can do about it right now sorry :(

They will be back shortly :)