Upgrading current side pc

Kanna

Budget: 2000kr

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Minecraft, Emulators, CSGO, 1080p youtube

Other details: I have a GTX 960 2GB, 160GB HDD, 450w prebuilt old psu. I only need a 120GB ssd m.2/sata doesn’t matter want a new chassi, 8GB ram. If lower money can be spent please do so (This all might not be possible with my budget) Of not possible in the given budget what parts van i buy?

Reminder⚠️

I'm just speaking from experience so what I say may not work 100%

Please try searching up the answer before you post here but I am always glad to help

I wouldn't go with anything under a 500gb ssd as 250 and below are not very good values per GB. I mean the difference between 500 and 250 is small and the difference between 120 and 250 is even smaller. 

14 minutes ago, Brooksie359 said:

I wouldn't go with anything under a 500gb ssd as 250 and below are not very good values per GB. I mean the difference between 500 and 250 is small and the difference between 120 and 250 is even smaller. 

The PC is mostly going te be used as a Homer streaming so size of the boot driver doesn't really matter

Reminder⚠️

I'm just speaking from experience so what I say may not work 100%

Please try searching up the answer before you post here but I am always glad to help

-= Topic moved to New Builds and Planning =-

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

There you go...

PCPartPicker Part List

Memory: Kingston 8 GB (1 x 8 GB) DDR3-1600 CL11 Memory  (kr500.72 @ CDON SE) 
Storage: Kingston A400 240 GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  (kr499.00 @ CDON SE) 
Case: KOLINK STRONGHOLD ATX Mid Tower Case  (kr490.00 @ CDON SE) 
Total: kr1489.72
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2020-06-04 07:33 CEST+0200

If ur motherboard is micro ATX form factor, then u can go with this case as well...

https://se.pcpartpicker.com/product/Pdprxr/deepcool-matrexx-30-microatx-mini-tower-case-matrexx-30

Also, 120gb Kingston a400 SSD is available for kr349 whereas 240gb is available for kr499. Went with the latter one. Though I will still link the 120gb varient if u wanna buy that.

https://se.pcpartpicker.com/product/2FDzK8/kingston-a400-120gb-25-solid-state-drive-sa400s37120g

Also, you can get the ram cheaper, if u get it used locally or from sites like eBay.

SSD TIER LIST

CPU - Ryzen 7 3700X

Mobo - ASRock X470 Taichi

Memory - G.Skill Trident Z RGB (8x2 3200MHz) 

Storage - Sabrent Rocket 1TB - Seagate Barracuda 2TBWD Black 1TB

GPU - MSI GeForce GTX 980Ti LIGHTNING

CaseFractal Design Meshify C

PSUSuper Flower Leadex II Gold 650W