PSU Power Cable

LordWk

Hey, I just bought a new PSU and it comes without the Power Cable. I have one in my fathers house but I do not know if they are the same.

Are the PSU Power Cables all the same? (Excluding the Regional Variance of the Power adapter on the wall)

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600 @ 4.4GHz 1.2v / GPU: MSI Radeon RX 5700 Mech OC GP (5700XT Bios) @ 2GHz / MB: Asus ROG Strix B450-F / RAM: Kingston HyperX 16GB DDR4 3200MHz CL16 / CASE: MSI MAG Vampiric 010X

Wait it didn't come with cables ?

And if you mean cables that connect to the PSU , these are different with each PSU do you probably can't use your father's cables 

PC: Motherboard: ASUS B550M TUF-Plus, CPU: Ryzen 3 3100, CPU Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34, GPU: GIGABYTE WindForce GTX1650S, RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 2x8GB 3200 CL16, Case, CoolerMaster MB311L ARGB, Boot Drive: 250GB MX500, Game Drive: WD Blue 1TB 7200RPM HDD.

Peripherals: GK61 (Optical Gateron Red) with Mistel White/Orange keycaps, Logitech G102 (Purple), BitWit Ensemble Grey Deskpad. 

Audio: Logitech G432, Moondrop Starfield, Mic: Razer Siren Mini (White).

Phone: Pixel 3a (Purple-ish).

Build Log: 

If you mean from the PSU to the wall, they are very often the same (C14 connector on the PSU side, C13 on the cable side, wall plug on the other end of the cable). Cable is also known as IEC cord.

HAL9000: AMD Ryzen 9 3900x | Noctua NH-D15 chromax.black | 32 GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200 MHz | Asus X570 Prime Pro | ASUS TUF 3080 Ti | 1 TB Samsung 970 Evo Plus + 1 TB Crucial MX500 + 6 TB WD RED | Corsair HX1000 | be quiet Pure Base 500DX | LG 34UM95 34" 3440x1440

Hydrogen server: Intel i3-10100 | Cryorig M9i | 64 GB Crucial Ballistix 3200MHz DDR4 | Gigabyte B560M-DS3H | 33 TB of storage | Fractal Design Define R5 | unRAID 6.9.2

Carbon server: Fujitsu PRIMERGY RX100 S7p | Xeon E3-1230 v2 | 16 GB DDR3 ECC | 60 GB Corsair SSD & 250 GB Samsung 850 Pro | Intel i340-T4 | ESXi 6.5.1

Big Mac cluster: 2x Raspberry Pi 2 Model B | 1x Raspberry Pi 3 Model B | 2x Raspberry Pi 3 Model B+

Just now, TofuHaroto said:

If the only cable that is missing is the external cable, most are the exact same how ever you should prob ask for a refund anyway.

At me or quote me, I want to hear your opinion.

Hopefully anything I say is factually correct. Sorry for any mistakes in advanced.

12 minutes ago, Jae Tee said:

If the only cable that is missing is the external cable, most are the exact same how ever you should prob ask for a refund anyway.

In their webpage they state that this PSU comes without a powercable because "European Union Enviromental Law"

But yeah, i will try to find one without having to pay extra t.t

Spoiler

TbarhI8.png

hahaha sorry @TofuHaroto  english is not my native language, I meant the powercable that goes from the wall to the psu hahaha

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600 @ 4.4GHz 1.2v / GPU: MSI Radeon RX 5700 Mech OC GP (5700XT Bios) @ 2GHz / MB: Asus ROG Strix B450-F / RAM: Kingston HyperX 16GB DDR4 3200MHz CL16 / CASE: MSI MAG Vampiric 010X

1 minute ago, LordWk said:

In their webpage they state that this PSU comes without a powercable because "European Union Enviromental Law"

But yeah, i will try to find one without having to pay extra t.t

Hide contents

TbarhI8.png

Ohhhh you mean the cable that plugs to the wall 

PC: Motherboard: ASUS B550M TUF-Plus, CPU: Ryzen 3 3100, CPU Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34, GPU: GIGABYTE WindForce GTX1650S, RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 2x8GB 3200 CL16, Case, CoolerMaster MB311L ARGB, Boot Drive: 250GB MX500, Game Drive: WD Blue 1TB 7200RPM HDD.

Peripherals: GK61 (Optical Gateron Red) with Mistel White/Orange keycaps, Logitech G102 (Purple), BitWit Ensemble Grey Deskpad. 

Build Log: 

1 minute ago, LordWk said:

hahaha sorry @TofuHaroto  english is not my native language, I meant the powercable that goes from the wall to the psu hahaha

Its all good 

My bad misunderstood lol

Build Log: 

13 minutes ago, LordWk said:

If that was the case no one in Europe would have PSUs with power cords...

What brand and model is the power supply? Link to the website?

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

9 hours ago, LordWk said:

9 hours ago, Spotty said:

Yeah.... That sounds SUPER SHADY.

Are you sure you bought a power supply and not a firecracker?

I mean... in the past, folks like Antec shipped PSUs without power cords to be "more green" because a lot of people have power cords around their house.  But there is no "EU Environmental Law" that says you can't ship a PSU with a power cord.  LOL!

Kolink Enclave 700W G FM

17 hours ago, Spotty said:

Oh and I missunderstood the text, it says:

Por razones medioambientales, el fabricante no suministra un cable de alimentación de toma de corriente con la unidad.

"For enviromental reasons, the producer does not include a powercord with the product"

5 minutes ago, LordWk said:

Kolink Enclave 700W G FM

Ah. Yeah that doesn't come with an AC power cable in order to cut costs. Thankfully the PSU is okay and it's not a firecracker.

You'll just need to buy a power cord yourself to use it. IEC C13 power cord.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450