Macbook restarting after sleep mode. Tried everything.

Go to solution Solved by Sprankton,
On 6/6/2020 at 2:58 PM, mastertyler04 said:

It might also just be that apple quality. Macbooks always fail just as they hit apples "vintage" and that machine is not far from it. Another way that you could check is to run windows (boot-camp) and see if it does the same then you can rule out hardware or software. But if it just started working just cross your fingers it keeps working and back up your data.

so i forgot to test it with the usb and the fan plugged in and guess what.... it rebooted. And to make sure i did it again and it happened again. I replaced the mobo for nothing. Ill be returning it. Ill try a different usb plug. This was an old usb cord i gave her recently too after the one she was using started to rip. Ill try another 1 or 2 plugs and see if its just that one.

I have a Macbook pro 15 inch late 2013 been using it with no problems for years, but lately it started rebooting after it goes into sleep mode. I followed a guide and tried resetting SMC/PRAM, turning off "put hard disk to sleep", re-seating the battery, reinstalling MacOS, and turning off hibernate mode with the terminal. It was still doing it after all that so i finally decided to replace the logic board. It came in today and i installed it and it seemed fine for an hour or two then it just restarted again after it went to sleep 😵..... I am not sure what to do next. The only other thing i can think of is the storage drive or an issue with Catalina possibly... Anyone else know about this issue and what to try next?

edit: i didnt do all those at once i tried each thing individually to see exactly what might be the cause of the problem

Do you have any 3rd party devices connected to the computer?

Could the machine be shutting itself off to save power if the battery is aging?

edit(word choice)

17 hours ago, woody30 said:

Do you have any 3rd party devices connected to the computer?

actually yes... its my fiances and she usually has a small hand fan plugged into it. But i think it did it without it... ill test further. How could that be tho? Its just a mini usb cord for power to the fan

4 hours ago, mastertyler04 said:

Could the machine be shutting itself off to save power if the battery is aging?

edit(word choice)

no. Its a new battery. I replaced it last year. Its restarting when it sleeps.

Judging by your location on your profile could the logic board be corroded in some way with the humidity in Florida. It would explain the odd behavior 

On 6/3/2020 at 11:20 PM, mastertyler04 said:

Judging by your location on your profile could the logic board be corroded in some way with the humidity in Florida. It would explain the odd behavior 

Its not. And like i said it does the same thing on a new board. Should i try a new ssd?

Ive been letting it go to sleep over and over for hours now today and now its not doing it. Hmmmmm

It might also just be that apple quality. Macbooks always fail just as they hit apples "vintage" and that machine is not far from it. Another way that you could check is to run windows (boot-camp) and see if it does the same then you can rule out hardware or software. But if it just started working just cross your fingers it keeps working and back up your data.

On 6/6/2020 at 2:58 PM, mastertyler04 said:

so i forgot to test it with the usb and the fan plugged in and guess what.... it rebooted. And to make sure i did it again and it happened again. I replaced the mobo for nothing. Ill be returning it. Ill try a different usb plug. This was an old usb cord i gave her recently too after the one she was using started to rip. Ill try another 1 or 2 plugs and see if its just that one.