Corsair Vengeance LPX - XMP not working

Hi, 

My system has following specs:

- CPU: 2600X

- MOBO: MSI Gaming pro carbon X370 (I'm on the latest bios 7A32v1NV)
- GPU: ASUS GTX 1070

- RAM: 4x8GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200MHZ (CMK16GX4M2B3200C16)
            off which:
           -2x8GB Samsung K4A8G085WB-BCPB

-2x8GB Hynix H5AN8G8NAFR-TFC

Context:

I build my system originally with 16GB Vengeance ram (the Hynix version). I could run XMP on 3200MHZ, without any problems. In my dad's new system I used the same Ram-kit as in mine, (his system is having some RAM hiccups as well), long story short, I put his RAM-kit in my system.
After the installation of my dad's RAM-kit in my system, I saw that his kit uses Samsung B-dies where mine uses Hynix AFR chips.

Problem: 

When I wanted to put the XMP profile on again in the BIOS, the system power cycled and went back to the "default" 2133mhz. I tried different timings and voltages that I found on the internet, but the highest speed on which the computer would not power cycle and boot is 2800MHZ (16-18-18-38 at 1,35V)

I tried DRAM Calculator in an attempt to find stable timings, however the two memory chips give two different results, so I don't really know how to "combine" the two results in a working fashion. (I tried the kits separately and they do work on 3200MHZ XMP, when they are not mixed).

As attachment, I provided Thaiphoon burner results and the DRAM calculator results I got. 

Does anybody have any ideas to get the ram stable at 3200Mhz? 

Kind regards, 

Andreas 

samsung.png

hynix.png

ramsamsung.html ramhynix.html

Update the bios 

Set your dram voltage to 1.35 

Set your soc voltage to 1.09

Make sure you have then in slot 2 and 4

PC: Motherboard: ASUS B550M TUF-Plus, CPU: Ryzen 3 3100, CPU Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34, GPU: GIGABYTE WindForce GTX1650S, RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 2x8GB 3200 CL16, Case, CoolerMaster MB311L ARGB, Boot Drive: 250GB MX500, Game Drive: WD Blue 1TB 7200RPM HDD.

Peripherals: GK61 (Optical Gateron Red) with Mistel White/Orange keycaps, Logitech G102 (Purple), BitWit Ensemble Grey Deskpad. 

Audio: Logitech G432, Moondrop Starfield, Mic: Razer Siren Mini (White).

Phone: Pixel 3a (Purple-ish).

Build Log: 

set dimm modules to 4 in ryzen calculator and see if that changes anything.

also try to increase soc voltage. you might just be unlucky.

my 2600x refuses to run anything above 2933, even with just 2 modules

@TofuHaroto
I'm already on the newest bios (7A32v1NV), or do you know of a newer one? (It has been awhile since MSI released an update for this bord, and the one I'm running is a beta version). 

I've manually set the DRAM voltage to 1,35V, however it does not help. 

As you can see on the picture is my core voltage well above 1,09V, its on 1,4V ( I don't think it will be stable when I lower it). 

I'm running 4 dimms, so the 4 slots are filled. 

@boggy77

Do I use the Hynix or Samsung as start position? 

The soc voltage is on its own already quite high no?

Thanks for your replies! 
An

IMG_6902.JPG

1 minute ago, SuperAn said:

Do I use the Hynix or Samsung as start position

What do you mean ? 

You can't change dram type lol 

Your ram is most likely hynix

As you can see on the picture is my core voltage well above 1,09V, its on 1,4V

That's core voltage not soc voltage

2 minutes ago, SuperAn said:

Try 1.09

PC: Motherboard: ASUS B550M TUF-Plus, CPU: Ryzen 3 3100, CPU Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34, GPU: GIGABYTE WindForce GTX1650S, RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 2x8GB 3200 CL16, Case, CoolerMaster MB311L ARGB, Boot Drive: 250GB MX500, Game Drive: WD Blue 1TB 7200RPM HDD.

Peripherals: GK61 (Optical Gateron Red) with Mistel White/Orange keycaps, Logitech G102 (Purple), BitWit Ensemble Grey Deskpad. 

Build Log: 

4 minutes ago, SuperAn said:

Do I use the Hynix or Samsung as start position? 

either of them.soc voltage is the second one

@TofuHaroto

That the problem 😜 
Two of the four dimms are Hynix and the other two are Samsung 
I changed the core voltage to 1.1V (its that or 1.0875V), It did not work unfortunately. 

I will play around with the dram calculator for a bit with the "4 module" setting.

Two of the four dimms are Hynix and the other two are Samsung 

Well if the b dies work you can try working on the hynix ones

Hynix memory isn't known for ocing that well and with the imc for zen cpu's it doesn't make it better

Build Log: 

So I tried the the results of the DRAM calculator set for 4 modules. (I left "tRFC" on auto, since I my bios does not have the "tRFC (alt)"option). I tried the results for the Hynix and the Samsung memory, no boot unfortunately even with a DRAM voltage on 1,39V. 

Any other ideas? Reverting back to a bios of January 2019 (version: 7A32v1L, the bios I'm on is supposed to offer "improved OC memory compatibility")

So I tried the the results of the DRAM calculator set for 4 modules. (I left "tRFC" on auto, since I my bios does not have the "tRFC (alt)"option). I tried the results for the Hynix and the Samsung memory, no boot unfortunately even with a DRAM voltage on 1,39V. 

Any other ideas? Reverting back to a bios of January 2019 (version: 7A32v1L, the bios I'm on is supposed to offer "improved OC memory compatibility")

Well then unfortunately I guess it's just a bad imc with bad silicon 

If non of the above worked It could be that you just lost the silicon lottery

Build Log: 

What I do not understand is, that when the modules are used separately, they do work at full 3200Mhz speed. 

How is this possible?

14 hours ago, SuperAn said:

What I do not understand is, that when the modules are used separately, they do work at full 3200Mhz speed. 

How is this possible?

If you have a 1.5 ton car with 300WHP going down the highway at 200KM/H. Won't adding another 1.5 ton change how the car behaves?
Same thing with memory.

14 hours ago, SuperAn said:

How is this possible?

It's probably something with the interconnect and the imc 

Handling 4 sticks with that bandwidth (while still in dual channel ) is too much for zen + to handle 

Build Log: 

@mayhems91 hahaha thanks for the analogy 🤣🤣

@TofuHaroto I will make my peace with it. Its probably better to just use 16gb at 3200 than 32gb at 2666 à 2800 at worse timings. (16gb is plenty for my use at the moment). 

Thank you all for your help!