USB not recognized (driver error code 38)

VladSBV

My USB flash drives and any kind of removable USB memory device is not getting recognized by windows when I insert them. I tried to go to Device Manager and realized that the error is a driver error, and the icon of the device has a little yellow exclamation mark sign on it, and it looks like this:

fbac635bb65978c7e108abd7eb7fc41e.png.72b0aec6e43e31a6de551b7cc8d52dbe.png

And then when i right-click on it and select "Properties" I get something like this:

e7c3fb9795651db033e186da4b541284.png.18ba341a9ea5abf884c49a54efe9831a.png

The thing is that when I uninstall the device, also from the device manager, and then I restart the computer with the USB flash disk inserted it works just fine when the PC starts, but when I remove the flash disk and insert it again into the USB slot i get this error again.

I can remember the last thing I done related to drivers was to "update" my drivers with a program called "IObit Driver Booster" that i found on the internet.  //Note: I don't know if this caused the problem or not.

If you need any more details please tell me.

//Edit:

I get this error with VHDs too.

It sounds to me like you got a driver that is busted somehow.  It needs to be uninstalled before you can reinstall a good one. Driver booster sounds suspicious.  Getting rid of that too may be a good idea. 
The ham handed method would be to dump the install entirely and start fresh.  There are probably less extreme solutions.  I just don’t know them myself.  Hopefully someone else here has something better.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

There are many reasons behind the 'Not Recognizing USB' issue. In your case, it seems like a driver issue but you should have to diagnose it from the beginning. I found this for you, please do this:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-in/help/2654149/error-usb-device-not-recognized-when-you-try-to-access-a-usb-external

https://www.techsupportall.com/how-to-fix-usb-device-not-recognized-in-windows-10/

Actually, the solution to the problem was pretty simple : Reset the pc.Any other thing on the internet didnt work.