On Amazon (PAID LINK): https://geni.us/zT5q

Buy UniFi Dream Machine Pro

On Amazon (PAID LINK): https://geni.us/8qPg

On Newegg (PAID LINK): https://geni.us/BbGQtwD

Buy UniFi UAP-XG

On Amazon (PAID LINK): https://geni.us/hxs9q

On Newegg (PAID LINK): https://geni.us/7vp1d

Learn more about UniFi: https://www.ui.com/

I've been pretty impressed with the UDM-P.  That basestation is a beast, ha ha.

"And I'll be damned if I let myself trip from a lesser man's ledge"

I don't know much about wifi but wouldn't this heavily interfere with his neighbors' wifi signal?

1 minute ago, Woopdert said:

I don't know much about wifi but wouldn't this heavily interfere with his neighbors' wifi signal?

there are enough free channels on 5ghz it should be fine. he also is in a fairly sprawled area compared to an apartment block where even 5ghz is often fine

Good luck, Have fun, Build PC, and have a last gen console for use once a year. I should answer most of the time between 9 to 3 PST

NightHawk 3.0: R7 5700x @, B550A vision D, H105, 2x32gb Oloy 3600, Sapphire RX 6700XT  Nitro+, Corsair RM750X, 500 gb 850 evo, 2tb rocket and 5tb Toshiba x300, 2x 6TB WD Black W10 all in a 750D airflow.
GF PC: (nighthawk 2.0): R7 2700x, B450m vision D, 4x8gb Geli 2933, Strix GTX970, CX650M RGB, Obsidian 350D

Skunkworks: R5 3500U, 16gb, 500gb Adata XPG 6000 lite, Vega 8. HP probook G455R G6 Ubuntu 20. LTS

Condor (MC server): 6600K, z170m plus, 16gb corsair vengeance LPX, samsung 750 evo, EVGA BR 450.

Spirt  (NAS) ASUS Z9PR-D12, 2x E5 2620V2, 8x4gb, 24 3tb HDD. F80 800gb cache, trueNAS, 2x12disk raid Z3 stripped

PSU Tier List      Motherboard Tier List     SSD Tier List     How to get PC parts cheap    HP probook 445R G6 review

"Stupidity is like trying to find a limit of a constant. You are never truly smart in something, just less stupid."

Camera Gear: X-S10, 16-80 F4, 60D, 24-105 F4, 50mm F1.4, Helios44-m, 2 Cos-11D lavs

Does anyone know what action cam that is? It looks like the Yi 4k but I'm not sure

...replaced $1000 WiFi with... nearly $4000 WiFi+surveillance.  Might be the equivalent of a compensator.  Just sayin' 😉

I'm honestly curious how well the UWB-XG does channel and gain management as it's blasting the cul-de-sac.

For the peanut gallery, this is the pricing I dig up from a WISP VAR.  Took some guesses based on boxes visible in the video.  Que the terrible paste job...

Qty  Desc                         Ea
1 UniFi WiFi BaseStation XG   1320
1 Ubiquiti USW-PRO-24-POE     688
1 UniFi Dream Machine Pro     379
3? UniFi UAP-XG                705
1 UniFi USP-RPS               399
3? NanoSwitch                   36
2 G3 FLEX 3pk                 210

ToT ~3737

You know, when I first started watching LTT, I never thought we'd spend so much time in his attic.

System Specs: Second-class potato, slightly mouldy

5 hours ago, [BF] Mackey Moose said:

Does anyone know what action cam that is? It looks like the Yi 4k but I'm not sure

its a yi 4k or 4k+ given the did a review on the 4k that is more likely what it is.

I've got the 4k+ and its better than the gopros of the time

Good luck, Have fun, Build PC, and have a last gen console for use once a year. I should answer most of the time between 9 to 3 PST

NightHawk 3.0: R7 5700x @, B550A vision D, H105, 2x32gb Oloy 3600, Sapphire RX 6700XT  Nitro+, Corsair RM750X, 500 gb 850 evo, 2tb rocket and 5tb Toshiba x300, 2x 6TB WD Black W10 all in a 750D airflow.
GF PC: (nighthawk 2.0): R7 2700x, B450m vision D, 4x8gb Geli 2933, Strix GTX970, CX650M RGB, Obsidian 350D

Skunkworks: R5 3500U, 16gb, 500gb Adata XPG 6000 lite, Vega 8. HP probook G455R G6 Ubuntu 20. LTS

Condor (MC server): 6600K, z170m plus, 16gb corsair vengeance LPX, samsung 750 evo, EVGA BR 450.

