PSU Cap Discharge / Motherboard + Graphics LEDs Blinking

iostr33m

Hi,

I've recently upgraded my PC, installing a new Super Flower SF-850F14HG PSU as well as a Gigabyte RTX 2070 Super Gaming OC Graphics Card. I have a MSI x470 Gaming Plus mainboard / Ryzen 2700X.

Issue is this: with the new PSU installed and when computer is shut down, two LEDs - one above each of the 8/6-pin power ports on the graphics card blink continuously (abnormal power supply?) and the mainboard also has some LEDs lit (near ATX connector and memory modules). It's now been switched off at the wall power outlet for nearly 3 hours and the LEDs are still lit / flashing; power lead still attached.

When the machine is powered up, the graphic card LEDs switch off.

It looks like capacitors are not discharging, is this PSU faulty?

If the power cable is disconnected from the power supply then it's not possible for something to stay on, unless some other device you have connected to the PC is feeding back power into it.

If the power cable is connected then standby power is present and it's common for mobos to leave LEDs on or stuff by default.

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2