Remember when the WAN show raided PlantyTime's stream? Here's how it affected her long-term.

If you are wondering what happens when the WAN show raids someone, and how that channel is impacted long term, I wrote an article discussing just that!

https://blog.gamesight.io/analyzing-twitch-raid-impact-on-viewership/

The key takeaway is while most raids may not change a channel's momentum, the LTT raid quite the positive impact on PlantyTime's momentum. Her ACV went from ~5 to ~60 after the raid, which is actually high enough to quality joining the Twitch Partner program. 

PlantyTime’s daily peak-viewership vs. ACV

I work as a data engineer for a videogame marketing analytics startup in Seattle. One Friday evening, as I was microwaving some dinner while watching the WAN show, I noticed Luke and Linus had us raid PlantyTime's stream. A few weeks later- I found myself writing a series of articles around different metrics used in the field of marketing to assess which influencer to work with. When it came time to write about how these metrics behave when there's a large, albeit temporary influx of viewership from a Twitch raid- it felt only right to write about that raid since I was a part of it, and well- I was curious. The article (well, series of articles within that link) breakdown measures like the three different kinds of viewership on Twitch, viewer-hours, average concurrent viewership, and more.

Aside, but I cannot thank LinusTechTips enough- I've been following them for a better part of a decade at this point. I built my first computer in high school thanks to them, which prompted me to fly halfway across the world to study computer science for my undergraduate degree. I graduated last year, and found myself working here; none of this would be possible if I hadn't come across your videos back in the day on building computers/ unboxings (remember those?), and content around technology which lit a fire within me. I'm unsure if this goes against any community ToS; if it does- my apologies. I just wanted to share an article I wrote which I thought may be interesting to share over here. 

PC in Profile

So in short:

Meme History: Stonks – The Eagle's Call

:D

Really interesting information!

Although I would wager that a couple of variables played a factor in this success too. Of course with Luke and Luke's mother also appearing on the streams (as I have understood), there is already a 'grasping point' for people not familiar with PlantyTimes' stream.

The raids are a good introduction, the cameos of well-known people (if you watch Linus, they are well-known) are a good reason to tune into more streams.

But of course it being enojoyable content (I presume, I don't really watch live-streams + post-WAN show raids are not viable within my timezone) makes people stick around too.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

Do they raid other channels often ? I hardly get to catch them live these days and when I do, it's usually on Youtube since I can actually Rewind without the whole video crapping out.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

Not sure on that- I know that they have raided PlantyTime a few times- alongside GN /Jayz2Cents during ripgn, but I can't seem to recall any other instances.

PC in Profile