Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Chickenfans

New Wireless "Gaming" Mouse

Recommended Posts

Posted · Original PosterOP

I am looking for a new wireless gaming mouse. I currently have a MadCatz RAT T.E., but the wire on it gets caught on the table all the time!! I hate wired mice so much! I am looking for something that is comfortable and maybe rgb? Extra programmable buttons don't matter too much to me, but I don't also want no extra buttons, I am definitely not looking for a plain mouse. My budget is $150 max but I would like to stay under that if I can. Thanks!


"yes."

Link to post
Share on other sites

I've heard nothing but good stuff about the G Pro Wireless.

It's one of the only wireless mice out there that's practically indistinguishable from a regular wired mouse in terms of latency.


Desktop: Intel Core i9-9900K (w/ TG Hydronaut) | be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4 | ASUS Strix Z390-F | Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x16GB 3000MHz CL15 | Intel 660p 1TB | Samsung 860 EVO 500GB | WD Green 2TB | EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER XC Ultra (w/ TG Hydronaut @ 0.95V) | Corsair RM650x | Fractal Design Define R6 Blackout USB-C

Displays: Alienware AW2521HF & BenQ BL2420PT

Peripherals: Steelseries Rival 600 & Logitech MX Master 3 | Ducky Shine 7 Gunmetal (Cherry MX Brown) | Sennheiser Game One | Audio-Technica AT2020USB+

Laptop:  Apple MacBook Pro 13" 2018 - i5-8259U | 8GB RAM | 512GB SSD

Link to post
Share on other sites

Razer Viper Ultimate

 

G Pro Wireless

 

Basilisk Ultimate/Basilisk X Hyperspeed if you like that thicc ergonomics

 

G305 (just like the Pro Wireless except it's heavier and cheaper)

 

G502 Lightspeed (very heavy)

 

Or you could just use a mouse bungee.


お前はもう死んでいる。

 

 

 

#MuricaParrotGang

 

p̩̋ą̨̟̙̼̤͇͙͔̭͚̳͓͕̘͖̪͎̰̜̝̩̭̈͗͊̍́͐̂̀̾̀̀̍̒͗͊̄̀̈̊̂͑́͟͞͝r̝̞̬͕̈͂̿̊̑͢r̡̛̛̛̥̗̳̜̩̤͈̼̭̘͙̯̬̫͎̼̦̦̳͉͓̝̮͙͉̭̖̱̼̺͂̾͒͒́̇͆͛̈́͗͐͗̓͌̌̀̒͋͐̀̓̌͂́̌̅̈́͛͘͟͜͢͟͡͠͠o͕͕͉̳͗̇̍͡ţ̣͈͈͉̲̮̘̲̩̺̗̯̤̠̹̖̩̼͚̜̣̄̆̈͋́̓̄̊͛̉̂͋̑̀̀̈́͂́̕͘̚͘͟͠

 

 

 

 

 

Sold the Louqe Ghost build for profit cause why not

Spoiler

 

Fred the Smoller PC:

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600

Cooler: Noctua NH-L9a
GPU: Gigabyte 5600XT  Windforce II

RAM: 16gb Ripjaws V 3600mhz C18
Motherboard: ASUS ROG Strix B450-I WiFi

Case: Dan Case A4 V4.1

 

 

Storage:

        SSD: 2tb Sabrent Rocket M.2 NVMe

 

 

 

 Are you ready to have a bad time?

Link to post
Share on other sites

do you have any other preferences other than the mouse being wireless? how about the size and weight?

 


G502 Lightspeed Review

PC:

 

Spoiler

i5-6400

GIGABYTE GA-H110M-DS2

CORSAIR VENGEANCE LPX 2X4 DDR4-2666MHz

ASUS ROG STRIX-GTX 1060-O6G

SEAGATE 2TB HDD

FUJISTU F300 240GB SSD

CORSAIR CX750M

Laptop:

Spoiler

Acer Nitro 5
i5 8300h
GTX 1050 4Gb
12 Gb RAM

128 Gb SSD

1 Tb HDD

Peripherals:

Spoiler

Keyboard:

Logitech G310 Atlas Dawn (Romer G)

Rexus Legionare MX5.1 (Content Browns)

Mice:

Logitech G602

Logitech G502 Lightspeed
Steelseries Rival 105

Logitech M330

Headset:

Logitech G430 
Cooler Master MH 752

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
On 6/2/2020 at 11:26 AM, Mateyyy said:

I've heard nothing but good stuff about the G Pro Wireless.

