Razer BlackWidow(RZ03-00390100-R3U1) or Corsair Vengeance K60?

mgsstar

Should I get the Razer BlackWidow (RZ03-00390100-R3U1) or Corsair Vengeance K60? They are both selling at $70. Razer is price match and k60 is with mail in rebate

EDIT: Should i get either one above or the Logitech G510 or the Microsoft Sidewinder X4?

Hello and Welcome to LTT Forum!

If you are a new member, please read the rules located in "Forum News and Info". Thanks!  :)

Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct           FAQ           Privacy Policy & Legal Disclaimer

I wouldn't get the BlackWidow, the only BlackWidow version I would get is the BlackWidow Pro, and at that price I'd just get a Ducky. If you like red switches the Corsair keyboards are good tough.

The Cooler Master Quickfire Tk is another good choice.

CASE: FRACTAL DESIGN DEFINE R4  |  MOBO: MSI MPOWER Z77  |  CPU: Intel i5 3570k @ 4.4 GHz  |  CPU COOLER: NOCTUA NH-D15  |  GPU: EVGA GTX 770 SC |

PSU: CORSAIR AX860 W/ RED BRAIDED CABLES | SSD: SAMSUNG 840 EVO 250 GB | HDD: WD BLACK 1 TB | FANS: 3x NOCTUA NF-A14 | MONITOR: HP W2371D

KEYBOARD: CM STORM QFR MX BLUES W/  PBT KEYCAPS  |  MOUSE: LOGITECH G502 | MIC: AUDIO TECHNICA AT2020 | HEADPHONES: SENNHEISER HD 558

None of those, but Quantum gives a good option. Rosewill and Coolermaster both make good mechanicals that are "cheaper".

Is it worth getting the G510 or the X4 even though it is not mechanical?
bump because my price match expire tmrw... :(

If you are a new member, please read the rules located in "Forum News and Info". Thanks!  :)

Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct           FAQ           Privacy Policy & Legal Disclaimer

membrane is never a better option unless price matters a lot. Once you go mechanical you will never go back.

membrane is never a better option unless price matters a lot. Once you go mechanical you will never go back.

Unless its a gen1 G15. But good luck finding one.

In my opinion, you should never make a decision to buy something based on a mail-in-rebate. You never know when you will actually get that money. It's been 4 months since I filled out a MIR for my SSD. I haven't gotten the money yet.

There's only three mechanical keyboards I never suggest to anyone.

1: Original Blackwidow

2: Corsair K60/K90

3: That one iOne model that seemed rife with issues

If you want cheap, go with a CM Storm, a Rosewill RK9100 or possibly the Blackwidow 2013 Tournament Edition.

Corsair K60/K90 aren't 100% mechanical, it is a hybrid as some keys are membrane FYI.

Corsair K60/K90 aren't 100% mechanical' date=' it is a hybrid as some keys are membrane FYI.[/quote']

Yea I knew that so probably leaning on getting a quickfire tk and wait for it to go on sale because its expensive right now and do the gaming membrane keyboards feel differently or is it just the same type of keys on a regular membrane keyboard?

I use a Blackwindow Ultimate at home and a regular Blackwidow at work. I got the Ultimate for home, because backlits are a must unless you want to keep your lights on all night. I'm happy with both and never thought to change them out.

4930k @ 4.0 GHz - Rampage IV Black - 16GB Dominator Platnium 1600 Cas 8 - 2x 780TI Classified SLI - 640 GT - Xonar Pheobus - 2x 128GB 840 Pro RAID 0 - 250GB 840 EVO - Live Gamer HD - AX1200i - COSMOS II - H100i - 4x SP120 - 4x AF120 - AF140 - 3x U3014 - Blackwidow Ultimate - Naga - Mouse Bungee - Manticor - 2x Sabertooth - Atrox - T500RS - TH8RS - Tiamat 7.1 - SP2500 - c920 - Smart-UPS SMT1500

Corsair K60/K90 aren't 100% mechanical' date=' it is a hybrid as some keys are membrane FYI.[/quote']

Yea I knew that so probably leaning on getting a quickfire tk and wait for it to go on sale because its expensive right now and do the gaming membrane keyboards feel differently or is it just the same type of keys on a regular membrane keyboard?

That question made no sense. Mechanical keys feel very differently to membrane when you push down on a key, but the actual key-cap won't feel particularly different.

I use a Blackwindow Ultimate at home and a regular Blackwidow at work. I got the Ultimate for home, because backlits are a must unless you want to keep your lights on all night. I'm happy with both and never thought to change them out.
Or you can learn to touch-type. :P

Do you guys have any recommendation of cherry mx brown mechanical keyboards around the 70-80 dollar price range with num pad?

This.

There's also the CM Storm Quickfire TK with browns, which should be out very soon.

Edit: Never mind, the TK will probably be outside your budget. Go with the Rosewill.

Razer blackwidow or the Cooler Master CM storm quick fire

This.

There's also the CM Storm Quickfire TK with browns, which should be out very soon.

Edit: Never mind, the TK will probably be outside your budget. Go with the Rosewill.

Im not in the us and ill probably go with the quickfire tk or quickfire pro when it goes on sale... Sounds like a good choice?

The quickfire doesn't have a numpad and the blackwidow are cherry mx blue keys which after some thought decided not to choose it because of noisy keys unlike the cherry mx browns... correct me if i am wrong about these

there is a new quick fire with a number pad its some thing like quick fire TX or some thing.

and i have a blackwidow cherry mx blue and i dont mind it, but there is a brown version of the blackwidow too its called blackwidow stealth