Best CPU for around €300?

Mrgoldy
As the title says. I'm fairly new to pc building so yeah. I've heard AMD Ryzen 7 3700x is a good option but I'm not sure.

My GPU to match up is an RTX 2070 super.

here is my list: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/bCGwJb

get 10700k and some z490 instead of ryzen 3700x, if u want much smoother gameplay that is

3700X is the right choice IMO

PC

Ryzen 5 2600 Stock

Sapphire Nitro+ Special Edition Radeon RX580 8GB (Would Recommend)

Gigabyte B450M DS3H (Don't recommend)

Hyper 212 RGB Black Edition

Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4 3000MHz CL15 

Phanteks P300 (Would Recommend)

Kingston A400 240GB SSD

Seagate BarraCuda 1TB HDD

Corsair CX550M 550W  80+ Bronze

Deepcool FH-10 Fan Hub

3x BeQuiet Pure Wings 2

https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/user/marmour/saved/QTY3ZL

Peripherals

LG 24MK400H

Logitech G413 Carbon

Logitech G305 (AAA Adaptor - 10g reduction) (Would recommend)

Logitech Z150

HyperX Cloud II (Would recommend)

Moto G5 Plus (Webcam)

Phone

Pixel 3A XL (Would recommend)

*Useful Link* PSU Tier List: https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/1116640-psucultists-psu-tier-list/

Just now, Chabax said:

get 10700k and some z490 instead of ryzen 3700x, if u want much smoother gameplay that is

The 10700K makes absolutely no sense and has been labelled dead on arrival by 99% of reviewers. It's more expensive than the 12-core 3900X, needs an expensive cooler and can't even compete against the 12-core Ryzen options. The 3700X in contrast is MUCH cheaper for virtually the same performance.

Here - VASTLY superior motherboard
better power supply and MUCH better SSD/HDD

I also removed the AIO - Ryzen is very efficient so even the stock cooler is more than enough

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 3.6 GHz 8-Core Processor  ($274.49 @ Amazon)
Motherboard: Asus TUF GAMING X570-PLUS (WI-FI) ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($189.99 @ Best Buy)
Memory: Team T-FORCE VULCAN Z 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 Memory  ($109.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Crucial P1 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  ($128.99 @ Dell)
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($44.99 @ Adorama)
Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER 8 GB WINDFORCE OC 3X Video Card  ($499.99 @ Best Buy)
Power Supply: Corsair TXM Gold 550 W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-modular ATX Power Supply  ($105.97 @ Newegg)
Total: $1354.41
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2020-06-04 16:40 EDT-0400

4 minutes ago, 5x5 said:

Here - VASTLY superior motherboard
better power supply and MUCH better SSD/HDD

I also removed the AIO - Ryzen is very efficient so even the stock cooler is more than enough

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 3.6 GHz 8-Core Processor  ($274.49 @ Amazon)
Motherboard: Asus TUF GAMING X570-PLUS (WI-FI) ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($189.99 @ Best Buy)
Memory: Team T-FORCE VULCAN Z 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 Memory  ($109.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Crucial P1 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  ($128.99 @ Dell)
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($44.99 @ Adorama)
Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER 8 GB WINDFORCE OC 3X Video Card  ($499.99 @ Best Buy)
Power Supply: Corsair TXM Gold 550 W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-modular ATX Power Supply  ($105.97 @ Newegg)
Total: $1354.41
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2020-06-04 16:40 EDT-0400

Thank you for helping. I'm not really into gaming too much. So maybe swap out the motherboard? Or idk. I'm fairly new to pc building so you tell me. my budget would be around 1300-1350 euros. Also I think I will go with a greater wattage power supply for upgrading headroom.

9 minutes ago, Chabax said:

I'm more into multi-threaded performance as I won't make this machine a "gaming" machine. It will be for work/sometimes gaming ofc.

Just now, Mrgoldy said:

Thank you for helping. I'm not really into gaming too much. So maybe swap out the motherboard? Or idk. I'm fairly new to pc building so you tell me. my budget would be around 1300-1350 euros. Also I think I will go with a greater wattage power supply for upgrading headroom.

