Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Neil77

DP 1.4 issue

Posted · Original PosterOP

Hi, I have recently purchased an AUS ROG Strix RTX2070 super advanced. I was looking forward to connecting to my BENQ PD2700u and being able to select DisplayPort 1.4 on my monitors menu as previous GPU didn't support this. However I am still only able to select DisplayPort 1.1 or 1.2. I have bought a decent KabelDirekt - 8K DisplayPort cable version DP 1.4-3m – VESA certified cable and still I have no option to select DisplayPort 1.4 on the monitor. I was hoping that maybe I have overlooked something but I am starting to think it is the monitor. However, saying that I am able to stream applicable videos in youtube at 8k 60fps. I would have thought that I would not be able to do this with DisplayPort 1.2. Any help would be appreciated, perhaps I'm just not understanding DisplayPort technology?

d2.PNG

9 minutes ago, Neil77 said:

Hi, I have recently purchased an AUS ROG Strix RTX2070 super advanced. I was looking forward to connecting to my BENQ PD2700u and being able to select DisplayPort 1.4 on my monitors menu as previous GPU didn't support this. However I am still only able to select DisplayPort 1.1 or 1.2. I have bought a decent KabelDirekt - 8K DisplayPort cable version DP 1.4-3m – VESA certified cable and still I have no option to select DisplayPort 1.4 on the monitor. I was hoping that maybe I have overlooked something but I am starting to think it is the monitor. However, saying that I am able to stream applicable videos in youtube at 8k 60fps. I would have thought that I would not be able to do this with DisplayPort 1.2. Any help would be appreciated, perhaps I'm just not understanding DisplayPort technology?

https://benqesupport.blob.core.windows.net/esupport/LCD Monitor/UserManual/PD2700U/PD2700U_RF_EN_190726140251.pdf

It does not list DP 1.4 only DP 1.2

image.png.c44ed2e5de1eeafe31c6875ff5034241.png

The manual has this though:

https://benqesupport.blob.core.windows.net/esupport/LCD Monitor/UserManual/PD2700U/PD2700U_UM_EN_190726140347.pdf

image.thumb.png.da0f6943296dee66359efec8d3d75519.png

The manual seems to believe it supports 1.4

Did you plug it into the the right DP port? 

image.png.f55e8d2d913aa37e1f51ce2b88bc1c80.png

It should have 1.4 where 1.2 is according to the manual.

13 minutes ago, Neil77 said:

However, saying that I am able to stream applicable videos in youtube at 8k 60fps.

That monitor is 4K, or am I missing something here? Being able to stream an 8K video on YouTube doesn't mean much, the monitor will still show 4K @ 60Hz.

From what I can find the monitor has a max resolution of 3840×2160 @ 60 Hz, for which DP 1.2 should be enough. So you shouldn't be missing anything not being able to select DP 1.4?

Remember to quote or @mention others, so they are notified of your reply