How to increase sharpness in Windows 10? (Laptop)

Vendetta3

So, was using my laptop, then suddenly the screen flickered (turned off and back on) and for some reason the display drivers for my Ryzen 3 3200U stopped working. Was going to reinstall it, but out of curiosity decided to launch my favorite game, Overwatch, and I saw a noticeable increase in fps! I think that is because the Radeon software had a lot of "bloatware" that I don't need anyways, well, except one thing. I mostly play Esport titles, and for Overwatch, I dropped the render scale in-game and increased the sharpness in the radeon software, and it worked quite well.

Now, I have to 3 questions :

1) Am I missing much without the drivers?

2) Is there a way to increase sharpness in windows 10?

3) Since the drivers are still technically on my laptop, should I use DDU to fully uninstall them?

Your driver software was not disabled. A GPU with no drivers can barely push 30 FPS moving windows around on the desktop, let alone playing a game. Try playing a game in safe mode and you'll see what I mean. There is no built in way to sharpen in Windows 10, that's handled by GPU drivers.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Desktop:

Intel Core i7-11700K | Noctua NH-D15S chromax.black | ASUS ROG Strix Z590-E Gaming WiFi  | 32 GB G.SKILL TridentZ 3200 MHz | ASUS TUF Gaming RTX 3080 | 1TB Samsung 980 Pro M.2 PCIe 4.0 SSD | 2TB WD Blue M.2 SATA SSD | Seasonic Focus GX-850 Fractal Design Meshify C Windows 10 Pro

Laptop:

HP Omen 15 | AMD Ryzen 7 5800H | 16 GB 3200 MHz | Nvidia RTX 3060 | 1 TB WD Black PCIe 3.0 SSD | 512 GB Micron PCIe 3.0 SSD | Windows 11

13 minutes ago, BobVonBob said:

Your driver software was not disabled. A GPU with no drivers can barely push 30 FPS moving windows around on the desktop, let alone playing a game. Try playing a game in safe mode and you'll see what I mean. There is no built in way to sharpen in Windows 10, that's handled by GPU drivers.

Yup, I'm dumb.. When I try to open the Radeon software it says "Radeon Software and Driver versions do not match". So I think I figured it out. last time I was updating the driver, I went to check for Windows updates, which I think then thought that I didn't have display drivers and installed a different version (causing the sudden flicker). Checked the driver version in windows, and its from 22/7/2019.

28 minutes ago, Vendetta3 said:

Yup, I'm dumb.. When I try to open the Radeon software it says "Radeon Software and Driver versions do not match". So I think I figured it out. last time I was updating the driver, I went to check for Windows updates, which I think then thought that I didn't have display drivers and installed a different version (causing the sudden flicker). Checked the driver version in windows, and its from 22/7/2019.

DDU the broken driver and I stall the latest ones from AMD

1 hour ago, 5x5 said:

DDU the broken driver and I stall the latest ones from AMD

For now at least, I don’t think I’m gonna do that. I’m currently getting much better fps than before (on the latest drivers).

1 minute ago, Vendetta3 said:

For now at least, I don’t think I’m gonna do that. I’m currently getting much better fps than before (on the latest drivers).

You'll get instability and other issues....

4 hours ago, 5x5 said:

You'll get instability and other issues....

Seems fine for now. Will update if I notice any instabilities. Ty!