Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Posted · Original PosterOP

Hello!

What cpu would best suit the following build for gaming and light designing purposes?

Sapphire Nitro+ RX 590 8 GB

8x2 GB DDR4 3000 MHz RAM

240 GB W.D. Green M.2 SSD

AsRock B450 Pro 4 Mobo

Corsair CX 550 PSU

Thanks

welcome to my potato farm

system 1: Pentium E5200, 1024 MB DDR2 Memory, 320GB 3G HDD, Intel GMA 3100 Graphics, Random Hack Motherboard and PSU

system 2: Athlon X2 250, 2048 MB DDR3 Memory, 3x500 GB 6G HDDs, Integrated Graphics, Random Hack Motherboard and PSU

system 3: in the works, waiting for Zen3 and Ampere/Big Navi :3

senpai suck my ass, we'll be together

senpai suck my ass, it will last forever

senpai suck my ass, its a sweet sensation

senpai suck my ass, these words are desperation

i dont know if you will like it

but i think that you should try its

senpai please just do this for me

some say it tastes like potpourri

-pewdiepie, 2011

1 minute ago, PoopThatTookAPee said:

Hello!

What cpu would best suit the following build for gaming and light designing purposes?

Well the best would be the 3600 the most value would be the 3300 and the worst of both would be the 3500.

Just now, Gundar said:

Well the best would be the 3600 the most value would be the 3300 and the worst of both would be the 3500.

ah lmao the 3600 is about 20 USD out of my budget, whereas i had actually planned  of getting the 3300x. is it worth the increase in price?

system 1: Pentium E5200, 1024 MB DDR2 Memory, 320GB 3G HDD, Intel GMA 3100 Graphics, Random Hack Motherboard and PSU

system 2: Athlon X2 250, 2048 MB DDR3 Memory, 3x500 GB 6G HDDs, Integrated Graphics, Random Hack Motherboard and PSU

-pewdiepie, 2011

ah lmao the 3600 is about 20 USD out of my budget, whereas i had actually planned  of getting the 3300x. is it worth the increase in price?

The only thing that the 3600 has going for it is longevity. If you only care about now then no but if you wan't your computer to last quite a bit longer yes.

In theory, a 3600 is about 1.5 3300X. Up to a 50% speed increase in apps that can use more than 4 cores.

9 minutes ago, Gundar said:

The only thing that the 3600 has going for it is longevity. If you only care about now then no but if you wan't your computer to last quite a bit longer yes.

i do want my computer to able to run games coming in the next 5 years and last for about 8-10 years. i dont plan on upgrading either. once i select and build with these parts then ill probably only be building a new pc 10 years later

-pewdiepie, 2011

1 minute ago, 191x7 said:

In theory, a 3600 is about 1.5 3300X. Up to a 50% speed increase in apps that can use more than 4 cores.

would it be worth the extra money? im VERYY tight on my budget lolz

-pewdiepie, 2011

i do want my computer to able to run games coming in the next 5 years and last for about 8-10 years. i dont plan on upgrading either. once i select and build with these parts then ill probably only be building a new pc 10 years later

Thats not realistic. 10 years ago daul cores where the thing and now if you try playing with a daul core and a gtx 470 you'll have a meh experience at best. I think it's general considered that you should upgrade every 3-5 years depending on circumstances.

Just now, Gundar said:

Thats not realistic. 10 years ago daul cores where the thing and now if you try playing with a daul core and a gtx 470 you'll have a meh experience at best. I think it's general considered that you should upgrade every 3-5 years depending on circumstances.

yeah thats the thing, i dont need them to play high settings at 90+ fps, im okay running a game at even 720p at 60 FPS at medium settings lmao

-pewdiepie, 2011

8 minutes ago, PoopThatTookAPee said:

yeah thats the thing, i dont need them to play high settings at 90+ fps, im okay running a game at even 720p at 60 FPS at medium settings lmao

but the games are getting more and more hungry for cpu and gpu so in 10 years low setting may be higher the the highest settings now. seeing as delovelopers are making games more robust its only starting to drive the bar higher and higher as many more people are back to gaming on pcs as it is a much better experance then a consol i would say 5-7 years top and i will need a whole new setup im have r7 2700, 32gb 3200, 2060ko, and an asrock phantom gaming 4 x570 mobo

