Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
MrTralala

Sell now and wait?

Recommended Posts

Posted · Original PosterOP

Situation: Currently I have an i7-8700k and GTX 1080. I mostly been playing CS:GO, GTA V and Overwatch. I'm hoping when Cyberpunk 2077 comes out, I'll be able to play it at 1080p 144hz RTX ON. There are also a few other games I'd like to play/revisit in the future like Dying Light 2, The Division 2, Final Fantasy XV, etc. With that said,

 

Idea: I'm thinking of selling my gpu and maybe even one of my monitors (it's using DVI Dual link and I heard that newer gpus don't really support that anymore?) now before the price drop hits. During this gruesome few months of waiting for Nvidia/AMD's new line of gpus to drop, I'll just make do with the integrated gpu.

 

Thoughts?

Link to post
Share on other sites

If you're waiting for CyberPunk, you might as well wait and grab a 3000 series Nvidia card when they come out.

They'll be leaps and bounds better at RTX than the 2000 series.


Current PC:

Spoiler

*WORK IN PROGRESS*

 

Mothballed PC:

Spoiler

 

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
1 minute ago, dizmo said:

If you're waiting for CyberPunk, you might as well wait and grab a 3000 series Nvidia card when they come out.

They'll be leaps and bounds better at RTX than the 2000 series.

Please read the main post before posting. That is exactly what I want to do. The only problem now is should I sell my gpu or can I wait a little longer on selling it without a noticeable drop in price.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, MrTralala said:

Please read the main post before posting. That is exactly what I want to do. The only problem now is should I sell my gpu or can I wait a little longer on selling it without a noticeable drop in price.

You won't save that much money by gimping your system for a few months. I wouldn't see it as worth it.

Now, if $50 - $75 is a lot of money to you, and you don't care about having a gimped system, maybe consider it.


Current PC:

Spoiler

*WORK IN PROGRESS*

 

Mothballed PC:

Spoiler

 

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×