9600k vs 9600kf

Hi, so I’m looking to upgrade my pc and I want to change my cpu out from a 8100 to a 9600k and while I was scrolling through amazon there was a 9600kf and I was wondering if this would work fine in a normal system or not as I had a quick look and it seemed to me that the only difference was no integrated graphics chip but I’m not sure if there are any other differences?

3 minutes ago, 5M1FFY5 said:

Hi, so I’m looking to upgrade my pc and I want to change my cpu out from a 8100 to a 9600k and while I was scrolling through amazon there was a 9600kf and I was wondering if this would work fine in a normal system or not as I had a quick look and it seemed to me that the only difference was no integrated graphics chip but I’m not sure if there are any other differences?

KF comes with free fried chicken.

It's just a "cutdown" version of the same processor without iGPU, which should have reduced the cost of the unit at launch by about 20$. Might be a slightly better overclocked because of this lack too, but probably not really. 

1 minute ago, 3rrant said:

KF comes with free fried chicken.

It's just a "cutdown" version of the same processor without iGPU, which should have reduced the cost of the unit at launch by about 20$. Might be a slightly better overclocked because of this lack too, but probably not really. 

Thanks sounds great there is a price drop of £40 for me which is around $50

2 minutes ago, 5M1FFY5 said:

Thanks sounds great there is a price drop of £40 for me which is around $50

Go for it then if you have a discrete gpu

3 minutes ago, TrigrH said:

3300x and a B450 motherboard might be a cheaper option.

I agree but in OP'S case they already have an LGA 1151 board so they might as well use it 

PC: Motherboard: ASUS B550M TUF-Plus, CPU: Ryzen 3 3100, CPU Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34, GPU: GIGABYTE WindForce GTX1650S, RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 2x8GB 3200 CL16, Case, CoolerMaster MB311L ARGB, Boot Drive: 250GB MX500, Game Drive: WD Blue 1TB 7200RPM HDD.

Peripherals: GK61 (Optical Gateron Red) with Mistel White/Orange keycaps, Logitech G102 (Purple), BitWit Ensemble Grey Deskpad. 

Audio: Logitech G432, Moondrop Starfield, Mic: Razer Siren Mini (White).

Phone: Pixel 3a (Purple-ish).

Build Log: