Erasing partitions

BoxTurtle

So I am trying to use a old hybrid drive and there is three partitions on the drive. I erased the partitions but it will not let me delete the partitions. I am on Mac. I tried to see if erasing the empty space on the drive but a error message came up. I am using a SATA to USB adapter. Note that is says you can’t resize the partitions on the disk because it uses the master boot record scheme, the portion can’t be modified and when the error message comes up it says a disk with a mount point is required. Also it says when I try to erase the entire drive couldn’t open device

WARNING!! THE THINGS I SAY ARE BASED OFF EXPERIENCE AND MIGHT NOT BE TOTALLY ACCURATE!!

4 hours ago, turtlecraft said:

So I am trying to use a old hybrid drive and there is three partitions on the drive. I erased the partitions but it will not let me delete the partitions. I am on Mac. I tried to see if erasing the empty space on the drive but a error message came up. I am using a SATA to USB adapter. Note that is says you can’t resize the partitions on the disk because it uses the master boot record scheme, the portion can’t be modified and when the error message comes up it says a disk with a mount point is required. Also it says when I try to erase the entire drive couldn’t open device

Do you have access to a Windows machine to try? Do you have access to another adapter? Seems like an issue with either macOS or the adapter.

Just now, PeterPorker3 said:

Do you have access to a Windows machine to try? Do you have access to another adapter? Seems like an issue with either macOS or the adapter.

The adapter I am useing supports Mac and no I do not have access to a windows machine 

WARNING!! THE THINGS I SAY ARE BASED OFF EXPERIENCE AND MIGHT NOT BE TOTALLY ACCURATE!!

4 hours ago, turtlecraft said:

The adapter I am useing supports Mac and no I do not have access to a windows machine 

Just because it claims to support mac doesn't mean that there was some change in an update that made it incompatible, or that it's defective. I have had many issues with usb to sata adapters its always a guessing game to whether they will work or not. If you have a spare drive you know works I would try that in the adapter and try to format it.