Is Valorant's Vanguard anti-cheat safe?

I would like to try Valorant, but it's anti-cheat software has me worried. From what I understand it's a software that runs at the Kernel level. I know you can now disable it while the game isn't running but I'm not sure I'm comfortable with a software running at that level so I'm looking for more information

A Chinese enterprise running on your PC at Kernel level, what could go wrong?

Jokes aside, I don't think it will happen something bad with the Riot or Tencent, but if someone got how to trick Vanguard and gets to run on your kernel lvl it should be worrying if you were Bill Gates or Jeff Bezos. 

For normal users the only thing I think It can fuck up is with false positives. Vanguard closed my games everytime I opened up Afterburner because It though that i was cheating lol

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600 @ 4.4GHz 1.2v / GPU: MSI Radeon RX 5700 Mech OC GP (5700XT Bios) @ 2GHz / MB: Asus ROG Strix B450-F / RAM: Kingston HyperX 16GB DDR4 3200MHz CL16 / CASE: MSI MAG Vampiric 010X

4 minutes ago, LordWk said:

A Chinese enterprise running on your PC at Kernel level, what could go wrong?

Jokes aside, I don't think it will happen something bad with the Riot or Tencent, but if someone got how to trick Vanguard and gets to run on your kernel lvl it should be worrying if you were Bill Gates or Jeff Bezos. 

For normal users the only thing I think It can fuck up is with false positives. Vanguard closed my games everytime I opened up Afterburner because It though that i was cheating lol

Yeah. I know I'm probably just being paranoid, but having something running at that level that isn't needed by the hardware or OS just makes me a bit uncomfortable. Does Riot games use vanguard in all their games? Also, does it still have a problem with Afterburner? Because I use it too, especially to keep track of temps in game.

Just now, prostrike33 said:

Yeah. I know I'm probably just being paranoid, but having something running at that level that isn't needed by the hardware or OS just makes me a bit uncomfortable. Does Riot games use vanguard in all their games? Also, does it still have a problem with Afterburner? Because I use it too, especially to keep track of temps in game.

As far as I know, it got patched.

And no, for now I think Vanguard is just on Valorant.

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600 @ 4.4GHz 1.2v / GPU: MSI Radeon RX 5700 Mech OC GP (5700XT Bios) @ 2GHz / MB: Asus ROG Strix B450-F / RAM: Kingston HyperX 16GB DDR4 3200MHz CL16 / CASE: MSI MAG Vampiric 010X

3 minutes ago, LordWk said:

And no, for now I think Vanguard is just on Valorant.

Ah. Game looks pretty fun but not sure If I'll download it. Thanks for the info