really in need of help with temps

Ashhez

just built a new system today which icludes a ryzen 9 3900x a 2080 super im cooling my cpu with a corsair h100i platinum when idle or just opening chrome and browsing youtube my temps are jumping between 40 and 60 degrees. is this normal? most people are saying they are somewere in the 30's . my temps seem to be jumping a lot and they go up to 50 then start dropping down to 40 when they get to 40 they jump back up. my pc has shut down twice while playing warzone for only a few matches i have set all my fan speeds to max ive re applies thermal paste. are these normal idle temps? my voltage is jumping around between .9v and 1.4v. anything you have for me will help. thanks!

The idle temps can be ambient air temp differences, for example 30-40c heat in Australia means that you cant get lower than those temps, you cant get lower than the ambient air used to cool unless you start chilling

26 minutes ago, Ashhez said:

my pc has shut down twice while playing warzone for only a few matches i have set all my fan speeds to max ive re applies thermal paste. are these normal idle temps?

What are the temperatures when youre actually playing warzone? if its suddenly shutting down it could be power more than temps, the max temp of the 3900x is 95c and you will see throttling when you hit that, not shutdowns

CPU: i5-4690k @ 4.4 GHz | RAM: 12GB DDR3 1333MHz | GPU: Sapphire Pulse RX 580 4GB 

Fluctuation like that sometimes means an imperfect paste job.  Sometimes not.   It could just be an aggressive boost clock and you’ve got more running on idle than you think you do.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

21 minutes ago, DakotaWebber said:

The idle temps can be ambient air temp differences, for example 30-40c heat in Australia means that you cant get lower than those temps, you cant get lower than the ambient air used to cool unless you start chilling

What are the temperatures when youre actually playing warzone? if its suddenly shutting down it could be power more than temps, the max temp of the 3900x is 95c and you will see throttling when you hit that, not shutdowns

i just changed a few things and the temps were good now. stuck around 66 sometimes spiked up to 70-74 but after finishing a game or watching a cut scene the temps would get up to 80... weird lol everything seems to be working a lot better than it was and my idle temps are stuck around 40-55

Just now, Ashhez said:

i just changed a few things and the temps were good now. on warzone stuck around 66 sometimes spiked up to 70-74 but after finishing a game or watching a cut scene the temps would get up to 80... weird lol on farcry new dawn stayed between  72-74. everything seems to be working a lot better than it was and my idle temps are stuck around 40-55