It's one of the only wireless mice out there that's practically indistinguishable from a regular wired mouse in terms of latency.

 

On 6/2/2020 at 11:46 AM, IAA Productions said:

 

On 6/2/2020 at 12:40 PM, Oswin said:

do you have any other preferences other than the mouse being wireless? how about the size and weight?

 

 

On 6/2/2020 at 12:03 PM, 732 said:

Razer Viper Ultimate

 

G Pro Wireless

 

Basilisk Ultimate/Basilisk X Hyperspeed if you like that thicc ergonomics

 

G305 (just like the Pro Wireless except it's heavier and cheaper)

 

G502 Lightspeed (very heavy)

 

Or you could just use a mouse bungee.

The five mice I am deciding between are the:

 

>Razer Mamba Wireless

>HyperX Pulsefire Dart - Wireless

>ASUS ROG Gladius II Wireless

>SteelSeries Rival 650 Quantum Wireless

>Razer Viper Ultimate Wireless

 

I don't really like heavy mice, but i'm not sure what would be defined as "heavy". I have big hands, most people said big hands will work on these mice.


"yes."

Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, Chickenfans said:

 

 

 

The five mice I am deciding between are the:

 

>Razer Mamba Wireless

>HyperX Pulsefire Dart - Wireless

>ASUS ROG Gladius II Wireless

>SteelSeries Rival 650 Quantum Wireless

>Razer Viper Ultimate Wireless

 

I don't really like heavy mice, but i'm not sure what would be defined as "heavy". I have big hands, most people said big hands will work on these mice.

The Rival 650 is the best-looking.

 

The Viper Ultimate is the lightest of all of them, which is a benefit in FPS games.

 

I've never used ROG mice though.


お前はもう死んでいる。

 

 

 

#MuricaParrotGang

 

p̩̋ą̨̟̙̼̤͇͙͔̭͚̳͓͕̘͖̪͎̰̜̝̩̭̈͗͊̍́͐̂̀̾̀̀̍̒͗͊̄̀̈̊̂͑́͟͞͝r̝̞̬͕̈͂̿̊̑͢r̡̛̛̛̥̗̳̜̩̤͈̼̭̘͙̯̬̫͎̼̦̦̳͉͓̝̮͙͉̭̖̱̼̺͂̾͒͒́̇͆͛̈́͗͐͗̓͌̌̀̒͋͐̀̓̌͂́̌̅̈́͛͘͟͜͢͟͡͠͠o͕͕͉̳͗̇̍͡ţ̣͈͈͉̲̮̘̲̩̺̗̯̤̠̹̖̩̼͚̜̣̄̆̈͋́̓̄̊͛̉̂͋̑̀̀̈́͂́̕͘̚͘͟͠

 

 

 

 

 

Sold the Louqe Ghost build for profit cause why not

Spoiler

 

Fred the Smoller PC:

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600

Cooler: Noctua NH-L9a
GPU: Gigabyte 5600XT  Windforce II

RAM: 16gb Ripjaws V 3600mhz C18
Motherboard: ASUS ROG Strix B450-I WiFi

Case: Dan Case A4 V4.1

 

 

Storage:

        SSD: 2tb Sabrent Rocket M.2 NVMe

 

 

 

 Are you ready to have a bad time?

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Chickenfans said:

 

 

 

The five mice I am deciding between are the:

 

>Razer Mamba Wireless

>HyperX Pulsefire Dart - Wireless

>ASUS ROG Gladius II Wireless

>SteelSeries Rival 650 Quantum Wireless

>Razer Viper Ultimate Wireless

 

I don't really like heavy mice, but i'm not sure what would be defined as "heavy". I have big hands, most people said big hands will work on these mice.

personally would go with the viper ultimate out of the 5

 

-has a great sensor

-good battery life

-very lightweight considering it is a wireless mouse

-has  charging dock out of the box


G502 Lightspeed Review

PC:

 

