Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Cheeseburger Apocalypse

LPX 3200MHz C16 OR LPX 3600MHz C18?

Recommended Posts

3600 CL18


Desktop: Intel Core i9-9900K (w/ TG Hydronaut) | be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4 | ASUS Strix Z390-F | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3000MHz CL15 | Intel 660p 1TB | Samsung 860 EVO 500GB | WD Green 2TB | EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER XC Ultra (w/ TG Hydronaut) | Corsair RM650x | Fractal Design Define R6 Blackout USB-C

Displays: BenQ BL2420PT & Alienware AW2521HF

Peripherals: Steelseries Rival 600 & Logitech MX Master 3 | Ducky Shine 7 Gunmetal (Cherry MX Brown) | Sennheiser Game One

Laptop:  Apple MacBook Pro 13" 2018 - i5-8259U | 8GB RAM | 512GB SSD

Link to post
Share on other sites

They are about the same interms of performance but I value cas latency more than frequency so I would go for the 3200 cl16


My favorite case is the mechify c and it is the best case and if you say otherwise you're lying 

 

@TofuHaroto so I can see your post 

 

 

I seek to max the letter count on every ... Single ... Site 

only the bravest are capable of such mission

 

Spoiler

Hi

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Cheeseburger Apocalypse said:

Vengeance (2x8GB) LPX

3200MHz C16 OR LPX 3600MHz C18 ?? for AMD build

the prices are same in my region

The performance will be the same.

Check if either one is on the QVL of your motherboard of choice, as I have bad experiences in the past with AMD AM4 motherboards + Corsair memory


"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

Sorry if my post seemed rude, that is never my intention.

"Why do we suffer a lifetime for a moment of happiness?" - Anonymous

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
1 hour ago, minibois said:

The performance will be the same.

Check if either one is on the QVL of your motherboard of choice, as I have bad experiences in the past with AMD AM4 motherboards + Corsair memory

@minibois weirdly enough the rams available in my region are not mentioned in the QVL...and im stuck...the trident Zs are not in the QVL as well...ii need serious help

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Cheeseburger Apocalypse said:

@minibois weirdly enough the rams available in my region are not mentioned in the QVL...and im stuck...the trident Zs are not in the QVL as well...ii need serious help

What mobo are you getting ? 

Maybe we can look at the QVL 

Also what ram is available on the QVL lol

Are ripjaws V there ?


My favorite case is the mechify c and it is the best case and if you say otherwise you're lying 

 

@TofuHaroto so I can see your post 

 

 

I seek to max the letter count on every ... Single ... Site 

only the bravest are capable of such mission

 

Spoiler

Hi

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
11 minutes ago, TofuHaroto said:

What mobo are you getting ? 

Maybe we can look at the QVL 

Also what ram is available on the QVL lol

Are ripjaws V there ?

@TofuHaroto im getting the x570 Aorus ultra

well i personally liked the 2x8 LPX 3200C16 cuz i had it on my intel system for years and its awesome...and still rocking...

so i wanted to get the same for my amd build....the memory i found is this CMK16GX4M2E3200C16 for LPX but its not in the QVL list.

then i found the trident Z...though trident had 2 versions...F4-3600C18D-16GTZRX and F4-3600C18D-16GTZR ... the X is AMD tested and is on the QVL but its not available for sale here...so im stuck with F4-3600C18D-16GTZR( NON X) ... 

and one more for trident ... F4-3200C16D-16GTZR ... not on the QVL list

the other option is vengeance pro RGB...CMW16GX4M2C3200C16...this is on the QVL list but in QVL it says 4GB...the seller's website says 2x8GB...im soooo confused.....

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Cheeseburger Apocalypse said:

@TofuHaroto im getting the x570 Aorus ultra

well i personally liked the 2x8 LPX 3200C16 cuz i had it on my intel system for years and its awesome...and still rocking...

so i wanted to get the same for my amd build....the memory i found is this CMK16GX4M2E3200C16 for LPX but its not in the QVL list.

then i found the trident Z...though trident had 2 versions...F4-3600C18D-16GTZRX and F4-3600C18D-16GTZR ... the X is AMD tested and is on the QVL but its not available for sale here...so im stuck with F4-3600C18D-16GTZR( NON X) ... 

the other option is vengeance pro RGB...CMW16GX4M2C3200C16...this is on the QVL list but in QVL it says 4GB...the seller's website says 2x8GB...im soooo confused.....