9 minutes ago, PoopThatTookAPee said:

I have a dell inspiron 5570 which has a dual core and intel uhd 620 graphics. I used to run d2 at 30 fps potato settings 720p. Considering that a gtx 470 is around 2 times faster? you'll run 60 max at potato setting in a game that isn't even hard to run if generation increases will be like intel 14nm++++++++++++++. But considering that amd is making leaps and bounds in cpu architecture in a few years 6 cores at 3.6 ghz  might be what pentium is now. Also you won't minum spec in new games like Red dead redemption 2 which as minimum you need a gtx 770.

3 minutes ago, Gundar said:

I have a dell inspiron 5570 which has a dual core and intel uhd 620 graphics. I used to run d2 at 30 fps potato settings 720p. Considering that a gtx 470 is around 2 times faster? you'll run 60 max at potato setting in a game that isn't even hard to run if generation increases will be like intel 14nm++++++++++++++. But considering that amd is making leaps and bounds in cpu architecture in a few years 6 cores at 3.6 ghz  might be what pentium is now. Also you won't minum spec in new games like Red dead redemption 2 which as minimum you need a gtx 770.

the whold min spec thing is out of date i had to bump up to 32gb of ram because COD was using up to 13.5 gb while playing not mush left over for everything else when you have only 16gb 

1 minute ago, keysbeast13 said:

the whold min spec thing is out of date i had to bump up to 32gb of ram because COD was using up to 13.5 gb while playing not mush left over for everything else when you have only 16gb 

That seems like a waste if you're playing cod you're not really doing anything else so why would you need so much excess ram?

1 hour ago, Gundar said:

ah lmao ive been there and worse. i had an amd athlon II all the way upto 2019 wiht only integrated graphics and 2 gigs of ram. i had to play COD MW1 and MW2 and other titles ore 2013 at 800x600 resolution at 20 fps or so, lowest setting. thats why i dont even mind playing games 7 years into the future at these settings. unless the 3600 is a cpu that can run smooth after 5-7 years, i would buy the 3300x due to my tight ass budget. what would you suggest?

1 hour ago, keysbeast13 said:

the whold min spec thing is out of date

what do you mean by "out of date" lol

-pewdiepie, 2011

6 minutes ago, Gundar said:

@PoopThatTookAPee

Thats the problem we don't know how long a 3600 will last vs a 3300. Since your on a super tight budget get a 3300x and call it a day.

ah okay, thanks a lot!

-pewdiepie, 2011

3 hours ago, PoopThatTookAPee said:

I'd say to go for the 3300X if you're gaming, as it should actually have similar or better performance than a 3600 with an easier time overclocking. If you do additional productivity work, (streaming, video editing, etc.) then save for the 3600.

Since you said "designing", what exact software are you intending to run? Some does better with more threads, some won't care beyond the 8 total threads available in the 3300X.

CPURyzen 5 3600 Cooler: GAMMAXX 400 with dual Arcic P12 PWM RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws V 16gb 3600 16-16-16 MoboASRock X570M Pro4

Graphics Card: ASRock Reference RX 5700 XT Case: Antec P5 PSU: Rosewill Capstone 750M Monitor: MSI Optix MAG241C Case Fans: 3x Arctic P12 PWM

Storage: Mushkin ECO2 512GB SSD, HP EX900 1TB NVMe, dual Constellation ES 2GB in RAID1

7 hours ago, PoopThatTookAPee said:

ah lmao ive been there and worse. i had an amd athlon II all the way upto 2019 wiht only integrated graphics and 2 gigs of ram. i had to play COD MW1 and MW2 and other titles ore 2013 at 800x600 resolution at 20 fps or so, lowest setting. thats why i dont even mind playing games 7 years into the future at these settings. unless the 3600 is a cpu that can run smooth after 5-7 years, i would buy the 3300x due to my tight ass budget. what would you suggest?

