Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Kanna

Upgrading current side pc

Posted · Original PosterOP

Budget: 2000kr

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Minecraft, Emulators, CSGO, 1080p youtube

Other details: I have a GTX 960 2GB, 160GB HDD, 450w prebuilt old psu. I only need a 120GB ssd m.2/sata doesn’t matter want a new chassi, 8GB ram. If lower money can be spent please do so (This all might not be possible with my budget) Of not possible in the given budget what parts van i buy?

Reminder⚠️

I'm just speaking from experience so what I say may not work 100%

Please try searching up the answer before you post here but I am always glad to help

I wouldn't go with anything under a 500gb ssd as 250 and below are not very good values per GB. I mean the difference between 500 and 250 is small and the difference between 120 and 250 is even smaller. 

Posted · Original PosterOP
14 minutes ago, Brooksie359 said:

I wouldn't go with anything under a 500gb ssd as 250 and below are not very good values per GB. I mean the difference between 500 and 250 is small and the difference between 120 and 250 is even smaller. 

The PC is mostly going te be used as a Homer streaming so size of the boot driver doesn't really matter

Reminder⚠️

I'm just speaking from experience so what I say may not work 100%

Please try searching up the answer before you post here but I am always glad to help

-= Topic moved to New Builds and Planning =-

Tech News Posting Guidelines - READ BEFORE POSTING | Community Standards | Forum Staff

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ | F@H Contribution | My Rig | Project Steamroller

Spoiler

†  

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "the best way to learn is to teach" ~ Benjamin Jantz

I am a StarCitizen are you? My ships: Aegis Eclipse, Aegis Sabre, Aegis Gladius, Aopoa Nox, KI P52 Merlin, KI P72 Archimedes and the RSI Constellation Aquila.

My Phones are a Nokia Lumia 925 with WM10 and a Microsoft Lumia 950 XL with WM10 running the Fast Ring insider updates. Broke :(

Samsung Note 9 and a Samsung S9+

About Myself:   https://linustechtips.com/main/profile/229093-sansvarnic/?tab=field_core_pfield_46

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

There you go...

PCPartPicker Part List

Memory: Kingston 8 GB (1 x 8 GB) DDR3-1600 CL11 Memory  (kr500.72 @ CDON SE) 
Storage: Kingston A400 240 GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  (kr499.00 @ CDON SE) 
Case: KOLINK STRONGHOLD ATX Mid Tower Case  (kr490.00 @ CDON SE) 
Total: kr1489.72
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2020-06-04 07:33 CEST+0200

If ur motherboard is micro ATX form factor, then u can go with this case as well...

https://se.pcpartpicker.com/product/Pdprxr/deepcool-matrexx-30-microatx-mini-tower-case-matrexx-30

Also, 120gb Kingston a400 SSD is available for kr349 whereas 240gb is available for kr499. Went with the latter one. Though I will still link the 120gb varient if u wanna buy that.

https://se.pcpartpicker.com/product/2FDzK8/kingston-a400-120gb-25-solid-state-drive-sa400s37120g

Also, you can get the ram cheaper, if u get it used locally or from sites like eBay.

SSD TIER LIST

PRIMARY PC

Ryzen 7 3700X - ASRock X470 Taichi - G.Skill Trident Z RGB (8x2 3200MHz) - Sabrent Rocket 1TB - Seagate Barracuda 2TB - MSI GeForce GTX980Ti LIGHTNING - Fractal Design Meshify C - Super Flower Leadex ll Gold 650 Watt

SECONDARY PC

Xeon X5680 - Asus SABERTOOTH X58 - Crucial (4x2 1333MHz) - Crucial MX500 500GB - Sapphire RX580 Pulse - Cougar MX330 - EVGA SuperNOVA G2 650 Watt

LAPTOP

Acer Nitro 5 - 7300HQ - 16GB DDR4 2133MHz - GTX 1050Ti - Intel 600p Series 256GB - Samsung 860 Evo 1TB