Technically speaking even if it is not on the QVL list it should still work but I don't trust amd's imc 

So if you would like to maybe test the kit that you currently have (in your Intel's system) and see if it work and if it did order the same one that would not hurt ;)


My favorite case is the mechify c and it is the best case and if you say otherwise you're lying 

 

@TofuHaroto so I can see your post 

 

 

I seek to max the letter count on every ... Single ... Site 

only the bravest are capable of such mission

 

Spoiler

Hi

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
Just now, TofuHaroto said:

Technically speaking even if it is not on the QVL list it should still work but I don't trust amd's imc 

So if you would like to maybe test the kit that you currently have (in your Intel's system) and see if it work and if it did order the same one that would not hurt ;)

the problem is im in another country...and i dont have access to that....

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Cheeseburger Apocalypse said:

the problem is im in another country...and i dont have access to that....

Oh well that's definitely a problem lol

You can if you want check experiences with the kit 

For the most part from what I have seen LPX does work with AMD'S imc they usually have micron chips which for the most part works with the imc 


My favorite case is the mechify c and it is the best case and if you say otherwise you're lying 

 

@TofuHaroto so I can see your post 

 

 

I seek to max the letter count on every ... Single ... Site 

only the bravest are capable of such mission

 

Spoiler

Hi

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
1 minute ago, TofuHaroto said:

Oh well that's definitely a problem lol

You can if you want check experiences with the kit 

For the most part from what I have seen LPX does work with AMD'S imc they usually have micron chips which for the most part works with the imc 

  technically should work ... i agree, and i know this was a big deal with 1000 ryzen but now, its not much of a big deal...

in that case im back to 3200C16 or 3600C18

options are :

Vengeance LPX

Vengeance PRO RGB

Trident Z (i like the look of this)

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Cheeseburger Apocalypse said:

Vengeance LPX

Lowest quality usually micron at best 

Hynix for the most part 

2 minutes ago, Cheeseburger Apocalypse said:

Vengeance PRO RGB

Micron at the very least could be b die

 

3 minutes ago, Cheeseburger Apocalypse said:

Trident Z (i like the look of this)

For the most 

The most expensive usually b die but I have seen some models with micron


My favorite case is the mechify c and it is the best case and if you say otherwise you're lying 

 

@TofuHaroto so I can see your post 

 

 

I seek to max the letter count on every ... Single ... Site 

only the bravest are capable of such mission

 

Spoiler

Hi

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
3 minutes ago, TofuHaroto said:

Lowest quality usually micron at best 

Hynix for the most part 

Micron at the very least could be b die

 

For the most 

The most expensive usually b die but I have seen some models with micron

now im even more confused lol

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Cheeseburger Apocalypse said:

now im even more confused lol

To put it simply 

Trident z : best quality

Lpx pro rgb : the half way point decent 

Lpx : lowest quality but still good 

;)


My favorite case is the mechify c and it is the best case and if you say otherwise you're lying 

 

@TofuHaroto so I can see your post 

 

 

I seek to max the letter count on every ... Single ... Site 

only the bravest are capable of such mission

 

Spoiler

Hi

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP

shoudlTHANK YOU!!! 

 

since the prices here are pretty much the same except in USD around 5dollars difference...i'll go with RGB (you know RGB make you game faster :P ;)

I'll mention the local prices as well...(there are 2 main online stores so i put the prices on both)

 

BUT

 

Vengeance PRO RGB 3600C18 there are 2 models (omg my brain hurts)

CMW16GX4M2Z3600C18 (1077)

CMW16GX4M2C3600C18 (1360)

 

Vengeance PRO RGB 3200C16

CMW16GX4M2C3200C16 (998)

CMW16GX4M2Z3200C16 (959)

 

Trident Z 3600C18

F4-3600C18D-16GTZR (987)

 

Trident Z 3200C16

F4-3200C16D-16GTZR  (847 / 899)

 

according to what you said, the trident Z is better quality...why is it cheaper?! :D  

and why vengeance got so many different models? what are the differences?!

