Desktop and taskbar taking long to load and after loading simple refresh on desktop again takes longer.

Sasas
Go to solution Solved by Nishant Kumar,

I agree with @Jinu. You should try safemode or clean boot your computer to diagnose whether it is a hardware issue or a software issue. If your computer works fine in safemode or in cleanboot then you should turn on the startup services and applications one by one to check which is causing the problem. If your computer acts the same in safemode then it could be a hardware conflicting issue.

Desktop and taskbar taking long to load and after loading simple refresh on desktop again takes longer. I would mention this happened after I upgraded RAM which speed is same as previous ram and compatible. Everything except desktop and taskbar taking long to respond.Task manager shows ram installed.I.e 8gb+4gb=12gb. I think this is windows issue only as I am not getting any lag elsewhere.

8 minutes ago, Sasas said:

Desktop and taskbar taking long to load and after loading simple refresh on desktop again takes longer. I would mention this happened after I upgraded RAM which speed is same as previous ram and compatible. Everything except desktop and taskbar taking long to respond.Task manager shows ram installed.I.e 8gb+4gb=12gb. I think this is windows issue only as I am not getting any lag elsewhere.

SSD or HDD?

Reminder⚠️

I'm just speaking from experience so what I say may not work 100%

Please try searching up the answer before you post here but I am always glad to help

21 minutes ago, Kanna said:

SSD or HDD?

HDD.

Just now, Sasas said:

HDD.

Might be the problem

Reminder⚠️

Please try searching up the answer before you post here but I am always glad to help

3 minutes ago, Kanna said:

Might be the problem

You may be right. But there was no issue before ram upgrade. 

Just now, Sasas said:

You may be right. But there was no issue before ram upgrade. 

May be the unmatched ram

Reminder⚠️

Check this behavior after booting windows in safe mode. This will identify it as a software issue, some driver or software conflict .

I agree with @Jinu. You should try safemode or clean boot your computer to diagnose whether it is a hardware issue or a software issue. If your computer works fine in safemode or in cleanboot then you should turn on the startup services and applications one by one to check which is causing the problem. If your computer acts the same in safemode then it could be a hardware conflicting issue.

53 minutes ago, Nishant Kumar said:

Just a check if all goes well in safe mode which it did.And then normal boot corrected it somehow.How can just a safe mode boot restart and normal boot correct it automatically? Anyway thanks It's solved.

31 minutes ago, Sasas said:

Just a check if all goes well in safe mode which it did.And then normal boot corrected it somehow.How can just a safe mode boot restart and normal boot correct it automatically? Anyway thanks It's solved.

Glad to know that your issue has been resolved. Safemode is only a diagnosis, not a solution. Clean boot part is the solution. Sometimes it happens while updating windows, make sure your Windows is not updating at that time.