Online Photo Storage Workflow

I'm at a bit of a loss with this and wondered if anyone might have some suggestions for a workflow.

There's Google Photos, Amazon Photos and OneDrive. I have a NAS full of photos and videos and want to back them up on these platforms. I also want to be able to back up the photos I take with my phone in real time (incase the phone gets trashed before I can offload them). Enabling this will create duplicates on all of these platforms that then show up in the timeline view. Am I missing something, is there a better workflow?

Do you care about quality? All of those services will compress photos I think.

I think the best option is to sync to s3 or simmilar, yea it costs more, but it won't compress files and can be mounted in linux.

How many tb are we thinking of phoots?

14 minutes ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

Do you care about quality? All of those services will compress photos I think.

Yes very much so. Google Photos allows full uncompressed if chosen as an option. With Amazon Photos so long as one has Prime they allow unlimited RAW storage - full resolution and with OneDrive it is full resolution as well.

I think the best option is to sync to s3 or simmilar, yea it costs more, but it won't compress files and can be mounted in linux.

Just to be clear on my current setup, my NAS is backed up to multiple cloud providers anyway. I wanted to layer this in as well since I have all three platforms available to me, why not make use of them. I would also really like to be backing up the shots I take in real time since I have lost data this way in the past.

I can sync my NAS to OneDrive and Amazon Photos but if I enable phone sync then once I offload those photos and order them in my central directory structure on my NAS they will also upload again thus duplicating the photo as it were in the timeline/frontend view of whatever platform.

How many tb are we thinking of phoots?

Currently about 100GB. To add an irritation, some are not mine but I am charged with their curation.

Just get Dropbox. Phone app uploads photos, and you can put anything you want on it.

Work Rigs - 2015 15" MBP | 2019 15" MBP | 2021 16" M1 Max MBP | Lenovo ThinkPad T490 |

AMD Ryzen 9 5900X  |  MSI B550 Gaming Plus  |  64GB G.SKILL 3200 CL16 4x8GB |  AMD Reference RX 6800  |  WD Black SN750 1TB NVMe  |  Corsair RM750  |  Corsair H115i RGB Pro XT  |  Corsair 4000D  |  Dell S2721DGF  |

Fun Rig - AMD Ryzen 5 5600X  |  MSI B550 Tomahawk  |  32GB G.SKILL 3600 CL16 4x8GB |  AMD Reference 6800XT  | Creative Sound Blaster Z  |  WD Black SN850 500GB NVMe  |  WD Black SN750 2TB NVMe  |  WD Blue 1TB SATA SSD  |  Corsair RM850x  |  Corsair H100i RGB Pro XT  |  Corsair 4000D  |  LG 27GP850  |

8 hours ago, Action_Johnson said:

Just get Dropbox. Phone app uploads photos, and you can put anything you want on it.

One can do that with OneDrive too. Incidentally I also have Dropbox and would intend to include it into the same workflow.