Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
se7enek

Upgraded PC yet getting 0 fps drops in certain games

Recommended Posts

Posted · Original PosterOP

Hello all.

First of all, im pretty newbie in terms of any pc component/specifications stuff, however i feel that very disappointing to have 0 fps drops in certain games with recently upgraded hardware.

 

Intel Core i7-9700K
Gigabyte Z390 GAMING X
Patriot Viper DDR4 16GB (2x8GB) 3733MHz CL17
Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER Gaming OC 8GB
Adata XPG SX8200 PRO M.2 NVMe PCIe 512GB
Seasonic PRIME GX-750 80Plus Platinum 750W
be quiet! Dark Rock PRO 4

 

When i open game called: "Path of Exile" (didnt test too much on other games, cuz its my 2nd day), i started having 0 fps drops.

I understand that this game's optimization is far from perfect, however even then, i shouldnt be freezing that much.

Friends with similar hardware, or some with worse ones dont experience similar issues, so i decided to search for answer.

 

Movie showing what i mean: (14s-ish+)

https://streamable.com/27bbz8

 

 

What i tried so far:

- Stress-Tests with FurMark (to check gpu)

- 4 hours OCCT (to check cpu)

- CrystalDiskInfo (to check disks)

- didnt try ramtest but asked shop to "borrow" me other RAM (Goodram 32GB (2x16GB) 3600MHz IRDM PRO CL17)

- Turning off Vsync, while setting 60fps either in game or in nvidia panel as "limit"
- Switching to different XMP for Ram (mostly lowering it down from 3600)

 

Im pretty running out of ideas.

Here is my dxdiag, i can add any more data but im just so fkin lost ;(

https://pastebin.com/iKmFiP9R

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, se7enek said:

Hello all.

First of all, im pretty newbie in terms of any pc component/specifications stuff, however i feel that very disappointing to have 0 fps drops in certain games with recently upgraded hardware.

 


Intel Core i7-9700K
Gigabyte Z390 GAMING X
Patriot Viper DDR4 16GB (2x8GB) 3733MHz CL17
Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER Gaming OC 8GB
Adata XPG SX8200 PRO M.2 NVMe PCIe 512GB
Seasonic PRIME GX-750 80Plus Platinum 750W
be quiet! Dark Rock PRO 4

 

When i open game called: "Path of Exile" (didnt test too much on other games, cuz its my 2nd day), i started having 0 fps drops.

I understand that this game's optimization is far from perfect, however even then, i shouldnt be freezing that much.

Friends with similar hardware, or some with worse ones dont experience similar issues, so i decided to search for answer.

 

Movie showing what i mean: (14s-ish+)

https://streamable.com/27bbz8

 

 

What i tried so far:

- Stress-Tests with FurMark (to check gpu)

- 4 hours OCCT (to check cpu)

- CrystalDiskInfo (to check disks)

- didnt try ramtest but asked shop to "borrow" me other RAM (Goodram 32GB (2x16GB) 3600MHz IRDM PRO CL17)

- Turning off Vsync, while setting 60fps either in game or in nvidia panel as "limit"
- Switching to different XMP for Ram (mostly lowering it down from 3600)

 

Im pretty running out of ideas.

Here is my dxdiag, i can add any more data but im just so fkin lost ;(

https://pastebin.com/iKmFiP9R

 

What system were you running before?

 

Did you reinstall Windows, or did you just swap the drive into the new system?

 

Have you installed all the latest drivers?, including

  • Motherboard chipset drivers
  • Ethernet drivers
  • GPU drivers

Did you enable XMP in the motherboard BIOS?

The RAM will default to DDR4-2133, unless you enable XMP in the motherboard BIOS to run at rated frequency.


Intel Z390 Rig ( *NEW* Primary )

Intel X99 Rig (Officially Decommissioned, Dead CPU returned to Intel)

  • i7-8086K @ 5.1 GHz (still tweaking) -- i7-6800K
  • Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master -- ASUS X99 Deluxe
  • Sapphire NITRO+ RX 5700 XT Special Edition -- 2x Sapphire NITRO R9-Fury in Crossfire
  • 32GB G.Skill TridentZ DDR4-3000 CL14 (16GB TridentZ RGB + 16GB Red/Black TridentZ)
  • SanDisk 480 GB SSD + 1TB Samsung 860 EVO + 1TB Intel 660p NVMe
  • EVGA SuperNOVA 850W P2 + Red/White CableMod Cables
  • Phanteks Enthoo Luxe Tempered Glass Edition
  • Ekwb Custom loop
  • Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum + Corsair K70 (Red LED, anodized black, Cheery MX Browns)

Intel Z97 Rig (Secondary)

  • Intel i5-4690K 4.8 GHz
  • ASUS ROG Maximus VII Hero Z97
  • Sapphire Vapor-X HD 7950 EVGA GTX 1070 SC Black Edition ACX 3.0
  • 20 GB (8GB X 2 + 4GB X 1) Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600 MHz
  • Corsair A50 air cooler  NZXT X61
  • Crucial MX500 1TB SSD + SanDisk Ultra II 240GB SSD + WD Caviar Black 1TB HDD + Kingston V300 120GB SSD [non-gimped version]
  • Antec New TruePower 550W EVGA G2 650W + White CableMod cables
  • Cooler Master HAF 912 White NZXT S340 Elite w/ white LED stips

AMD 990FX Rig (Decommissioned)

  • FX-8350 @ 4.8 / 4.9 GHz (given up on the 5.0 / 5.1 GHz attempt)
  • ASUS ROG Crosshair V Formula 990FX
  • 12 GB (4 GB X 3) G.Skill RipJawsX DDR3 @ 1866 MHz
  • Sapphire Vapor-X HD 7970 + Sapphire Dual-X HD 7970 in Crossfire  Sapphire NITRO R9-Fury in Crossfire *NONE*
  • Thermaltake Frio w/ Cooler Master JetFlo's in push-pull
  • Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD + Kingston V300 120GB SSD + WD Caviar Black 1TB HDD
  • Corsair TX850 (ver.1)
  • Cooler Master HAF 932

 

<> Electrical Engineer , B.Eng <>

<> Electronics & Computer Engineering Technologist (Diploma + Advanced Diploma) <>

<> Electronics Engineering Technician for the Canadian Department of National Defence <>

Link to post
Share on other sites

Did you try ddu ?