Spirt  (NAS) ASUS Z9PR-D12, 2x E5 2620V2, 8x4gb, 24 3tb HDD. F80 800gb cache, trueNAS, 2x12disk raid Z3 stripped

PSU Tier List      Motherboard Tier List     SSD Tier List     How to get PC parts cheap    HP probook 445R G6 review

"Stupidity is like trying to find a limit of a constant. You are never truly smart in something, just less stupid."

Camera Gear: X-S10, 16-80 F4, 60D, 24-105 F4, 50mm F1.4, Helios44-m, 2 Cos-11D lavs

1 hour ago, GDRRiley said:

its a yi 4k or 4k+ given the did a review on the 4k that is more likely what it is.

I've got the 4k+ and its better than the gopros of the time

Damn that good eh? Might need to grab one for myself

1 hour ago, [BF] Mackey Moose said:

Damn that good eh? Might need to grab one for myself

they aren't made anymore

It's LTT so this is content for the channel but I think it's worth noting that this is a pretty dumb AP to buy for home use. Most of the high end features of these two APs are designed for high density deployments for a large number of clients. There's a reason why these two products are marketed as stadium access points. For home use the issue isn't usually a high number of clients, the problem is usually your house blocking the signal. So what you want in a house is more lower powered APs

I mean sure these APs will do a decent job but even if you've got money to burn on WiFi that wall is still there. That wall is your issue. You'd probably be better off getting nanoHD multipack and putting an AP in every room you want a decent signal. Avoiding the walls entirely and with more radios probably better overall performance. As an added bonus, given you could turn down transmission power, this option also means happier neighbours.

edit: oh, and I believe there is a WiFi6 AP from them in the works. "UniFi 6 Lite" I believe. Just for early access users ATM

Fools think they know everything, experts know they know nothing

And no firewall, you need a pfsense box Linus.

I agree with Skywake, more APs where coverage is needed, with lower TX power is better solution. That's what you pay for when you buy wireless controller, being able to manage all of APs at once.

9 hours ago, 6f308ba296 said:

Qty  Desc                         Ea
1 UniFi WiFi BaseStation XG   1320
1 Ubiquiti USW-PRO-24-POE     688
1 UniFi Dream Machine Pro     379
3? UniFi UAP-XG                705
1 UniFi USP-RPS               399
3? NanoSwitch                   36
2 G3 FLEX 3pk                 210

ToT ~3737

He's got a few boxes of their new 4k pro cameras as well.  $469/unit

"And I'll be damned if I let myself trip from a lesser man's ledge"

22 hours ago, nicklmg said:

Didn't know where else to mention it but wanted to point out that during at least 2 of the sections in the video where there is a blur on text, for the last frame before scene change the blur shifts/disappears and the text is plainly visible. Not sure how important the blur is in this case but still.

Linus oh Linus.. I love your videos and also do love Ubiquiti equipment.. but this video is so wrong. The equipment isn't meant for home use at all, it's meant for far other applications.

The XG basestation is meant for large public places and event, where big groups of people are connection to the base station, it's really not meant for home use where you only have a few people connecting at the same time.
Same goes for the XG Access Point, this one is also not meant for home use.

It's almost like the hard requirment was that all the equipment needed to have an 10G link, even when it's way overkill for the application. 

I think you should pull down the video, since it's basicly full of misinformation.

Btw, did I miss it, or didn't you even use the USP?

22 hours ago, GDRRiley said:

there are enough free channels on 5ghz it should be fine.

Yes 4 Indoor ...

16 hours ago, 6f308ba296 said:

Que the terrible paste job...

Well you are new here. Linus dont pay for anything the get stuffed many thing from behind until the come out of his mouth.

34 minutes ago, alexandrb said:

The equipment isn't meant for home use

Well "Home Use"... I have to manange 4 Floors with a Handfull Guest who visit my Parents in Summer so I try to use only Business HW.
"Home Use" is a very vague definition.

From AT. :x

• 2 weeks later...

Could anyone suggest a cheaper non commercial setup. I am near a populated beach area and would love to setup a laptop out there without resorting to tethering (the signal comes and goes). The picture is the distance 

image.jpg