(SOLVED )Small 3 inch tall Display for Inside PC Case

SOLVED, I made new thread going off of this using raspberry PI to display temps etc, thanks for help here.

Hey!!!

i al looking to make my pc setup really custom and not just the basic all Corsair pc, I would like to get a small 3 inch tall display (around 3 inches whatever can be found) that can go in the bottom of my case where the power supply and storage is but the plastic cover is over that and then their is about a 1/2 inch gap between the cover and the glass where I was to put this display where I can put temps, logo, rgb display idk!

Sorry I don’t know what the thing is called that wraps around power supply and storage if u need further explanation lmk

i can’t find much online but I don’t know where to look, hdmi, display port would work perfect?

also try to keep price under $40!

hit me with some links 🙂

edit: bonus, if it has a built in os or a program that can run like temps or like corsairs rgb logo without like having to mess with windows os that would be great, also not having to use hdmi or display port so it was its own system if that makes sense

Just now, GetShmokdByWill said:

-Snip-

It all depends on what you want to do. Usually those kind of displays are driven by a microcontroller or SBC to drive the display with input from the main system.

Honestly, if you want something that cheap, you will have to do a lot of effort and legwork to make it work.

6 minutes ago, kkpatel87 said:

It all depends on what you want to do. Usually those kind of displays are driven by a microcontroller or SBC to drive the display with input from the main system.

Honestly, if you want something that cheap, you will have to do a lot of effort and legwork to make it work.

I assumed so, I just added a edit saying I would actually like a more individual display preferably where it does not use windows but can just show pc temps and rgb logos etc, any ideas based on that info?

7 minutes ago, GetShmokdByWill said:

I assumed so, I just added a edit saying I would actually like a more individual display preferably where it does not use windows but can just show pc temps and rgb logos etc, any ideas based on that info?

I don't remember what it's called, but some Googling could probably find it—there's an android app (with a PC companion) to show PC stats including temperatures, etc. You could get a cheap Android phone from your local retailer (think big box store, not phone shop—you don't want to buy a service plan with it, just the phone itself), then either run its charging cable out the back to a USB port or get an internal-to-external USB adapter to plug it in inside the case.

7 minutes ago, GetShmokdByWill said:

Well, like i said in my original reply, you will most likely need a microcontroller (like an arduino or similar) or SBC (Raspberry Pi or similar) to drive a display.

An example that does hardware information would be something like a BeadaPanel that is linked to AIDA64:

Picture 8 of 9

https://www.ebay.com/itm/BeadaPanel-5-LCD-Display-for-AIDA64-USB-Single-Cable-Monitor-WinUSB-SDK-/113907827722?_trksid=p2385738.m4383.l4275.c10&var=414185476736

Or you can create your own that may cost less.

13 minutes ago, GetShmokdByWill said:

There are also a bit more janky options like this:

s-l1600.jpg

https://www.ebay.com/itm/LCDsysinfo-for-GOverlay-USB-2-8-TFT-LCD-Module-gamer-gadget-FPS-Hype-Smartie-/121106592717?_trksid=p2385738.m4383.l4275.c10

Or you can get straight temperature gauges for a readout:

Tenmars TM-185 Large LED Screen Temperature/Humidity Monitor

3 minutes ago, fordy_rounds said:

I don't remember what it's called, but some Googling could probably find it—there's an android app (with a PC companion) to show PC stats including temperatures, etc. You could get a cheap Android phone from your local retailer (think big box store, not phone shop—you don't want to buy a service plan with it, just the phone itself), then either run its charging cable out the back to a USB port or get an internal-to-external USB adapter to plug it in inside the case.

Wow great idea!

i never thought of that, thanks for the idea I will look into it, in fact I may actually have an old android in my house somewhere 😂

4 minutes ago, kkpatel87 said:

Well, like i said in my original reply, you will most likely need a microcontroller (like an arduino or similar) or SBC (Raspberry Pi or similar) to drive a display.

An example that does hardware information would be something like a BeadaPanel that is linked to AIDA64:

Picture 8 of 9

https://www.ebay.com/itm/BeadaPanel-5-LCD-Display-for-AIDA64-USB-Single-Cable-Monitor-WinUSB-SDK-/113907827722?_trksid=p2385738.m4383.l4275.c10&var=414185476736

Or you can create your own that may cost less.

I really like that one, definitely on the expensive side, but does definitely give me a idea on what to be looking for, I looked in similar products and saw a raspberry one for only 25$ so I will look into this one for sure!

3 minutes ago, kkpatel87 said:

There are also a bit more janky options like this:

s-l1600.jpg

https://www.ebay.com/itm/LCDsysinfo-for-GOverlay-USB-2-8-TFT-LCD-Module-gamer-gadget-FPS-Hype-Smartie-/121106592717?_trksid=p2385738.m4383.l4275.c10

Or you can get straight temperature gauges for a readout:

Tenmars TM-185 Large LED Screen Temperature/Humidity Monitor

Ooo, I do like both of these, for the cheaper option the bottom one would work and be easy to handle, the top one is pretty darn cool to especially if you could put other stuff up on it other then stats possibly? I will look into it!