Need some help. Hosting multiple Public IP's

Hey guys,

I'm trying to sell unused server space similar Digital Ocean or Vultr. I have gotten as far to setup SolusVM setup and am planning to setup WHMCS.

Is there any way I would be able to provide each vps with their own public ip? 

If not then can I use one IP and provide my clients with a sub.sub.domain (virtual-server.host-server.domain.ca)

I my current ISP is Rogers residential

but have access to Bell business

Thank you,

James

rogers residential will shut you down if they find out.

bell would be okay with it but unless you got clients lined up I don't see the point

Good luck, Have fun, Build PC, and have a last gen console for use once a year. I should answer most of the time between 9 to 3 PST

NightHawk 3.0: R7 5700x @, B550A vision D, H105, 2x32gb Oloy 3600, Sapphire RX 6700XT  Nitro+, Corsair RM750X, 500 gb 850 evo, 2tb rocket and 5tb Toshiba x300, 2x 6TB WD Black W10 all in a 750D airflow.
GF PC: (nighthawk 2.0): R7 2700x, B450m vision D, 4x8gb Geli 2933, Strix GTX970, CX650M RGB, Obsidian 350D

Skunkworks: R5 3500U, 16gb, 500gb Adata XPG 6000 lite, Vega 8. HP probook G455R G6 Ubuntu 20. LTS

Condor (MC server): 6600K, z170m plus, 16gb corsair vengeance LPX, samsung 750 evo, EVGA BR 450.

Spirt  (NAS) ASUS Z9PR-D12, 2x E5 2620V2, 8x4gb, 24 3tb HDD. F80 800gb cache, trueNAS, 2x12disk raid Z3 stripped

PSU Tier List      Motherboard Tier List     SSD Tier List     How to get PC parts cheap    HP probook 445R G6 review

"Stupidity is like trying to find a limit of a constant. You are never truly smart in something, just less stupid."

Camera Gear: X-S10, 16-80 F4, 60D, 24-105 F4, 50mm F1.4, Helios44-m, 2 Cos-11D lavs

1 minute ago, jams22 said:

Is there any way I would be able to provide each vps with their own public ip? 

dhcp to the boxes and give them all a public ip? Then setup the networking so that each vm can't change their ip to be other than the one you assign it.

3 minutes ago, jams22 said:

If not then can I use one IP and provide my clients with a sub.sub.domain

Well normally 

2 minutes ago, jams22 said:

I my current ISP is Rogers residential

but have access to Bell business

How many public ips do you have?

Also what buiness plan? You probably won't want to host a vpn on anything other than a deticated internet line. most cheap buiness lines are still shared bandwidth.

2 minutes ago, jams22 said:

'm trying to sell unused server space similar Digital Ocean or Vultr.

If your trying to do this from your home its a really bad idea.

8 minutes ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

dhcp to the boxes and give them all a public ip

So assuming I have enough assigned ip's a bridged router and devices set to DHCP should do the trick?

10 minutes ago, Electronics Wizardy said:
15 minutes ago, jams22 said:

If not then can I use one IP and provide my clients with a sub.sub.domain

Well normally 

Do you know what direction I should take if I where to use this method?

Or how I would properly identify and route the traffic. 

b/c I do not believe I only need to assign the host a public ip and point "host-server.domin.ca" then set the hostname of the vm's to "vm-name.host-server.domain.ca"

Just now, jams22 said:

So assuming I have enough assigned ip's a bridged router and devices set to DHCP should do the trick?

bsaically, but make sure you know your stuff so people cana't mess with it.

Just now, jams22 said:

Do you know what direction I should take if I where to use this method?

So normally a dns entry points to a ip, but you can use a reverse proxy to use something like blog.domain.com.

But this won't give a vps full access, so it may work ok for a website, but not the same as deticated ip.

Really though, don't do this at home, you don't have the same infracture as a isp. Things like backup generators, building security, multiple isps is what people want in a vps.