The board you had is mediocre - the X570 TuF is one of the best motherboards on the consumer grade market (it's incredibly good)

The power supply is fine - get 650W if you're REALLY worried but that system wont use more than 400W

1 minute ago, Mrgoldy said:

I'm more into multi-threaded performance as I won't make this machine a "gaming" machine. It will be for work/sometimes gaming ofc.

The 10700K itself is not good value or good for what it is - the 10600K is superior in games and Ryzen alternatives are superior for everything else.

Just now, 5x5 said:

The board you had is mediocre - the X570 TuF is one of the best motherboards on the consumer grade market (it's incredibly good)

The power supply is fine - get 650W if you're REALLY worried but that system wont use more than 400W

Ok thank you. I'm thinking of removing the hard drive. Because I will put everything into the ssd. After I'm done with my projects etc., I'm going to archive them.

Ok thank you. I'm thinking of removing the hard drive. Because I will put everything into the ssd. After I'm done with my projects etc., I'm going to archive them.

You'll be fine with just the SSD - it's a good one too. The Sabrent Rocket is also a great PCIe 4.0 model if its available at a good price.

As for that guy - ignore him :)

43 minutes ago, 5x5 said:

*snip*

Thank you for being nice and helpful. So you think a 600W psu will do it?

Edited by wkdpaul

Just now, Mrgoldy said:

Thank you for being nice and helpful. So you think a 600W psu will do it?

Yup - the 3700X uses about 100W and the 2070 Super another 250W. Factor in board, RAM, fans, externals and drives (all should be about 100W max) and you have a total of 450W under 100% load on everything.

1 minute ago, 5x5 said:

Yup - the 3700X uses about 100W and the 2070 Super another 250W. Factor in board, RAM, fans, externals and drives (all should be about 100W max) and you have a total of 450W under 100% load on everything.

Ok, thank you. Also why did that guy even laugh about me for a 3700x and a 2070 super?

Just now, Mrgoldy said:

Ok, thank you. Also why did that guy even laugh about me for a 3700x and a 2070 super?

Because he's a young lad stuck in quarantine with nothing but the internet to vent. It's our reality at the moment.

1 minute ago, 5x5 said:

Because he's a young lad stuck in quarantine with nothing but the internet to vent. It's our reality at the moment.

partialy true, but i realy think recommending 550w for such hardware isnt good, the psu is gona be under high load most of time

Just now, Chabax said:

partialy true, but i realy think recommending 550w for such hardware isnt good, the psu is gona be under high load most of time

Even if he is running stress tests all day, the power supply will still only be at about 80% usage. The TXM 550W is rated to provide 550W 24/7 for 5 years according to the warranty papers.

Ok thank you but pls don't make fun of newbies. What can I do if I don't know much about pc building?

if you never built pc before, and u plan on ordering these parts soon, id highly recommend u watch few PC build guides on youtube, but while its not hard, its easy to screw up, so just follow guides and u are fine

3 minutes ago, Mrgoldy said:

Ok thank you but pls don't make fun of newbies. What can I do if I don't know much about pc building?

Follow a guide based around your components. Read the manuals and don't rush. Gamers Nexus have incredibly good articles and videos on the subject.

2 minutes ago, 5x5 said:

Even if he is running stress tests all day, the power supply will still only be at about 80% usage. The TXM 550W is rated to provide 550W 24/7 for 5 years according to the warranty papers.

24/7 for 5 years at full load, and probably 10 years at lower load, thats what i am saying

2 minutes ago, Chabax said:

if you never built pc before, and u plan on ordering these parts soon, id highly recommend u watch few PC build guides on youtube, but while its not hard, its easy to screw up, so just follow guides and u are fin

I'm not that kind of a newbie. Although I haven't built one in my life yet, I still know quiet a bit, at least so that I know what I'm doing.

1 minute ago, Chabax said:

24/7 for 5 years at full load, and probably 10 years at lower load, thats what i am saying

5 years is the minimum. Most live well past that even at 100% load. Again, these power supplies are very good units and even have overload headroom that can be sustained for prolonged periods. The power supply will easily last 7-8 years at 100% load at which point, if you're upgrading, might as well get a new ATX12VO model.