Random BSOD, Freezes and reboot

Vijayk

Hi, My system was built last August, it worked fine for 2 months and then started giving me random reboots, error, BSOD, freezes. It may work perfectly fine for 2 hours at a stretch, like while playing Witcher 3, and then crash suddenly. Crashes are random, even right after login, browsing web, spreadsheets, and most often while using Epic game store and related games - Control did not cause crashes and was able to finish the game, weirdly.

It even crashed in safe mode. I had tried reinstalling windows 10, rest windows, reinstalled drivers but no use.

Tried the following,
1. Memory test - no errors
2. Disk check and SFC - no errors

3. Had RAM modules changed

4. Borrowed a hdd from friend and did a fresh install and it still crashed.

5. Used a different Graphics card for testing.

Config: Latest bios and windows 10 up to date. No over clock

Ryzen 3600

B450 MSI Tomahawk

3000 Mh Corsair Vengeance 8 * 2

Zotac 2060 Super

Crusial 240GB SSD

WD 1tb HDD

Corsair CX650 PSU

I am totally out of ideas now and the the shop from whom I had bought the parts from reports no crashes when he tests. I do not believe his testing though. Looking for help.

Thanks!

Crash dump.zip report.html

This is what the error report says: 

Error  
Symptom:
Device drivers are not installed.
Cause: A driver has not been installed for this device preventing it from working properly.
Details: The device driver for PCI Device has not been installed. This device will not be available until the correct device driver is installed.
Resolution: 1. Try installing the drivers using Windows Update.
  2. Install the drivers that are on the installation media that came with the device.

3. Check with the manufacturer for an updated driver.

Please quote or tag me @Void Master,so i can see your reply.

Everyone was a noob at the beginning, don't be discouraged by toxic trolls even if u lose 15 times in a row. Keep training and pushing yourself further and further, so u can show those sorry lots how it's done !

Be a supportive player, and make sure to reflect a good image of the game community you are a part of. 

Don't kick a player unless they willingly want to ruin your experience.

We are the gamer community, we should take care of each other !

24 minutes ago, Vijayk said:

I am totally out of ideas now and the the shop from whom I had bought the parts from reports no crashes when he tests. I do not believe his testing though. Looking for help.

I guess windows update screwed up your drivers.....

Can u provide us with a picture of the BSOD itself ? 

It can provide us with useful information.

But according to my guessing it's should be something related to motherboard and chipset drivers....

Go to the MSI website and grab all the drivers (associated with your motherboard) and install them.

Please quote or tag me @Void Master,so i can see your reply.

Everyone was a noob at the beginning, don't be discouraged by toxic trolls even if u lose 15 times in a row. Keep training and pushing yourself further and further, so u can show those sorry lots how it's done !

Be a supportive player, and make sure to reflect a good image of the game community you are a part of. 

Don't kick a player unless they willingly want to ruin your experience.

We are the gamer community, we should take care of each other !

2 hours ago, Vijayk said:

I am totally out of ideas now and the the shop from whom I had bought the parts from reports no crashes when he tests. I do not believe his testing though. Looking for helpCrash dump.zip 604.18 kB · 1 download report.html 3.49 MB · 1 download

🤔 Yeah, I wouldn't entirely trust the people that work in these stores tech services department either. I've been through it with those people. They don't really do that great of a job narrowing down the problem. I found that they completely over looked the motherboard as the culprit in my case for instance. After looking at all the different dump files, they seem to be related primarily to your CPU in some way and your anti virus program 'Bit Defender'. One of the dump files actually names Bit Defender and its well known to crash computers specifically while gaming. So I would first just disable or uninstall it and see if it solves your issue. If that fails, try running a boot time virus scan using Windows Defender just to be sure you aren't infected, since some of your other dump files says the crash occurred due to what is called a buffer overflow. 

System Specs

• CPU
    AMD Ryzen 7 5800X
  • Motherboard
    Gigabyte AMD X570 Auros Master
  • RAM
    G.Skill Ripjaws 32 GBs
  • GPU
    Red Devil RX 5700XT
  • Case
    Corsair 570X
  • Storage
    Samsung SSD 860 QVO 2TB - HDD Seagate B arracuda 1TB - External Seagate HDD 8TB
  • PSU
    G.Skill RipJaws 1250 Watts
  • Keyboard
    Corsair Gaming Keyboard K55
  • Mouse
    Razer Naga Trinity
  • Operating System
    Windows 10

On 6/4/2020 at 12:58 AM, BlackManINC said:

🤔 Yeah, I wouldn't entirely trust the people that work in these stores tech services department either. I've been through it with those people. They don't really do that great of a job narrowing down the problem. I found that they completely over looked the motherboard as the culprit in my case for instance. After looking at all the different dump files, they seem to be related primarily to your CPU in some way and your anti virus program 'Bit Defender'. One of the dump files actually names Bit Defender and its well known to crash computers specifically while gaming. So I would first just disable or uninstall it and see if it solves your issue. If that fails, try running a boot time virus scan using Windows Defender just to be sure you aren't infected, since some of your other dump files says the crash occurred due to what is called a buffer overflow. 

Tied everything, even removed Bitdefender for a few days, boot time scan - tick. Yesterday I had pulled a friend who works in IT and we spent the night, testing each component by using parts from another system, guess what? It  started carshing on windows installation page!
Only two parts left out were Processor and Motherboard for which we had no spare. Raised an RMA request with AMD and sent the board to service centre. Hopefully, something good comes out.

Bonus: Why I did not trust that shop service guy - He told me they had updated bios to the latest and the system was stable then. I took it back home and bios was NOT the latest.