Weird Results from HDTUNE with NEW NVME M.2 SSD

So guys, I recently cloned an old intel SATA SSD to a WD Blue SN550 NVME drive. I then placed the drive into a PCIE 3.0 adapter, from M.2 to PCIE 3.0x4, and then I plugged that into my Asus Maximus 6 Formula motherboard. After that was done I ran TRIM on the NVME drive and then ran HDTUNE bench mark and got this...

So what happened?

is this okay.jpg

Hmm, that is strange. The drive is only rated for 950 MB/s (SLC sequential write) at that capacity due to its denser flash although technically it can spike up to 1250 MB/s, the TLC speeds should be in the 250-300 MB/s range. The SLC is static and probably ~6GB in size. Normally in HD Tune (possibly need Pro) I run "Full test" at maximum "Accurate" with a 128 KB block size to test the SLC response.

15 hours ago, NewMaxx said:

Hmm, that is strange. The drive is only rated for 950 MB/s (SLC sequential write) at that capacity due to its denser flash although technically it can spike up to 1250 MB/s, the TLC speeds should be in the 250-300 MB/s range. The SLC is static and probably ~6GB in size. Normally in HD Tune (possibly need Pro) I run "Full test" at maximum "Accurate" with a 128 KB block size to test the SLC response.

I upgraded to a Gigabyte Aorus Elite 570 which supports NVME drives natively, and ran the test again, same result. I ran the test your way though, and instead of the lows being at 300MBPS, the lows were 500. 

Here is my result for the 1TB SKU. That version actually has a 12.5GB SLC which I graphed here if you want to test it on yours (it should be 1/4th that on the 250GB SKU). You can see from AnandTech's results for the 250GB SN500 - which should be faster since the flash is less dense - that it still doesn't hit your speeds. Seems like some sort of caching is going on or something else.