Church streaming PC

Budget (including currency): Flexible but prefer on the budget side maybe say 5-600 max

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: streaming live church services to FB via x264 encoding and OBS software (no gaming)

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): Would like to stream at 1080p 60fps

My church has tasked me with building a computer capable of giving us a good quality streaming experience as I am the tech/sound/slide show guy, My main question is what kind of GPU do I really need? I am planning to use a R5 3600 for x264 encoding rather than a gpu for quality and cost saving reasons. Should I spend the extra money for something cheap but relatively powerful like a 1650 or rx 470, or can I get by with anything that will output a signal like a gt 710? (suggestions welcome here). All were looking to do is stream the service to FB in 1080p 60fps using a software like OBS which I am familiar with as I have done some game streaming. I know cpu power really matters here and would ideally like something with an IGPU and high core count but I'm not familiar with anything that fits that bill. 

any advice or help is appreciated 

16 minutes ago, spicy-j said:

Budget (including currency): Flexible but prefer on the budget side maybe say 5-600 max

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: streaming live church services to FB via x264 encoding and OBS software (no gaming)

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): Would like to stream at 1080p 60fps

My church has tasked me with building a computer capable of giving us a good quality streaming experience as I am the tech/sound/slide show guy, My main question is what kind of GPU do I really need? I am planning to use a R5 3600 for x264 encoding rather than a gpu for quality and cost saving reasons. Should I spend the extra money for something cheap but relatively powerful like a 1650 or rx 470, or can I get by with anything that will output a signal like a gt 710? (suggestions welcome here). All were looking to do is stream the service to FB in 1080p 60fps using a software like OBS which I am familiar with as I have done some game streaming. I know cpu power really matters here and would ideally like something with an IGPU and high core count but I'm not familiar with anything that fits that bill. 

any advice or help is appreciated 

theres no CPU in the market that has enough computing power as the 3600 as well as reasonable graphics at that price point. the 3600 is an excellent choice for your needs. since you have a 600$ budget, the RX570 or RX580 would be a good choice.

😕

49 minutes ago, spicy-j said:

I know cpu power really matters here and would ideally like something with an IGPU and high core count but I'm not familiar with anything that fits that bill.

Maybe the i5-10600(K) could fit the bill. Same number of cores as the 3600 but higher clocks and an iGPU, so no need to buy an additional GPU. Might run a little hotter and require more power though. Might be a little more expensive than the Ryzen, but you save the cost for a GPU you don't really need.

https://www.techpowerup.com/review/intel-core-i5-10600k/13.html

~edit: The upcoming AMD Ryzen 7 4700G could also be a nice fit, if the rumors are true. But that CPU isn't out yet.

Remember to either quote or @mention others, so they are notified of your reply