No Display after driver install

Matt_98

Hi Guys

I've just got an RTX2080 super that had a faulty cooler which i have replaced with a MORPHEUS II, however I can get the gpu to power up but when the driver is installed display signal is lost and the fans go to 100% on the card. when I rdp onto the machine from my phone i can see a Code 31 error in edvice manager and I have no clue what that reammy means. I have tried DDU and clean install from the nvidia site but i'm struggling at this point.

Anyone got any ideas?

the card is a Auros waterforce 2080 super

MOBO B450 Aurous elite

CPU- R5 3600

PSU- CX 750M

6600K - ASUS Z270i Gaming ITX - 8GB Corsair  Vengence LPX DDR4 2400MHZ - EVGA 1070SC - 120GB HyperX Savage SSD - CX430 PSU:|

PSU tier list- 

Make sure the card didn't have a mining / weird firmware and install a consumer firmware

PC: Motherboard: ASUS B550M TUF-Plus, CPU: Ryzen 3 3100, CPU Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34, GPU: GIGABYTE WindForce GTX1650S, RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 2x8GB 3200 CL16, Case, CoolerMaster MB311L ARGB, Boot Drive: 250GB MX500, Game Drive: WD Blue 1TB 7200RPM HDD.

Peripherals: GK61 (Optical Gateron Red) with Mistel White/Orange keycaps, Logitech G102 (Purple), BitWit Ensemble Grey Deskpad. 

Audio: Logitech G432, Moondrop Starfield, Mic: Razer Siren Mini (White).

Phone: Pixel 3a (Purple-ish).

Build Log: 

3 minutes ago, TofuHaroto said:

Make sure the card didn't have a mining / weird firmware and install a consumer firmware

okay, how do I do that?

6600K - ASUS Z270i Gaming ITX - 8GB Corsair  Vengence LPX DDR4 2400MHZ - EVGA 1070SC - 120GB HyperX Savage SSD - CX430 PSU:|

PSU tier list- 

1 minute ago, Matt_98 said:

okay, how do I do that?

Gamer Nexus made a video on how to do so 

PC: Motherboard: ASUS B550M TUF-Plus, CPU: Ryzen 3 3100, CPU Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34, GPU: GIGABYTE WindForce GTX1650S, RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 2x8GB 3200 CL16, Case, CoolerMaster MB311L ARGB, Boot Drive: 250GB MX500, Game Drive: WD Blue 1TB 7200RPM HDD.

Peripherals: GK61 (Optical Gateron Red) with Mistel White/Orange keycaps, Logitech G102 (Purple), BitWit Ensemble Grey Deskpad. 

Build Log: 

1 hour ago, TofuHaroto said:

Gamer Nexus made a video on how to do so 

Did'nt get aroung to this but I have reseated the new cooler and It seems it was a mounting pressure issue maybe as I'm now runnig fine, other than the loudest coil whine ove ever heard but considering it probably had water on it at somepoint I can use headphones!

PSU tier list- 

22 minutes ago, Matt_98 said:

Did'nt get aroung to this but I have reseated the new cooler and It seems it was a mounting pressure issue maybe as I'm now runnig fine, other than the loudest coil whine ove ever heard but considering it probably had water on it at somepoint I can use headphones!

Wait 

Mounting pressure fixed the drivers problem ?

Weird

Build Log: 

4 hours ago, TofuHaroto said:

Wait 

Mounting pressure fixed the drivers problem ?

Weird

Yes very strange, I do apepear to be stuck with no gpu boost and any gpu overclocking software crashes the system but I'm making progress at least lmao

PSU tier list- 

Just now, Matt_98 said:

Yes very strange, I do apepear to be stuck with no gpu boost and any gpu overclocking software crashes the system but I'm making progress at least lmao

Ddu could fix that now that you atleast can download drivers

Build Log: 

8 minutes ago, TofuHaroto said:

Ddu could fix that now that you atleast can download drivers

and that fixed it, half of the coil whine is also gone now somehow. all that's left is to get better adhesive for the VRM heatsinks as one has just fallen off... 

PSU tier list- 

1 minute ago, Matt_98 said:

and that fixed it, half of the coil whine is also gone now somehow. all that's left is to get better adhesive for the VRM heatsinks as one has just fallen off... 

This is the weirdest thing I have seen

Re seating the cooler fixing drivers 

And dduing fixing coil whine 🤣

Build Log: 

Just now, TofuHaroto said:

This is the weirdest thing I have seen

Re seating the cooler fixing drivers 

And dduing fixing coil whine 🤣

I think that's just the kind of thing I should have expected when buying a leaking graphics card on ebay and installing a custom cooler with no support for it 🤣

PSU tier list-