Zombie Mods - The TVR Sagaris.

ALXAndy

oh so beautiful :D

"Unofficially Official" Leading Scientific Research and Development Officer of the Official Star Citizen LTT Conglomerate | Reaper Squad, Idris Captain | 1x Aurora LN

Game developer, AI researcher, Developing the UOLTT mobile apps

G SIX [My Mac Pro G5 CaseMod Thread]

Time for some braiding :)

DSC08733.jpg

And.

DSC08736.jpg

Area 51 2014. Intel 5820k@ 4.4ghz. MSI X99.16gb Quad channel ram. AMD Fury X.Asus RAIDR.OCZ ARC 480gb SSD. Velociraptor 600gb. 2tb WD.

Did you know there are 22 wires for that GPU. That's only two less than an entire 24 pin ATX connector.

Area 51 2014. Intel 5820k@ 4.4ghz. MSI X99.16gb Quad channel ram. AMD Fury X.Asus RAIDR.OCZ ARC 480gb SSD. Velociraptor 600gb. 2tb WD.

oh god oh god :3

"Unofficially Official" Leading Scientific Research and Development Officer of the Official Star Citizen LTT Conglomerate | Reaper Squad, Idris Captain | 1x Aurora LN

Did you know there are 22 wires for that GPU. That's only two less than an entire 24 pin ATX connector.

So, 8+8+6 pin?

BUILD LOGS: HELIOS - Latest Update: 2015-SEP-06 ::: ZEUS - BOTW 2013-JUN-28 ::: APOLLO - Complete: 2014-MAY-10
OTHER STUFF: Cable Lacing Tutorial ::: What Is ZFS? ::: mincss Primer ::: LSI RAID Card Flashing Tutorial
FORUM INFO: Community Standards ::: The Moderating Team ::: 10TB+ Storage Showoff Topic

So, 8+8+6 pin?

Yeah pretty much lol. 6 of those pins are just for the vram :o

I will never be putting it under LN2 (and the switches for cold mode are still sealed) but that was the intention. Just an evil card..

As for power consumption.. No idea. Sky would be the limit if this thing were under DICE.

I'm still planning out what will go where now. I have three 2.5" drives I need to fit.

That's when I'm not getting all sweary at Windows XP. Seriously, people harp on about how good it was well it sucks compared to 7. I just wish I had a choice, but I don't. The emulator I want to run does not function correctly post XP.

Yeah pretty much lol. 6 of those pins are just for the vram :o

I will never be putting it under LN2 (and the switches for cold mode are still sealed) but that was the intention. Just an evil card..

As for power consumption.. No idea. Sky would be the limit if this thing were under DICE.

I'm still planning out what will go where now. I have three 2.5" drives I need to fit.

That's when I'm not getting all sweary at Windows XP. Seriously, people harp on about how good it was well it sucks compared to 7. I just wish I had a choice, but I don't. The emulator I want to run does not function correctly post XP.

How about a VM? also, do you plan on mechanical storage too or just those 2 sexy SSDs?

I think I might have missed something but you're going to use the RM 750 instead of that Dell psu right?

I think I might have missed something but you're going to use the RM 750 instead of that Dell psu right?

No. The Dell PSU is better than the Corsair.

Luka - I'm using two SSDs and a 500gb storage drive but they're all 2.5" mate.

No. The Dell PSU is better than the Corsair.

Luka - I'm using two SSDs and a 500gb storage drive but they're all 2.5" mate.

Will you atleast dress it pretty? :P

Ah cool, so there will be enough storage :D

Will you atleast dress it pretty? :P

Ah cool, so there will be enough storage :D

The drives should all sit side by side on a custom made deck. So yeah, don't worry about it man. Remember - this thing is seriously in the embryo stage.

What I won't be doing is attempting to paint the silver insides. This would mean a complete strip down and tbh due to the controllers and so on even I am not confident with it. Dell are terribly over engineered.

