Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Mr_l7am

Cant update the bios( invaild bios image)

Recommended Posts

Posted · Original PosterOP

So I’ve been trying to update my bios 

to f50 with Q-flash

whenever i try to do so it gives the error (invaild bios image)

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Mr_l7am said:

So I’ve been trying to update my bios 

to f50 with Q-flash

whenever i try to do so it gives the error (invaild bios image)

What BIOS image are you using? 


My Rig: 

CPU: Intel i5 2500k 4 Cores, 4 Threads @ 4.5ghz ( asus uefi regulates BIOS and adjusts it, there is no manual option, so I can't get any higher than 4.5, but I theoretically should be able to get higher once I get a voltage "changeable" mobo

MOBO: Asus P8Z68 LE

RAM: Kingston HyperX Predator 2133mhz ddr3 2x8 16GB

GPU: GTX 980 TI 150+ core, 100-150 ( I forgot )+ mem ( OC ) 

HDD: 500GB 3D MLC Samsung SSD ( soon ) + 2tb 7200rpm Seagate Constellation ES.2 SAS / LSI MegaRaid MR Raid/SAS Controller

CASE: Phanteks P350X

OS: Windows 10 64-bit / Void Linux 

PERIPHERALS: IBM Model M 1984, Logitech G703 Mouse, Logitech G502 Mouse, Philips SHP9500 w/ V-Moda Boom Pro hooked up to my Sony AMP ( forgot model name, to lazy to find out ) 

 

 

 

Laptop: Gateway P-7805u FX 

CPU: 2.26GHz Intel Core 2 Duo P8400 2c/2t

RAM: 8GB DDR2 1066mhz sodimm 

GPU: Nvidia GeForce 9800M GTS

HDD: 320GB 7200rpm hard drive 2.5"

SSD: Kingston A400 250GB SSD

SCREEN: Glossy 16:9 1440x900

OS: Windows XP SP3 / Ubuntu 19.04

PERIPHERALSLogitech G Pro

Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes, info is much appreciated - what mobo (version) and the BIOS version you want to update it to!


... but I'm no expert

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Tan3l6 said:

Yes, info is much appreciated - what mobo (version) and the BIOS version you want to update it to!

F50 seems to be a Gigabyte BIOS version.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Amd/comments/dv9gr1/gigabyte_releases_f50a_bios_amd_agesa_1004_b_for/


Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Xeon X5650 OC'd to 4.2GHz @ 1.35V (courtesy of @XR6)Motherboard: Asus Sabertooth X58 RAM: 4x4GB G.Skill DDR3 1866MHz GPU: Asus RX 570 Strix Storage: WD Blue 1TB and a 128GB Kingston UV400 PSU: EVGA 600B Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: H100i V2, be quiet! Pure Wings 2 (two intake, two exhausting through radiator) Monitor: 3x Dell P2210 on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech G403 Prodigy Wireless Keyboard: It changes, but usually Focus FK-9000 Mousepad: Steelseries QcK XL Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE

 

 

 

 

i use arch btw

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
21 minutes ago, MS-DOS Guy said:

What BIOS image are you using? 

Actually idont know its my first time updating bios

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Mr_l7am said:

Actually idont know its my first time updating bios

You have to know your motherboard and BIOS version before updating.

It's not like bowling.


... but I'm no expert

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Mr_l7am said:

Actually idont know its my first time updating bios

ok well that was truly a bruh moment
I need a litte more insight on what bios verison your going after, for what mobo, i mean anything


My Rig: 

CPU: Intel i5 2500k 4 Cores, 4 Threads @ 4.5ghz ( asus uefi regulates BIOS and adjusts it, there is no manual option, so I can't get any higher than 4.5, but I theoretically should be able to get higher once I get a voltage "changeable" mobo

MOBO: Asus P8Z68 LE

RAM: Kingston HyperX Predator 2133mhz ddr3 2x8 16GB

GPU: GTX 980 TI 150+ core, 100-150 ( I forgot )+ mem ( OC ) 

HDD: 500GB 3D MLC Samsung SSD ( soon ) + 2tb 7200rpm Seagate Constellation ES.2 SAS / LSI MegaRaid MR Raid/SAS Controller

CASE: Phanteks P350X

OS: Windows 10 64-bit / Void Linux 

PERIPHERALS: IBM Model M 1984, Logitech G703 Mouse, Logitech G502 Mouse, Philips SHP9500 w/ V-Moda Boom Pro hooked up to my Sony AMP ( forgot model name, to lazy to find out ) 

 

 

 

Laptop: Gateway P-7805u FX 

CPU: 2.26GHz Intel Core 2 Duo P8400 2c/2t

RAM: 8GB DDR2 1066mhz sodimm 

GPU: Nvidia GeForce 9800M GTS

HDD: 320GB 7200rpm hard drive 2.5"

SSD: Kingston A400 250GB SSD

SCREEN: Glossy 16:9 1440x900

OS: Windows XP SP3 / Ubuntu 19.04

PERIPHERALSLogitech G Pro

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
7 minutes ago, Tan3l6 said:

You have to know your motherboard and BIOS version before updating.

It's not like bowling.

I know these informations about it

 

its gigabyte aorus x470 aultra gaming

 

the bios version is F6

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
23 minutes ago, MS-DOS Guy said:

ok well that was truly a bruh moment
I need a litte more insight on what bios verison your going after, for what mobo, i mean anything

I have the gigabyte aorus x470 ultra gaming 

Current bios version:f6

needed bios version:f50

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Mr_l7am said:

its gigabyte aorus x470 aultra gaming

At F50 BIOS there is written:

Note:
Before updating BIOS to this new version, you MUST follow the steps as detailed under BIOS F40 discription.

 

 

There it says:

 

 

  1. Update AGESA 1.0.0.2 for 3rd Gen AMD Ryzen™ CPU full support

Note:
1. If you are using Q-Flash Utility to update BIOS, make sure you have updated BIOS to F31 before F40
2. Before update BIOS to F40, you have to install EC FW Update Tool (B19.0517.1 or later version) to avoid 4DIMM DDR incompatibility on 3rd Gen AMD Ryzen™ CPU
3. Due to BIOS ROM size limited, NO Bristol Ridge (AMD 7th Gen A-series/ Athlon™ X4 series) APU support.


... but I'm no expert

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
5 hours ago, Tan3l6 said:

At F50 BIOS there is written:

Note:
Before updating BIOS to this new version, you MUST follow the steps as detailed under BIOS F40 discription.

 

 

There it says:

 

 

  1. Update AGESA 1.0.0.2 for 3rd Gen AMD Ryzen™ CPU full support

Note:
1. If you are using Q-Flash Utility to update BIOS, make sure you have updated BIOS to F31 before F40
2. Before update BIOS to F40, you have to install EC FW Update Tool (B19.0517.1 or later version) to avoid 4DIMM DDR incompatibility on 3rd Gen AMD Ryzen™ CPU
3. Due to BIOS ROM size limited, NO Bristol Ridge (AMD 7th Gen A-series/ Athlon™ X4 series) APU support.

Much appreciated thanks a lot

 

i did update the bios now its all done

 

thanks agian.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Newegg

×