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Cheeseburger Apocalypse said:

 

F4-3600C18D-16GTZR (987)

 

Trident Z 3200C16

F4-3200C16D-16GTZR  (847 / 899)

OHHHH MY BAD I thought these were b die 

They are not 

If they were b die they would end with an A


My favorite case is the mechify c and it is the best case and if you say otherwise you're lying 

 

@TofuHaroto so I can see your post 

 

 

I seek to max the letter count on every ... Single ... Site 

only the bravest are capable of such mission

 

Spoiler

Hi

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Cheeseburger Apocalypse said:

is there really that much of difference?!?!?!?

No not really

It would just work better with the imc but nothing else 

Micron us also still a decent quality brand 


My favorite case is the mechify c and it is the best case and if you say otherwise you're lying 

 

@TofuHaroto so I can see your post 

 

 

I seek to max the letter count on every ... Single ... Site 

only the bravest are capable of such mission

 

Spoiler

Hi

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
4 minutes ago, TofuHaroto said:

No not really

It would just work better with the imc but nothing else 

Micron us also still a decent quality brand 

how can i figure out the build whether its b die  hynix  micron? i have a feeling its only through software after i bought it !!

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Cheeseburger Apocalypse said:

how can i figure out the build whether its b die  hynix  micron?

You can look at b die finder if you want to see if your modules are b die 

As for micro or hynix I usually know them by cas latency 

Usually b die is 16 and Lower and hynix and micron have higher cas latency


My favorite case is the mechify c and it is the best case and if you say otherwise you're lying 

 

@TofuHaroto so I can see your post 

 

 

I seek to max the letter count on every ... Single ... Site 

only the bravest are capable of such mission

 

Spoiler

Hi

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
6 minutes ago, TofuHaroto said:

You can look at b die finder if you want to see if your modules are b die 

As for micro or hynix I usually know them by cas latency 

Usually b die is 16 and Lower and hynix and micron have higher cas latency

should i really look for a b die or not? worth the trouble? as i checked non of the rams i said in that list are b die......people are making it a big deal....sounds like  another marketing tactic to me...idk...

which one of the rams in that list you'd suggest?! i think i'll create another post with those rams, see if i get more details.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Cheeseburger Apocalypse said:

should i really look for a b die or not? worth the trouble? as i checked non of the rams i said in that list are b die......people are making it a big deal....sounds like  another marketing tactic to me...idk...

which one of the rams in that list you'd suggest?! i think i'll create another post with those rams, see if i get more details.

I mean b die for the most part is just a really good binned ram module 

It is not worth specifically going after 

If I would say which one is the best the LPX pro and the trident z are basically the same quality it comes down to looks and your preference 


My favorite case is the mechify c and it is the best case and if you say otherwise you're lying 

 

@TofuHaroto so I can see your post 

 

 

I seek to max the letter count on every ... Single ... Site 

only the bravest are capable of such mission

 

Spoiler

Hi

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
4 minutes ago, TofuHaroto said:

I mean b die for the most part is just a really good binned ram module 

It is not worth specifically going after 

If I would say which one is the best the LPX pro and the trident z are basically the same quality it comes down to looks and your preference 

@TofuHaroto searching for corsair C Z D kits is giving me headache...i think trident Z is the winner.(and i like the looks :)..now the only question...back to the original question... we did a whole 360 on ram lol:D 

3600C18

or

3200C16 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Cheeseburger Apocalypse said:

@TofuHaroto i found these 2

and 

 

 

Well from what I saw they are similar quality but the d kit does outperform the other two

I guess go for that ;)


My favorite case is the mechify c and it is the best case and if you say otherwise you're lying 

 

@TofuHaroto so I can see your post 

 

 

I seek to max the letter count on every ... Single ... Site 

only the bravest are capable of such mission

 

Spoiler

Hi

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Newegg

×