Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
mrdoubtfull

Which Good Wireless Headset 4 Gaming? Virtuoso vs Elite Atlas Areo?

Posted · Original PosterOP

I'm trying to buy a wireless gaming headset and I don't care about the mic at all and prefer it to be detachable. I mostly play competitive games, if that matters. 

I'm sure it's not even a big deal but I always find myself searching for validation before I buy something. Headphones are something I know nothing about and I currently use a Corsair HS60 (wired) but I move around a lot between matches and I hate the fucking cord lol. 

I picked about three options that I can pickup without shipping and am hoping one of them are good enough.. And curious if you guys have any experience with them.. I would buy online if you can convince me there's something better (is the Arctis 7 worth shipping?).

Corsair Virtuoso SE, HyperX CloudX Flight (S), and the Turtle Beach Elite Atlas Aero. 

Which of these 3 would you recommend and why? I'm leaning heavily towards the Turtle Beach after watching YouTube videos and seeing Timmy Joe recommend them (not sure if that means much lol) over the Virtuoso, but I really like that the Corsair uses Type C.. 

Any help or other recommendations would great! Thanks! 

Now I don't like gaming headsets anymore. Once I discovered studio headphones there was no going back. I thought surround sound headsets were cool and sounded the best but I was wrong. Stereo headphones has better imaging and just a better sound overall. So get a good pair of headphones and a modmic. I would recommend a modmic + the dt 770 pro 80 ohm. (Must be 80 ohm). Most popular amongst gamers I think. Btw no stupid rgb or surround sound. If you want surround you can download software for it.

PM or DM me if you have any questions about audio or about your PC.

My pc specs

CPU > Intel core i7 9700k, GPU > RTX 2070 8gb, RAM > Corsair Vengance 2x8gb, Motherboard > Z390 Gigabyte Aorus Pro Wifi, Storage > 1TB HDD & 500gb M2 SSD, Cooling > H100I Corsair Platinum, PSU > Corsair RM750X V2

🎧Current Audio Setup For Gaming🎧

DT 990 pro 250ohm

Soundblaster AE-9 Soundcard

Other peripherals

Keyboard > Razer Chroma v2 Orange Switches

Mouse > Logitech G502 Hero

If you are on a budget the hyperX cloud 2 or logitech g pro X are pretty good aswell.

PM or DM me if you have any questions about audio or about your PC.

My pc specs

CPU > Intel core i7 9700k, GPU > RTX 2070 8gb, RAM > Corsair Vengance 2x8gb, Motherboard > Z390 Gigabyte Aorus Pro Wifi, Storage > 1TB HDD & 500gb M2 SSD, Cooling > H100I Corsair Platinum, PSU > Corsair RM750X V2

🎧Current Audio Setup For Gaming🎧

DT 990 pro 250ohm

Soundblaster AE-9 Soundcard

Other peripherals

Keyboard > Razer Chroma v2 Orange Switches

Mouse > Logitech G502 Hero

Posted · Original PosterOP
8 hours ago, Tigerleon said:

Now I don't like gaming headsets anymore. Once I discovered studio headphones there was no going back. I thought surround sound headsets were cool and sounded the best but I was wrong. Stereo headphones has better imaging and just a better sound overall. So get a good pair of headphones and a modmic. I would recommend a modmic + the dt 770 pro 80 ohm. (Must be 80 ohm). Most popular amongst gamers I think. Btw no stupid rgb or surround sound. If you want surround you can download software for it.

Thanks for the reply! The problem with audiophile headphones is that they're Bluetooth and from the research I've briefly done, it introduces more latency than 2.4ghz wireless. That's my only concern. I absolutely want wireless. 

BUT, I did find two good gaming headsets made by audiophile companies, that's 2.4ghz, but since I've never used them I'm not sure if they're worth waiting for shipping over just grabbing a good gaming set from Best Buy. The ones I can afford are the Audio Technica ATH G1WL and Sennheiser GSP 370. Both of those use 2.4ghz and are supposedly really good head phones.. But again, do I really need them? 

Are there other options?