Server for Machine Learning

Hello, I'm new to the forum but I've followed the LTT channel for years, my question is:

How can I setup a server in my home that is used for Machin Learning (ML), and I want to run my code from my laptop, but the actual should be running on my server, and then when the process is completed I want it displayed on my screen on the laptop. 

I know what part's I need, I only need to know how to setup the software. (I use the jupyter notebook)

Thanks!!

19 minutes ago, dzafo said:

I only need to know how to setup the software.

There are tons of different ML programs out there, it depends on what you want to do. I did WordGAN and CharRNN some years ago to write song lyrics and then music to go with it, and it was all done locally on a spare system I had.

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

It's a software for predicting success for a business, it takes large amounts of data, that is why I need it

2 hours ago, dzafo said:

It's a software for predicting success for a business, it takes large amounts of data, that is why I need it

thats helpful... What exact program?

what ide?

You can normally ssh in and run the work from there, but check with your exact program

17 hours ago, dzafo said:

Hello, I'm new to the forum but I've followed the LTT channel for years, my question is:

How can I setup a server in my home that is used for Machin Learning (ML), and I want to run my code from my laptop, but the actual should be running on my server, and then when the process is completed I want it displayed on my screen on the laptop. 

I know what part's I need, I only need to know how to setup the software. (I use the jupyter notebook)

Thanks!!

You can simply install any linux distro of your liking, connect to it through ssh, install python along with all of your needed deps, install jupyter, run it, then access it through your browser with <your_local_server_ip>:8888.

13 hours ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

thats helpful... What exact program?

He already said he's using jupyter.

FX6300 @ 4.2GHz | Gigabyte GA-78LMT-USB3 R2 | Hyper 212x | 3x 8GB + 1x 4GB @ 1600MHz | Gigabyte 2060 Super | Corsair CX650M | LG 43UK6520PSA
ASUS X550LN | i5 4210u | 12GB
Lenovo N23 Yoga

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the help I just did that today, and it's super awesome to run my predictions models at a great speed