Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
noiceFTW

Budget RGB PC Case?

Posted · Original PosterOP

I'm looking for a good budget pc case that is under 100 dollars. I would lovd for it to have rgb on it as well. Also I was wondering if i am able to buy any case, or do I have to buy a case with matching ports on my motherboard?

(I am new to pc parts and building)

8 minutes ago, noiceFTW said:

I'm looking for a good budget pc case that is under 100 dollars. I would lovd for it to have rgb on it as well. Also I was wondering if i am able to buy any case, or do I have to buy a case with matching ports on my motherboard?

(I am new to pc parts and building)

Yes, you need to make sure that your case's IO, your motherboard has the connections for your case's IO and for any other things like fans, RGB, etc. Make sure your motherboard has the right number of USB connections, RGB headers, fan headers, and any other things supported by your case that you will use. Remember, 1 usb header supports two usb's on the case's IO if you use a usb splitter, and same for fan headers

As far as choosing a case, I really like the Thermaltake V200, and it's just 80 bucks, and a really good case. If you are a bit lenient with your cash, the MSI Gungnir 100 costs 110 on amazon, and is also very very good. Both of them have RGB. I personally don't like RGB because I use my PC as a workstation, but those are great RGB cases for the money. Get the Thermaltake V200, as you want something under 100

Posted · Original PosterOP
19 minutes ago, dabossboy said:

Yes, you need to make sure that your case's IO, your motherboard has the connections for your case's IO and for any other things like fans, RGB, etc. Make sure your motherboard has the right number of USB connections, RGB headers, fan headers, and any other things supported by your case that you will use. Remember, 1 usb header supports two usb's on the case's IO if you use a usb splitter, and same for fan headers

Thank you for the recommendations. As for the USB splitter that you mentioned,  is that something that comes with the parts or wouId I need to order it separately?