I need some WIFI PCIe card recommendation that is AFFORDABLE for online gaming

Hey guys, i'm planning on building another PC to game in my bedroom and it's just a burnden to run the ethenet cable all the way up from my living room to my new pc. So I'm considering a wifi PCIe card. I'm looking at the TP-LINK ARCHER T4E - AC1200 WIRELESS DUAL BAND PCI EXPRESS ADAPTER which the price is very affordable for me considering the money that i have left from spending it all on my new build. Is the TP Link ac1200 good enough to game with? If not, what's other option that is affordable and does not rip my wallet apart? Thank you in advance guys!

If you're playing online games with other people you really should not be using WiFi. If you have a slow connection it will affect the experience of everyone else in the server.

There's a few alternatives...

1) A set of Ethernet over Power plugs which will send the Ethernet signal over your houses power lines. These tend to have some latency penalty but are still better than WiFi however these only work if both plugs are connected to the same mains ring in your house. If your house has multiple rings then they'll only work for plugs connected to the same ring.

2) Run something like Steam Link/Moonlight to stream the game from your main PC to the second PC. You'll still get latency but it will only affect you however the biggest drawback of this solution is your main PC will need to be running for you to stream from it.

The speed you will get over WiFi is much more dependant on your Router/Access Point than it is on the receiver.

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

Get a long ethernet cable, not wifi.

You can get flat white ones that you can hide along walls or under carpet.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020