The aim is to cover some of it up and then for the rest just leave it raw. This is a workstation, not a pretty desktop. Raw power is what it's about here :)

I aim to make the custom plate later today but I will then need a ridiculously long SATA cable (which I don't have sadly) in order to retain the fold down mechanism. I do not want to fix the drives in I want it to all still work.

OK now remember the PSU that blew up during the I9 Steambox? well here it is again.

1.jpg

Solder.

2.jpg

Bzzzzzzzp

3.jpg

OK cool that's that cut then.

4.jpg

Mount.

5.jpg

Yup, I like it. Cover.

6.jpg

Test fit.

7.jpg

Hmm, something missing !!

8.jpg

Better.

9.jpg

Hells yeah ! 

10.jpg

And the deck is completed :)

Oh god. If only i possessed some of your skill as well as your passion and enthusiasm :)

Gotta practice more hehe

Keep at it man. Side note - I will be removing the SATA writing from the plugs. I just didn't have time today. I also need a super long SATA cable and I don't think I have any lying around so I will have to wait on that :)

hay can i have a link to the steam box build wanna have a look over it :P 

Specs

CPU: i5 4670k i won the silicon lottery Cooler: Corsair H100i w/ 2x Corsair SP120 quiet editions Mobo: ASUS Z97 SABERTOOTH MARK 1 Ram: Corsair Platnums 16gb (4x4gb) Storage: Samsun 840 evo 256gb and random hard drives GPU: EVGA acx 2.0 gtx 980 PSU: Corsair RM 850w Case: Fractal Arc Midi R2 windowed 

This is looking sick!

PC: Corsair C70 Arctic, FX 9370, Corsair H80i, Gigabyte 990fxa-ud3, Corsair Vengence 16gb, Palit JetStream GTX 970, OCZ Vertex 4 128gb and Western Digital Blue 1Tb + 500gb, Antec Gamer 520w

Peripherals: Logitech G19 and SteelSeries Sensei RAW

Toshiba L50-A: i7 4700mq, 8gb, 1TB HDD, GT 740M 2gb

hay can i have a link to the steam box build wanna have a look over it :P

Search for the i9 steambox

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/109287-zombie-mods-the-i9-steambox/?hl=steambox

OK so today I am giving myself a day off. Over the past couple of days I've worked really hard on this project. I'm glad though, as near on all of the cable braiding is now completed.

I'm going to go over to my mother's house soon and assess the situation with regards to spray paints. I know I have a full tin of Nvidia green and some Noctua colours from old projects but I can't remember how much primer I have. I'm still strongly considering getting out my cans and spraying the front panel. With the weather improving it will make it possible for me to do too. Not easy when you live in a flat with no garden but I can always work at mum's house. I do need to decide on a colour though but I am leaning toward blue.

More bad news.

Last night the PCI bracket holder ended up hitting one of the fans on the Lightning and has broken the fan. Due to the cooler being a one off so are the fans it seems.

The only option I have is a set of slightly smaller fans, but they aren't cheap.

So the project is on hold now.

oooooooooooooooooh nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooes D:

Specs

CPU: i5 4670k i won the silicon lottery Cooler: Corsair H100i w/ 2x Corsair SP120 quiet editions Mobo: ASUS Z97 SABERTOOTH MARK 1 Ram: Corsair Platnums 16gb (4x4gb) Storage: Samsun 840 evo 256gb and random hard drives GPU: EVGA acx 2.0 gtx 980 PSU: Corsair RM 850w Case: Fractal Arc Midi R2 windowed 

awh man, sad to hear this :S i hope you can sort it out. Keep the head up. Wat you do is really good. keep it up!!!

OK well I ended up finding these on fleabay for £1.85. So I've got three on order (one spare incase anything goes wrong).

fan_zps030124c9.jpg

They'll likely need modding to fit but I reakon they'll look pretty bad ass and give it the modern Lightning look.

They'll take a couple of weeks though coming from China, but South Park releases in a couple of days so I'm going to game for a while any way :)