Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ThePUNisher96

Got my First Build done about a Week Ago!

Posted · Original PosterOP

CPU: R5 3600

RAM: G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3600 mhz

Motherboard: Gigabyte B450 Aorus Pro Wifi

SSDs:

1) Sabrent Rocket 512 GB NVme (boot drive and game storage)

2) Silicon Power A55 1TB SATA SSD (game storage)

HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2 TB (overflow storage)

GPU: RTX 2060 Super

Case: Fractal Design Focus G

Power Supply: Corsair CX 2017 650 Watt Non-Modular Bronze

Optical Drive:   LG WH14NS40 Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer

The optical drive is mainly a result of me having DVDs and having had a bad experience with the external optical drive I bought for my laptop. I also don't like having only 512 GB to start with so that's why I went with all the extra storage. If I could redo this, I probably would have made sure to spend the extra on a modular power supply for easier cable management. I know my cable management isn't the best but it's not Verge level so I've got that going for me at least.  

PC_Front.jpg

PC_Side.jpg

13 hours ago, ThePUNisher96 said:

-snip-

Hi there!

Looks like you put a lot of effort into it. Typically in Build Logs, details surrounding the progression you made through the build process and discussing any difficulties and custom items would be appreciated. I am sure you spent some time on it and sharing the details shows off your effort as well as provides a true "log". 

Looking forward to what you do next!

Hi! If you ever need some structural, mechanical or electrical design/build help on your new rig, send me a PM and ill try and help you out!

Posted · Original PosterOP
20 minutes ago, kkpatel87 said:

Hi there!

Looks like you put a lot of effort into it. Typically in Build Logs, details surrounding the progression you made through the build process and discussing any difficulties and custom items would be appreciated. I am sure you spent some time on it and sharing the details shows off your effort as well as provides a true "log". 

Looking forward to what you do next!

In terms of difficulties, I had a Noctua NH-U12S cooler that I tried for 2.5 hours to install but couldn't so I gave up on that and ended up just going with the AMD stock cooler. The overall build took me ~8 hours to do +  a couple extra hours for initial setup of the PC.