2 Sticks of RAM Causes Crashing

Munken-

So after posting a few times about crashing issues I found the problem: When I have one stick of RAM plugged in to my motherboard it runs perfectly fine. When I plug both in to get 16GB of RAM...Windows won't even start. I get a blue screen pretty much immediately. I have no idea what the issue is. Never ran into anything like this before. I'm using a Gigabyte B450M Gaming. Any ideas of what I can change in the BIOS maybe to fix it?

I should also add that I've plugged in both sticks individually and had no problems. Also tried to change the positions of the sticks...still crashes when both are in. When one is in, it doesn't matter.

Thanks guys!

7 minutes ago, gloop said:

WHat frequency are they set too?

I kept XMP disabled so as far as I can see 2133.

1 hour ago, Talking_Monk said:

I kept XMP disabled so as far as I can see 2133.

The motherboard might be a dud, or perhaps the ram slots just isn't getting the juice it needs from the power supply for some reason. When you tried using both sticks individually, did you try each in both slots?

System Specs

• CPU
    AMD Ryzen 7 5800X
  • Motherboard
    Gigabyte AMD X570 Auros Master
  • RAM
    G.Skill Ripjaws 32 GBs
  • GPU
    Red Devil RX 5700XT
  • Case
    Corsair 570X
  • Storage
    Samsung SSD 860 QVO 2TB - HDD Seagate B arracuda 1TB - External Seagate HDD 8TB
  • PSU
    G.Skill RipJaws 1250 Watts
  • Keyboard
    Corsair Gaming Keyboard K55
  • Mouse
    Razer Naga Trinity
  • Operating System
    Windows 10

1 hour ago, BlackManINC said:

The motherboard might be a dud, or perhaps the ram slots just isn't getting the juice it needs from the power supply for some reason. When you tried using both sticks individually, did you try each in both slots?

That would be a bummer. I have tried using them in both slots and it works fine. Do you think I could increase voltage or so to get them power?

13 minutes ago, Talking_Monk said:

That would be a bummer. I have tried using them in both slots and it works fine. Do you think I could increase voltage or so to get them power?

You might as well try it. You've got nothing to lose at this point. I would also try running a boot time scan with windows defender, just to rule out a virus for the hell of it. 

System Specs

• CPU
    AMD Ryzen 7 5800X
  • Motherboard
    Gigabyte AMD X570 Auros Master
  • RAM
    G.Skill Ripjaws 32 GBs
  • GPU
    Red Devil RX 5700XT
  • Case
    Corsair 570X
  • Storage
    Samsung SSD 860 QVO 2TB - HDD Seagate B arracuda 1TB - External Seagate HDD 8TB
  • PSU
    G.Skill RipJaws 1250 Watts
  • Keyboard
    Corsair Gaming Keyboard K55
  • Mouse
    Razer Naga Trinity
  • Operating System
    Windows 10

• 1 year later...
On 6/6/2020 at 7:17 AM, Munken- said:

So after posting a few times about crashing issues I found the problem: When I have one stick of RAM plugged in to my motherboard it runs perfectly fine. When I plug both in to get 16GB of RAM...Windows won't even start. I get a blue screen pretty much immediately. I have no idea what the issue is. Never ran into anything like this before. I'm using a Gigabyte B450M Gaming. Any ideas of what I can change in the BIOS maybe to fix it?

I should also add that I've plugged in both sticks individually and had no problems. Also tried to change the positions of the sticks...still crashes when both are in. When one is in, it doesn't matter.

Thanks guys!

What turned out to be the problem? I'm having the exact Ram problems you have mentioned but I think I have a faulty motherboard as memtest said my sticks were fine. But I don't have any BSOD only pc crashes/restarting.