Spoiler

i5-6400

GIGABYTE GA-H110M-DS2

CORSAIR VENGEANCE LPX 2X4 DDR4-2666MHz

ASUS ROG STRIX-GTX 1060-O6G

SEAGATE 2TB HDD

FUJISTU F300 240GB SSD

CORSAIR CX750M

Laptop:

Spoiler

Acer Nitro 5
i5 8300h
GTX 1050 4Gb
12 Gb RAM

128 Gb SSD

1 Tb HDD

Peripherals:

Spoiler

Keyboard:

Logitech G310 Atlas Dawn (Romer G)

Rexus Legionare MX5.1 (Content Browns)

Mice:

Logitech G602

Logitech G502 Lightspeed
Steelseries Rival 105

Logitech M330

Headset:

Logitech G430 
Cooler Master MH 752

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Chickenfans said:

 

 

 

The five mice I am deciding between are the:

 

>Razer Mamba Wireless

>HyperX Pulsefire Dart - Wireless

>ASUS ROG Gladius II Wireless

>SteelSeries Rival 650 Quantum Wireless

>Razer Viper Ultimate Wireless

 

I don't really like heavy mice, but i'm not sure what would be defined as "heavy". I have big hands, most people said big hands will work on these mice.

If this matters to you, alot of the features on the razer mice rely on their horrible synapse software. You have to have it installed on every machine you use the mouse on if you want all features to work, or you just dont want to look at the default rainbow puke setting. Even if the mouse you get supports onboard profiles, they dont do anything unless synapse is installed in my experience. This makes all of the razer mice a no go for me right now as I cannot use them at work. 

 

I switched to logitech, and ghub has it's own issues, but once you figure out how to get your profile saved onto the onboard memory it works across devices much, much better. The model I have now is the g604 and it is definitely larger than I would like. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
2 hours ago, markr54632 said:

If this matters to you, alot of the features on the razer mice rely on their horrible synapse software. You have to have it installed on every machine you use the mouse on if you want all features to work, or you just dont want to look at the default rainbow puke setting. Even if the mouse you get supports onboard profiles, they dont do anything unless synapse is installed in my experience. This makes all of the razer mice a no go for me right now as I cannot use them at work. 

 

I switched to logitech, and ghub has it's own issues, but once you figure out how to get your profile saved onto the onboard memory it works across devices much, much better. The model I have now is the g604 and it is definitely larger than I would like. 

Yea I don't mind installing the software, that's ok. I looked at all the Logitech mice, but they looked a little strange to me or they where too expensive.


"yes."

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Chickenfans said:

Yea I don't mind installing the software, that's ok. I looked at all the Logitech mice, but they looked a little strange to me or they where too expensive.

I cant say I am super happy with the looks of them, and they are expensive, but if you are looking for a wireless gaming mouse they are at least the most functional line up out right now.

 

I would definitely download the synapse software and take a look at it before committing to buying a mouse that relies on it. It really is pretty horrible.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
1 hour ago, markr54632 said:

I cant say I am super happy with the looks of them, and they are expensive, but if you are looking for a wireless gaming mouse they are at least the most functional line up out right now.

 

I would definitely download the synapse software and take a look at it before committing to buying a mouse that relies on it. It really is pretty horrible.

I have a Logitech g213 keyboard, and I like the logitech software. I just downloaded the Razer software, its a little strange to say the least, but I can live with it.


"yes."

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Chickenfans said:

Yea I don't mind installing the software, that's ok. I looked at all the Logitech mice, but they looked a little strange to me or they where too expensive.

did you look at G703? Logitech have one of the most "normal looking" mice selection imo 

 

I have a rather large hands myself and G602 (which is basically G703 on AA battery with no RGB) fit my hands perfectly. G703 is also pretty light at a hundread or so gram

 

Otherwise, I also just get myself G903 Hero just a few weeks ago, love it so much. Ergonomic is great despite beig ambidextrous, have plenty of programmable bottles and the battery - oh they are far, far better than any mouse I have used. Logitech rate their battery as 140 hr on "normal use" but it took me three weeks of full usage with RGB on all the time to finally reduce the charge to 30 percent 

 

The only complain though is G Hub bug and no space to store dongle 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×