And what about temps ?


My favorite case is the mechify c and it is the best case and if you say otherwise you're lying 

 

@TofuHaroto so I can see your post 

 

 

I seek to max the letter count on every ... Single ... Site 

only the bravest are capable of such mission

 

Spoiler

Hi

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP

Movie basically shows temps, and its never moer than 65Celsius.

No didnt try ddu, will try it soon.

 

Also tried:

- downgrading GPU drivers (from the newest ones that were released 27th may)

- disabling audio in game (heard that some ppl encounter problems when sounds on)

 

All drivers installed, bios flashed to newest one too

 

Yes, 3600Mhz worked fine, 3733 did crash couple times whole pc so i did go back to 3600, even tried going back to 2133 (default) but everytime effect is same.

 

I bought Disk as well, so everything is pretty fresh install.

Now its Windows10 64bit Home.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, se7enek said:

Yes, 3600Mhz worked fine, 3733 did crash couple times whole pc so i did go back to 3600, even tried going back to 2133 (default) but everytime effect is same.

Update the bios 

Intel's cpu's have really good imc it should not have a hard time getting to that 


My favorite case is the mechify c and it is the best case and if you say otherwise you're lying 

 

@TofuHaroto so I can see your post 

 

 

I seek to max the letter count on every ... Single ... Site 

only the bravest are capable of such mission

 

Spoiler

Hi

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
2 minutes ago, se7enek said:

Movie basically shows temps, and its never moer than 65Celsius.

No didnt try ddu, will try it soon.

 

Also tried:

- downgrading GPU drivers (from the newest ones that were released 27th may)

- disabling audio in game (heard that some ppl encounter problems when sounds on)

 

All drivers installed, bios flashed to newest one too

 

Yes, 3600Mhz worked fine, 3733 did crash couple times whole pc so i did go back to 3600, even tried going back to 2133 (default) but everytime effect is same.

 

I bought Disk as well, so everything is pretty fresh install.

Now its Windows10 64bit Home.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, se7enek said:

 

You have to quote us so we can see your reply ;)


My favorite case is the mechify c and it is the best case and if you say otherwise you're lying 

 

@TofuHaroto so I can see your post 

 

 

I seek to max the letter count on every ... Single ... Site 

only the bravest are capable of such mission

 

Spoiler

Hi

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Its not the Games fault. That i know. My PC is slower and PoE runs on max settings in 1440p flawless.


CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GSP 500 SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 2x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP

oh sorry, im so disappointed with that, not sure what to do

 

quoted myself: 😜

All drivers installed, bios flashed to newest one too

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, se7enek said:

oh sorry, im so disappointed with that, not sure what to do

 

quoted myself: 😜

All drivers installed, bios flashed to newest one too

I guess for now try ddu 


My favorite case is the mechify c and it is the best case and if you say otherwise you're lying 

 

@TofuHaroto so I can see your post 

 

 

I seek to max the letter count on every ... Single ... Site 

only the bravest are capable of such mission

 

Spoiler

Hi

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP

by ddu u mean Display Driver Uninstaller?

If so, what do you want me to do? Uninstall graphic driver and what next? :D

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, se7enek said:

by ddu u mean Display Driver Uninstaller?

If so, what do you want me to do? Uninstall graphic driver and what next? :D

Use it in safe mode 

Clean wipe your drivers and install the latest ones

You can watch a video on how to use it 😉


My favorite case is the mechify c and it is the best case and if you say otherwise you're lying 

 

@TofuHaroto so I can see your post 

 

 

I seek to max the letter count on every ... Single ... Site 

only the bravest are capable of such mission

 

Spoiler

Hi

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP

While reading everything about DDU, i tested 3dmark too: https://www.3dmark.com/3dm/47411783

 

Btw, just a stupid guess but is it possible that this might be caused by Disk ?

Feels like whenever "something" is loading in Path of Exile, i get that 0fps drop. New animations (that i didnt see before) or some new monsters. 

Will try that DDU now so brb.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP

So.

After long research how to "DDU", i made it. 

1. Went into safe mode without internet

2. used DDU to remove all drivers

3. went back into normal boot (with net cable disconnected)

4. installed previously downloaded drivers

5. rebooted and connected internet

 

Nothing changed tho.

 

I tested myself before doing that and after doing that in FurMark (+ asked friend to do it with me, he has same gpu)

 

on 1080p, 8x msaa i had 51 FPS before DDU, 56 FPS after DDU

he has 158 FPS on same settings in furmark. Idk what to do more, warranty?

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP

on these settings:

 

image.png.b4e006877a9970aadce897adbad40b4b.png

 

 

Problem still persists.

Normally its much more fps, 200ish, but still dropping to 0.

Is it possible that this GPU is faulty and i should claim warranty ?

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Newegg

×