what do you mean by "out of date" lol

when the min specs for games are made its what they are thinking right out of the box as the least you need but when games are rolling out 10gb plus updates the specs changed when i first installed wz in march my ram uasage was around 6gb now with these different updates its useing 13.5 while in game that a huge bump running that same specs now i did go from a asrock b450 pro 4 mobo to an asrock x570 phantom gaming 4 mobo but that should not have any inpack in doubling the use of ram in the game

21 hours ago, BTGbullseye said:

I'd say to go for the 3300X if you're gaming, as it should actually have similar or better performance than a 3600 with an easier time overclocking. If you do additional productivity work, (streaming, video editing, etc.) then save for the 3600.

Since you said "designing", what exact software are you intending to run? Some does better with more threads, some won't care beyond the 8 total threads available in the 3300X.

photoshop, and i do want to learn video editing, but things like sport edits and memes lol. but more of the build is for gaming

-pewdiepie, 2011

15 hours ago, keysbeast13 said:

when the min specs for games are made its what they are thinking right out of the box as the least you need but when games are rolling out 10gb plus updates the specs changed when i first installed wz in march my ram uasage was around 6gb now with these different updates its useing 13.5 while in game that a huge bump running that same specs now i did go from a asrock b450 pro 4 mobo to an asrock x570 phantom gaming 4 mobo but that should not have any inpack in doubling the use of ram in the game

isnt that boost in ram usage due to poor optimization n stuff? i planned of just fitting 16 gigs into the rig, and i will not do any sort of streaming xd

-pewdiepie, 2011

12 hours ago, PoopThatTookAPee said:

photoshop, and i do want to learn video editing, but things like sport edits and memes lol. but more of the build is for gaming

Then the 3300X is definitely the way I'd go. Photoshop doesn't really care, and light video editing isn't going to be noticeably different. The fact that it saves you money is really good, as you can put that towards a better GPU when they come out later this year. (September supposedly for the AMD stuff, and Nvidia is rumored to be around the same time)

CPURyzen 5 3600 Cooler: GAMMAXX 400 with dual Arcic P12 PWM RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws V 16gb 3600 16-16-16 MoboASRock X570M Pro4

Graphics Card: ASRock Reference RX 5700 XT Case: Antec P5 PSU: Rosewill Capstone 750M Monitor: MSI Optix MAG241C Case Fans: 3x Arctic P12 PWM

Storage: Mushkin ECO2 512GB SSD, HP EX900 1TB NVMe, dual Constellation ES 2GB in RAID1

3600 is only like $164 right now in the states. That's AMAZING value.

My System: i7-8700k 5.0ghz All-core delidded @1.365v // Cryorig H7 Quad Lumi // Gigabyte Aorus Z370 Gaming 5 // 32GB (4x8) Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3466 OC // XFX Radeon RX 5700 XT RAW II // NZXT S340 White // Seasonic Focus Plus Gold 850w // Intel 660P 1TB NVME M.2 SSD/1TB Samsung 860 EVO/1TB 2.5" HGST HDD // Displays: ASUS VG248QE/Acer K242HYL/Acer K242HYL // Corsair K68 Mechanical Keyboard - Logitech G502 // Corsair H70 Gaming Headset

Wife's System: i7-8700 // Arctic Freezer 33 // Gigabyte Z390M Gaming // 16GB (2x8) Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200 // Sapphire Vega 64 // Thermaltake Versa H17 // Seasonic Focus Plus Gold 850w // 1TB Samsung 860 EVO/500GB Silicon Power A55/4TB Western Digital HDD // Displays: ASUS VG245H/ASUS VP248Q // Corsair K68 Mechanical Keyboard // Logitech G602 // LG BDRW // NexStar 5.25" USB 3 Enclosure

TV Gamer: Ryzen 5 1600 3.9ghz All-core @1.39v // Wraith PRISM // Gigabyte B450 Aorus M // 16GB (2x8) Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200 // XFX Radeon RX 580 8GB XXX Edition // Thermaltake Versa H17 // Corsair Vengeance Silver 650W // 120GB Sandisk SSD/120GB PNY CS900/4TB Western Digital Blue // Display: 50" Westinghouse 1080p // Rii Wireless Mini Keyboard w/Touchpad/Xbox One Controllers

Son's System: i5-9400 // Cryorig H7 Quad Lumi // ASRock Z370 Extreme 4 // 16GB GeIL Potenza DDR 3200 // ASUS RX 570 4GB OC // NZXT S340 Black // Seasonic S12II 620w Bronze // 525GB Crucial MX300/500GB Wester Digital Blue // Display: Dell P2417H - Eagletech KG010 Mechanical Keyboard // Logitech G203

Daughter's System: i3-8350k // Cooler Master i71c // MSI H310M Pro VDH-Plus // 16GB T-Force Vulkan 2666 (2400) // Zotac GTX 1060 3GB Mini // DarkFlash Micro ATX White // Corsair CX550 // 480GB PNY CS1311 SSD // Display: Scepter 20" 1080p - Logitech Keyboard and Mouse

5 minutes ago, Mister Woof said:

3600 is only like $164 right now in the states. That's AMAZING value.

True, but $40 is $40, and can easily make the difference on the pocketbook.

20 minutes ago, BTGbullseye said:

True, but $40 is $40, and can easily make the difference on the pocketbook.

oh yeah, just commenting. man thats some amazing value tho

My System: i7-8700k 5.0ghz All-core delidded @1.365v // Cryorig H7 Quad Lumi // Gigabyte Aorus Z370 Gaming 5 // 32GB (4x8) Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3466 OC // XFX Radeon RX 5700 XT RAW II // NZXT S340 White // Seasonic Focus Plus Gold 850w // Intel 660P 1TB NVME M.2 SSD/1TB Samsung 860 EVO/1TB 2.5" HGST HDD // Displays: ASUS VG248QE/Acer K242HYL/Acer K242HYL // Corsair K68 Mechanical Keyboard - Logitech G502 // Corsair H70 Gaming Headset

Wife's System: i7-8700 // Arctic Freezer 33 // Gigabyte Z390M Gaming // 16GB (2x8) Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200 // Sapphire Vega 64 // Thermaltake Versa H17 // Seasonic Focus Plus Gold 850w // 1TB Samsung 860 EVO/500GB Silicon Power A55/4TB Western Digital HDD // Displays: ASUS VG245H/ASUS VP248Q // Corsair K68 Mechanical Keyboard // Logitech G602 // LG BDRW // NexStar 5.25" USB 3 Enclosure

TV Gamer: Ryzen 5 1600 3.9ghz All-core @1.39v // Wraith PRISM // Gigabyte B450 Aorus M // 16GB (2x8) Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200 // XFX Radeon RX 580 8GB XXX Edition // Thermaltake Versa H17 // Corsair Vengeance Silver 650W // 120GB Sandisk SSD/120GB PNY CS900/4TB Western Digital Blue // Display: 50" Westinghouse 1080p // Rii Wireless Mini Keyboard w/Touchpad/Xbox One Controllers

Son's System: i5-9400 // Cryorig H7 Quad Lumi // ASRock Z370 Extreme 4 // 16GB GeIL Potenza DDR 3200 // ASUS RX 570 4GB OC // NZXT S340 Black // Seasonic S12II 620w Bronze // 525GB Crucial MX300/500GB Wester Digital Blue // Display: Dell P2417H - Eagletech KG010 Mechanical Keyboard // Logitech G203

Daughter's System: i3-8350k // Cooler Master i71c // MSI H310M Pro VDH-Plus // 16GB T-Force Vulkan 2666 (2400) // Zotac GTX 1060 3GB Mini // DarkFlash Micro ATX White // Corsair CX550 // 480GB PNY CS1311 SSD // Display: Scepter 20" 1080p - Logitech Keyboard and Mouse

2 hours ago, Mister Woof said:

oh yeah, just commenting. man thats some amazing value tho

Yup. Almost $80 less than when I got mine. That's a 30% discount.